PDA

View Full Version : Status of the my track...

Billy Golightly
04-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Well guys its official, the decision is headed to the circuit court. It looks like we're going to be waiting a few months now before we know anything. From what I understand, once it gets there the county attorney and the attorney for Mrs Worth will be arguing to the judge whether the first hearing was within all the legal areas of being completed, or whether it warrants to be heard again. The judge then has the ability to stop the whole thing right there and say that the hearing was propperly conducted, everything that needed to be done was done. Or, he can order the zoning board to re-hear this same issue again and more or less making the first one null and void.

Theres also about a paragraph on it in amongst another article on the Greencycle manure processing plant in the Suwanee Democrat today: http://www.suwanneedemocrat.com/local/local_story_094162603.html

In the meantime, I thought I would post a few pictures of the signs and things that some of the neighbors have been putting up in their own little seperate "protest" of the track. All of these have been posted along the county road that you have to take to get to our property. Look at them and tell me what you think...

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/5345/closeup15da.th.jpg (http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=closeup15da.jpg)
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/8424/defecate18ar.th.jpg (http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=defecate18ar.jpg)
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9148/rules36up.th.jpg (http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rules36up.jpg)
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/6973/rules59xc.th.jpg (http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rules59xc.jpg)

CRAZY or what?

MTS
04-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Jeez billy sure looks like some of your neighbours have a steel rod up there ass's.....Best of luck to ya...i wana see this track..!!

nouseforaname90
04-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I was wondering what had come of this whole track thing. It sucks that your neighbors are being gay about it. I see no reason for them to be mad because they probably won't even be able to hear it, and if they can you have limits on how late and early you can ride anyway..
Oh well. I hope it all turns out ok. And those signs are pretty interesting :wondering . I think that first one has a double meaning.. lol.

Kintore
04-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Well lol, seems your the man of the month. We all like ya hear billy, might not to go outside! LOL

People have gotten nothing better to do that to post signs of protest. I think our world has offically bottomed out:rolleyes:

03 ORANGE SHEE
04-05-2006, 09:02 PM
is this going to be a pubic track or privite??
f the neighbors!!:lol:

DeePa
04-05-2006, 09:05 PM
you might live in redneck land if you post signs like those!!!

billy good luck...

mike

Howdy
04-05-2006, 09:07 PM
is this going to be a pubic track or privite??

It's a Public track. I can't wait to help support it. ;)
Howdy

Billy Golightly
04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Public track... and yes things are getting interesting. Worst part is I haven't been doing much riding because all of this (No need to make the natives...err neighbors anymore restless then they already are). It sucks. I was hoping to have a track built by now and getting practice time in for haspin. Aint happening.

Pistonhead
04-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Diagnosis: some sort of large, rather sharp, awkwardly shaped object has somehow found it's way into your naeighbour's anal orfuses and remains there. It also appears that some sort of small mammal has found its way into the same orfus, readily impailing itself on the object, and, judging from the epic stench, it has reached the putrification stage.

Tri-ZNate
04-05-2006, 11:18 PM

my thoughts exactly. You should have just made the track and said it was private, then they can kiss you red hot pipe. I love the one sign "Do unto other as you'd have them do unto you". So basically you can be an ass hole too.

250r'en +TCB
04-06-2006, 06:04 AM
"Do unto others as you would have them do to you..."

Well I would KILL to have a motocross track next to my house, so that must mean they want you to build it right Billy??? hahaha

Banage
04-06-2006, 10:15 AM
put up some dirt walls like they do in open pit mines, then the sound will go up, not over.

bigredhead
04-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Geezus that's harsh..

Your neighbors suck.. what am i missing here.. why are they so pissed off ? is it polution related or traffic .. or what gives ?

Don't let up at this point.. i'd get it done and promote the thing like crazy just because ...... wow.

Lomax
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Man I am glad that I dont live down there. Reason is because if I am down your way for something I can cuss, yell, scream and B***H slap your neighbors that are protesting and get away with it because noone knows who i am :lol:
Seriously, I cant believe that they are putting up all these signs and crap, they could have came to the first hearing same as eveyone else, Hope this doesnt hurt your moms business any..

atctim
04-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah - sounds like some real Kill-joys you have for neighbors. If the public track does not go through, can you still build a private track? I mean it is your land - is the hearing over zoning or what?

