PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on this helmet

Blown 331
04-05-2006, 03:47 PM
I just bought a Harley, I live in Illinois and we don't have a helmet law. I work in Missouri, they do have a helmet law. I don't wear a helmet unless it's cold or there are lots of bugs at night. Please do not tell me to wear a helmet all the time, that's not what this is about so don't change the subject. I'm just looking for a cool helmet to wear when I ride in Missouri. Their House did vote to repeal the law on Monday so we'll see what happens. Anyway I thought this one was cool. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrome-GERMAN-SPIKE-Novelty-motorcycle-HELMET-Helmets_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6749QQitemZ8052 938498QQrdZ1
I told my dad about it and he flipped out and said I would be supporting the Nazi's and people will be offended. What does everyone think? Cool helmet or inappropriate helmet?

nouseforaname90
04-05-2006, 03:54 PM
I personally think it is pretty cool, and I don't see why anyone would be offended by it. Just because of how it looks doesn't mean anything.. they could take offense to it but its not like you are trying to make a statement or anything by wearing it.

Russell 350X
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
That helmet looks awsome, kinda like one of those old German helmets from WWI. Definetly a eye catcher.

ScottZJ
04-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Well personally when I am riding on the street (with a street legal bike), I perfer a full face helmet cuz the brain buckets just dont do much to save your face, and I have had a few accidents that I would be trashed if I didnt have one. Now I did purchase a helmet just like yours on ebay awhile back. I plan on using it for trikefest. You MUST wear a helmet at all times and taking off and on the helmet to ride from camp to camp or to go use the head, my big ears begin to hurt something fierce. Mine was only 20$ without the spike, so nice price hehe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4610975128&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

3WheelsOva4
04-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Hmmm, is it legal? It really wouldn't matter because it still looks awesome.

jsimonh
04-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I like it:cool: . I wouldn't think you would care if anyone was offended.:lol:

thefox
04-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Personally I think it looks kind of stupid with a spike on it. I have a shorty helmet that I use on occasion around town otherwise I go with the full face, if you get the one ScottZJ linked read the law first, in NY your helmet has to be DOT certified and the one linked is not (not like the cops pull you over to check).