PDA

View Full Version : Fake Grass ???

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 10:01 AM
http://www.artificiallawn.co.uk/products/Grasses.htm

Whoa... aparently,,, you can now buy artificial lawn ! :lol:

Never cut the lawn again.. set it and forget it ! lol.....

Personally.. i like mowing the lawn. but go figure !

85hondaatc125m
04-04-2006, 10:07 AM
I thought fake lawn was atsro turf

I am with you when you say I like mowing the lawn, it is always fun to use something with and engine, expecially when its dangerous :naughty:

Billy Golightly
04-04-2006, 10:08 AM
A couple years ago when I was visiting a friends house in another town, I looked across the street and noticed a guys place where the entire lawn (or what would be) was rocked. I mean they brought in those sorta decreative looking pointy ones that are commonly used in parking lots that are not paved, and covered the entire yard with them. From the edge of the house all the way to the road, on all 3 sides from what I could see. It was very interesting, and I had to laugh because I instantly thought "Man, that guy must REALLY hate to mow his lawn"

mymint87
04-04-2006, 10:17 AM
they use it alot out here on playgrounds....stuff is trick...the blades are about 2 inches long, once they lay it, a machine grooms it and lifts the blades, then they pour what is grinded up old tires (ground up into small BB size pellets) on to it leaving about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the grass blades tips exposed...

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 10:20 AM
for 8 to 15 $ a square foot... it better last for a few generations !

Yamahauler
04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I think I'll do my living room with it :lol:

Lomax
04-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Did anyone notice that the more expensive it got the worse it looked? I think the cheapest looked the best.

AZ250R
04-04-2006, 05:08 PM
A couple years ago when I was visiting a friends house in another town, I looked across the street and noticed a guys place where the entire lawn (or what would be) was rocked. Like this? see pic below, its of my trike sit'n in my front yard. (sorry for the large size its for see'n the rock detail):lol:
Um, in AZ that's like the most common yard look!?!? My whole yard, front and back is rock'd with only a small 600sq ft patch of grass in back. Oh and alot of people here use the fake grass too, we'er a DROUGHT state. I'd get one if I wanted a put'n green but they do cost quite a bit.
http://www.phxdata.com/250R/pics/b1010013.JPG

dreadhed
04-04-2006, 07:37 PM
You guys that like to mow are welcome to come down to FL in the middle of summer & mow my lawn for me. lol I'll even take you for a ride when you done. My pets would make a mess of a fake lawn. I just don't see it working with pets.

Trike Dude
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I sure do miss living in AK where you couldn't tell if it was road or yard. Just pull the cars right up to the house.

twgranger
04-04-2006, 09:58 PM
I sure do miss living in AK where you couldn't tell if it was road or yard. Just pull the cars right up to the house.Nice:lol: , I gotta have real grass.

Bryan Raffa
04-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Ive seen pics of peoples yards sprayed green to look like grass,because its so dry there!! looks so cheesey!

grundlegrabber
04-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Once bought a bag of "fake grass" when I was a kid. Man did that piss me off. Real grass is much better.

3 weelin geezer
04-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Ive seen pics of peoples yards sprayed green to look like grass,because its so dry there!! looks so cheesey!

Actually around here they do spray the yard green but its because that green mulch stuff has grass seed in it and the green helps keep it moist so the grass takes root instead of drying out in the sun. The only problem is that you gotta sit at your porch like a hillbilly or the doves get the seeds. I don't think its legal to fill that dove tag with sitting doves especially in your yard even if you use a bb gun.:twisted:

dreadhed
04-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Once bought a bag of "fake grass" when I was a kid. Man did that piss me off. Real grass is much better.
lol That is one of the first things I thought about when I read this.

3 weelin geezer
04-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Bag of fake grass? Is that the kind you smoke or the kind you play soccer on? If it was the kind you smoke then I would be upset too. Especially if I could just gone out side and picked some.

dreadhed
04-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Well I don't play soccer. So I wouldn't buy grass for that. hehe Yes it is nice to go out side and pic some.

xman23
04-07-2006, 06:19 PM
lol haha thats funny

3 weelin geezer
04-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Ok then how about foot ball? Baseball? Golf? I give up.:lol:

dreadhed
04-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Ok then how about foot ball? Baseball? Golf? I give up.:lol:
Nope none of those ether. lol