Best of luck to you though buddy - we'll support you anyway we can. Too bad on-line petitions don't hold water - you could get 1,000 signatures in no time from members!!!

wheelie king
04-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I think that if you have something to say that you feel is important enough to put on a sign.....at least spell it correctly. :rolleyes: What freakin' morons. :lol:

Anyway, it's typical. There are a few idiotic blowhard types that are going to pound their chest and jump up an down, making quasi-witty signs in a pathetic attempt to get their point across in the only way they know how.

hang in there, be the bigger person, and stick to your fight. Don't sink to their level, because there is nothing that you can do to make them realize that they are focking butt-heads. Just relax in the fact that you are smart, and have a vision.

250r'en +TCB
04-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I definatly agree with YOU showing up to the meeting Billy!!!! Show them you arn't afraid and you won't back down. Not to mention you can be there to get the facts straight, I'm sure you'll need to.....

mymint87
04-06-2006, 03:04 PM
With my business, I've been through the courts and dealt with the hate mail, so I know what your going through, sometimes you get knocked right off your feet as if someone just jacked your jaw and It whips you to what seems like days, but you have to stand back up, brush yourself off and throw back a salvo for what you believe is within your rights...

Many highs and lows to come, but to own your own public race track?.... definately worth the battle.....That's the dreams of MANY and I hope yours comes true.:welcome:

03 ORANGE SHEE
04-06-2006, 04:25 PM
why dont we have tf06 down there, can you see the look on the neighbors faces when they see hundreds of bikes from outa state coming to ride and party for the weekend!

ATC crazy
04-06-2006, 04:40 PM
why dont we have tf06 down there, can you see the look on the neighbors faces when they see hundreds of bikes from outa state coming to ride and party for the weekend!

Thats a great idea!! I would definately make time to do that!

Anyways Billy....if this doesn't work out...is it still possible to make it a private track? Like some private golf courses...you dont get to play unless you have a yearly membership. That would help with costs...and you could have a small parking fee.

Best of luck to ya Billy!! :w00t:

Billy Golightly
04-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm building a track either way. And let me tell ya, if they get this public one denied, things will get interestin :D

250r'en +TCB
04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm building a track either way. And let me tell ya, if they get this public one denied, things will get interestin :D
I can see it now....
Welcome to the new motocross track! The rules are as follows:
1. Straight pipes ONLY! Any device used for silencing the exhaust will be confinscated, and the owner will face a $1000 fine:lol: :lol: :lol:
2. Other than rule #1, WHATEVER.................:w00t: :lol:

Orangecnty250r
04-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I have a small parcel 30 acres and I heard a development was going to be put on the "border " of my property....I am getting ready to make 4x8 foot signs with my signmaker for the border of my property for the potential investors to see

FUTURE SITE OF THE MOUNTAIN MOTOCROSS CLUB ...
private members only. :D :D :D

Good luck to ya Billy its your land!!!

Billy Golightly
04-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the support guys...I sure hope everything works out. I've been told that in line with previous appeals there is less then 10% chance it'll get overturned but who knows. More waiting and seeing.

3 weelin geezer
04-07-2006, 01:44 AM
:lol: Whats the moral of the story? Dont defecate on your neighbors. :banned: No more burning sacks of poo at their door! :beer :lol: Seems to me its the same person writing all that anti-track propaganda. How big is this property that they don't want it ? Will it spill into their yards? So you want a track, all you have to do is ride around where it will be and you make a road. Its your land so what can they do about you choosing a certain pathe around it? :wondering Did you ever get together with them to find out their displeasure?

Billy Golightly
04-07-2006, 02:02 PM
The track is going to be on 80 acres, and the closest one bitching about it is over a 1/4 mile away, and they dont even live at that property. The ones writing this stuff about the signs are at the start of the dirt road coming back here which is atleast a mile away as the crow flies. The other two that are unhappy with it are close to a mile and a half away from it.

