PDA

View Full Version : any machinists or metal workers here?

dizasterzrfun69
04-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Well i have an idea for my 84 r but i'm not sure how to do it. I need 250R cut out of some about 1/16 inch steel. It needs to be running up and down and the letters/numbers need to be about 2 inches wide. i need it about 10 inches tall Maybe even 9 or 11 inches , as long as it's close to 10 inches. I will also need a plain piece of 1/16 inch steel the same size as the whole 250r piece (about 2 or 3 inches by 10 inches). it's kind of confusing but if someone can help me i can explain it to them and tell them what it's purpose is, i just dont want other people to steal my idea :lol: it will be cool if i can get it done. Or does anyone have any ideas how to cut it out? I dont have a plasma cutter or anything like that. I will pay someone to cut this thing out if it's possible and it turns out how i want it.

Kevin

this pic is just a rough idea of what i want it to look like, i dont want the actual numbers/letters, just the 2inch X 10 inch steel with the letters/numbers cut out of it.

dickieg89
04-03-2006, 07:43 PM
my neighbor has a cnc mill, that could do what you want. I'd do it out of sheet aluminum, easier to cut.