PDA

View Full Version : I don't need no stinkin pedals..

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Last year.... 20 mph , pedaling to help out ... 400w Lead acid battery at 48v.

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
This year !

Folding bike with 20" wheels ( BMX size ).

72v Nimh battery ( 20 lbs .. 60 x D cell batteries in series )

Spedometer, volt-meter, watt-meter.. data log.. etc..

37 mph continuous for 25 miles range between charges.. pedals optional. :w00t:

Totally silent.. Brushless motor.... 1700 w !

Maine_Triker
04-04-2006, 10:48 AM
This year !

Folding bike with 20" wheels ( BMX size ).

72v Nimh battery ( 20 lbs .. 60 x D cell batteries in series )

Spedometer, volt-meter, watt-meter.. data log.. etc..

37 mph continuous for 25 miles range between charges.. pedals optional. :w00t:

Totally silent.. Brushless motor.... 1700 w !
How much did that bad boy cost ya? My grandma wants to get one too... lmao

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Alot... but depends on how you look at it.

No gas.. no insurance.. no registration.. pretty much zero maintenance once built.. reliable as can be.. tires and brakes is all you need. ( and at 37+ mph on V-Brakes... you go thru pads .... QUICK ) lol..

I have about 2000 $ can in it so far. and if you think that's expensive... you should come try it out !!!!!!!

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 10:59 AM
My grandma wants to get one too... lmao

On a serious note.. if she wants to keep up with the kids.. :lol: these motors can be installed on upright pedal trikes, and re-geared for low speed and mondo torque to get granny up that big hill before the supermarket with a full load of groceries.

cost can be much lower if you settle for less battery technology.

I have Nimh Military grade 5 C capable cells... $$$$$

Lead acid costs a fraction of this.

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 01:44 PM
I got this bad boy last week.....

If the funds permit, i'm going to electrify this one by the end of summer with lithium cells and a bigger motor !

Can anyone say " Urban assault vehicle ! " :naughty:

3 weelin geezer
04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Why not just get a lawnmower engine on it instead of all those batteries? :wondering

Maine_Triker
04-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Why not just get a lawnmower engine on it instead of all those batteries? :wondering
The whole point is to try not to use fuel... lol... if he was going to use use fuel he'd get a REAL bike :welcome:

bigredhead
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Lol... yep.. no gas.

Those gas powered bicycles are too loud, stinky, and need constand attention... ( now.. i'm sure if you spend 2 grand on one.. it would be pretty good.. hehe.. )..

But this way.. i can take my bike in the office at work and no one give me any trouble.. if i had a 2 stroke gaser in the elevator.. boss lady would have a heart attack. And leaving it outside chained.. may as well give it away.. as it will be stolen.

I would drive a car if i could.. but elas.. not possible.. i have an eye problem.. can't see at night well enough to drive.. RP ( retinitis pigmentosa ) so i'm stuck with depals weather i like it or not. May as well make the best of it.

Besides.. i love giving the Lycra guys a heart attack..

Lycra Guy : Dude wearing spandex who shaves his legs on a skinny tire road bike who don't let any other biker pass him as he thinks he's the fastest out there.... |( no offence to anyone reading this.. please :lol: )

The look on their faces when you blow by them on a folding bike wearing office clothes is priceless..

3 weelin geezer
04-06-2006, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=bigredhead]
Besides.. i love giving the Lycra guys a heart attack..

Lycra Guy : Dude wearing spandex who shaves his legs on a skinny tire road bike who don't let any other biker pass him as he thinks he's the fastest out there.... |( no offence to anyone reading this.. please :lol: )

[QUOTE]

This sounds like the type of person you want to stick a stick in his spokes going downhill. :lol: Be sure to give him one of those Hawaiian greetings:p

bigredhead
04-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Took it to work this morning for the first time...

Whooooweee... this thing is fun !

Took me exactly 6 minutes to get to work.. 4.5 km distance. and i had to let off the throttle.. too cold and windy.. almost froze my face off.

My red one.. ( top picture ) took me about 10 at full throttle. booooooring.

Feels like going from an ATC 70 to a 250 R !

bigredhead
04-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Took me all weekend to put it together.. but check this rig out !

bigredhead
04-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Took alot of cutting and grinding.. but i got the 8" rotor to fit the motor !

Lots of stopping power now !

Kintore
04-17-2006, 09:47 AM
That is sweet BRH!
I would love to see the look on there faces when you blow by em lol.

Norco bike- pricey
Conversion to battery power- expensive
Beating the Lycra guy- priceless!

bigredhead
04-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I need to figure out how to do this.. but i want to make a short vid clip of this thing in action. anyone know how to upload to google video? i'm going to read up on it right now.

Pissing rain for 2 days straight now....... Grrrrrrr... if it would let up for even a few minutes i'd get it out for a rip. But it's torential rain and wind right now..

bigredhead
05-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Finally got to put some miles on the rig..

Here is a short test clip of the " DrainBrain " watt-meter.

Now 40 km/h may not sound like much.. but on a bicycle it's pretty fast ! :lol:

I'll be making another one side by side drag race with my Pukka 400w minibike !

Keep in mind i can maintain that 40 km/h for a solid hour !

bigredhead
06-12-2006, 11:38 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3808015997765450369

Finally got the video thing to work...

Again.. this is motor only.. NO PEDALING !

Yeah.. i'm lazy.

YTM200BOY
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
LMAO THATS FUNNNNNNNNNNY... 3 weelin geezer lmao thats just stright up hysterical! put a lawnmower on it lol.... FUEL OR NO FUEL THAT IS THE QUESTION lol.. had to man sorry.

bigredhead
06-13-2006, 02:23 PM
You want funny..

I was on my way home last night, noticed 3 guys on those pocket bikes, so i pull over and chat, turns out they are a bunch of snotty bastards..

Long story short. they wanted to race.. :twisted:

I had a half charge left.. so figured why not..

One guy had a leaky carb.. overlow was pissin gas all over the place..:lol: but the other 2 ran pretty good.. I SMOKED them off the line, and let off the throttle to let them catch up a bit.. i could hear the poor motors revvin for all they were worth.. WRRRHHHHiIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN>>>>.... then the leaky tank guy just quit.. the other 2 kept going to about 40 km/h.. then another one quit..

But.. the 3rd guy.. total idiot.. kept it pinned.. got to about 55 km/h and BRRrrrrrrrr.. put put ... seize !!!!! :lol:

I can maintain 60 km/h ! :D

Rm250RF900R
06-13-2006, 05:54 PM
How fast is 60km/h in american terms? That thing looks pretty slick. How much money do you have in that thing?

bigredhead
06-13-2006, 09:02 PM
37 mph !

That may not seem very fast.. but on 1.5" wide tires mixing it up with cars it's a rush !!!

About 2500 $