One of them went in ahead of me on the way back from town this afternoon, and stopped right in the middle of the road to be an asshole. They just sat there and I went around them and almost got stuck in the ditch....

nate b
04-07-2006, 02:30 PM
should have rear ended them and killed em, and if they survived sue for whiplash!
stupid bastads

nate b
04-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Ok maybe killing them would be a bad idea, but I just hate nieghbors. kill their pets instead.

firehart
04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Just smile and them and wave. That will piss them off more. Don't be anything more than who you really are.

slothminx
04-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Yup, agreed firehart. I would have got out the paper or a magazine and just sat there and read it. That would have really pissed em off.:lol:

Billy Golightly
04-07-2006, 03:34 PM
The Suwannee Democrat is a piece of dung. They have a thing that says they only allow one letter to be printed by a person per quarter. Mr Bartley had one letter printed just a few weeks ago, and today I find another one in the letters to the editor section. Get a load of this:

Dear Editor,

My name is Charles Bartley and I am a property owner and taxpayer in Suwannee County. I would like to speak about the zoning and permit procedures that are creating a burden on the taxpayers.

At this time I will not discuss the many infractions in the zoning codes. Nor will I discuss the lack of direction for acceptable growth in Suwannee County.

This is the time to address responsiblity. There appears to be a belief by some of you that once a zoning board has a made a decision, you as elected county commissioners, cannot change that decision. If that is correct, it would indicate you have created an entity that you cannot control.

You, the county commissioners are part of a body, have appointed these five members of the zoning/adjustment board to make decisions that are in the bext interest of Suwannee County as a whole.

You, the elected county commissioners are responsible for their decisions. If your appointed represenatives err in their decision, it is your responsibility to correct this error. The voting citizens of Suwannee County did not elect the zoning board members. The voting citizens of Suwannee county did elect you. This chain of responsiblity cannot be broke by saying "We just cannot do anything about it." I believe you can do something about it. Obviously, I feel you should do something about it.

The downside of not correcting this error in judgement in its early stages is that it leads to unhappy citizens county-wide, not just one district. The expensive of the proceedings of the courtts will be borne by the taxpayers. The citizens will not be happy to pay for these lawsuits. It will be embarrassing and difficult to explain by politicians.

To use the racetrack as an example, if the board of county commissioners fail in their duty to the citizens and zoning permit stands; if the courts fail in their representation of the democratic mass, then a new set of difficult questions rise.

Who will pay for the infrastructure that is growing in other counties because of this type of commercial racetrack. Additiona law enforecement, additional road maintence, additional medical support in the form of personnel, ambulances, hospital facilities, and air lifts to trauma centers. All these and more will be required. If the county is pro-active then the taxpayers must pay. Where will this money come from? The property values for miles around will be diminished by the noise and presence so th that the millage rate will have to be increased just to stay at the current revenue flow. We can expect higher taxes. If the cost of this required infrastructure is added to this, we can expect a much higher tax increase. The voting public and taxpayers will not be happy. If the county is not pro-active, then the citizens will pay in the form of diminished services. An example would be waiting in line at the hospital because there has been yet another tragic accident at the race track. The voting citizens will be beyond unhappy, they will be mad.

As a final thought on this issue, a racetrack of this nature has a reputation of killing and maiming children and adults. To enable this commercial endeavor can never be judged as noble.

Charles Barlety.

bigredhead
04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
That's one side of the coin.

You should reply with a well worded :

- Increased revenue for local stores garages.. motels and the like.

- Increased vacationers and exposure to the map for investors .

Wich all contribute to increase in revenue in taxes to pay for the potential added costs to medical system..

but what a dick..

edit to add:

This guy clearly has no clue about racing and planned events. You will need to have insurance to cover all the details of possible negligence.. accidents etc.... alot of the potential costs associated to this will be covered by insurance and not taxes....

Accidents on a race track happen.. fact of life... but at least it's a planned event with medical assistance available on site during big events.. ( i hope ) and survailance..

