PDA

View Full Version : Generators?

Lomax
04-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I wanted to ask if I would be able to bring my genterator up to TF with me. ITs not real noisy but i didnt know if I would be allowed to run it all night or not. I am not a big fan of sleeping when its really hot so I have been thinking about creating a stand to hold a A/C unit that will be in my tent with me to create some type of cool air. I work in the heat for hours at a time. When i sleep, i like it at least tolerable
-Will

Howdy
04-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I wanted to ask if I would be able to bring my genterator up to TF with me. ITs not real noisy but i didnt know if I would be allowed to run it all night or not. I am not a big fan of sleeping when its really hot so I have been thinking about creating a stand to hold a A/C unit that will be in my tent with me to create some type of cool air. I work in the heat for hours at a time. When i sleep, i like it at least tolerable
-Will

I know other people frown on running generators at night, but the last I knew Haspin allowed it. I know I plan on bringing a RV generator that runs pretty quiet. If I bring it I plan on having a VERY long extension cord for it. The generator won't be run unless needed, but it will provide power if we needed it.
As far as sleeping at night: It normally isn't too hot at night during TF. In fact depending on where you camp you may actually find it to be nice sleeping weather. Waterpumper has slept in a sleeping bag under the stars a time or 2.
Howdy

ScottZJ
05-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Oh and dont worry I have upgraded my generator from that loud hooptie from last trikefest! HAHA I plan on camping more in the wooded areas this year.