Keep kids exercising and racing instead of making grafiti and doing drugs..

darrel632
04-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Gotta figure that particular sub human hasn't had his metamusil or a bran muffin in a significant period of time. Of course he missed the other side of the coin with the fact there will be increased traffic in restraunts, gas stations, clothing stores. Hotels, Motels etc significantly improve cash flow in associated business'.
The point that any public recreation area will increase the cash flow in the area. Yes, there will be injuries, you cannot have this type of facility without injuries, and it would be a fantisy if you think there won't be. but if there are medical infrastucture increases in the area the tax base will also increase. Medical people spend alot of money in the comunities that they live in. I don't doubt that property adjacent might be affected by the track MIGHT loose some value as Residential property; it can be used as either agriculture or industrial land and loose lilttle or no value. I don't know much about your health care system, but I thought HMO's picked up the cost of medical and charged insurance to the public to cover they're costs, since when are counties or municipalities charged for medical services? Most of this persons rehtoric is designed to inflame the general public, not inform them of realistic issues relating to an MX track

IMHO Darrel

Darrel

atctim
04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
It's obvious that this guy is off his rocker - The use of the phrase, and I quote "a racetrack of this nature has a reputation of killing and maiming children and adults" just has lunatic written all over it. I thought it was just ATV's and Hand guns that killed people - now racetracks are at it to. I think Fox has a new show airing this summer - "When Racetracks Attack".

What a loser this Charles Barkley fellow is.

250r'en +TCB
04-07-2006, 04:41 PM
It's obvious that this guy is off his rocker - The use of the phrase, and I quote "a racetrack of this nature has a reputation of killing and maiming children and adults" just has lunatic written all over it. I thought it was just ATV's and Hand guns that killed people - now racetracks are at it to. I think Fox has a new show airing this summer - "When Racetracks Attack".

What a loser this Charles Barkley fellow is.
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me.....
Anyway Billy I feel you should go to every town meeting and any meeting that involves the racetrack at all. Also see if you can write that newspaper and share the other side of the story..... and if they don't publish it, have a cocktail party, a molotov cocktail party that is......:lol:

Billy Golightly
04-07-2006, 04:44 PM
The economic increase from the track to this are will be MASSIVE! Look at this article in the Orlando Setinel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/custom/adventure/orl-adventure0606apr06,0,3327744.story?coll=orl-rush-headlines

Look at the impact just from croom alone, I mean damn!

As far as the property value, I find it hard to believe any of it will decrease at all. I pulled so many different properties along different race tracks in the state and all of them had shown increases. Please keep in mind too, every piece of property that adjoinings the track land is zoned agriculture. There is no housing adjoining it. There are no sub divisions nearby. Its farmland, and woods. If you cant put it in the middle of nowhere, where the hell you gonna put it?

Dammit!
04-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I think it will go through just fine. I doubt they'll turn you down over a handful of nutjobs when the benefits are so obvious. Remember, these people think in terms of dollars. If they have ANY sense at all, looking at all the facts, they'll approve it.

And if for some reason it doesn't, after everything is said and done, I would be getting some revenge on your asshole neighbors. Play it cool for now of course but, good lord would they be in for it if I lived there. I'd be inviting the loudest local bands in the state to stage shows there, having friends with extremely loud four stroke quads come over for a few well timed night rides, you name it. The racetrack would have been an improvement. :lol: :twisted:

3 weelin geezer
04-08-2006, 03:22 AM
1. I believe you can do something about it. Obviously, I feel you should do something about it.

2. To use the racetrack as an example, if the board of county commissioners fail in their duty to the citizens and zoning permit stands; if the courts fail in their representation of the democratic mass, then a new set of difficult questions rise.

3. Who will pay for the infrastructure that is growing in other counties because of this type of commercial racetrack. The property values for miles around will be diminished by the noise

4. As a final thought on this issue, a racetrack of this nature has a reputation of killing and maiming children and adults. To enable this commercial endeavor can never be judged as noble.

Charles Barlety.

1I believe, I feel ---personal opinion
2difficult questions--no easy answers = lazy person
3other counties growing- jealousy that he belongs to the "haves not"
values will go down for miles around--Dont they live miles away?
4racetracks killing children--we all die sometime but we not know when
or where Some would prefer to die in peace in bed at night but some will prefer to go sliding in to the grave sideways with a :beer in one hand and the throttle in the other and exclaim "WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!":lol:

Jeffro33
04-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I agree with the guy racetracks kill people.:crazy: To think of it so does cars/trucks. :banned: Ok I think I got it now, we can only ride horses. Wait hold on horses kill people. :banned: Hum I think I got it, we all have to walk (heart attacks). That kills people also. :crazy: Ok I got it now we need to all stay in out houses in a small corner. We can't do that more poeple die in there own homes than on race tracks. We can't prevent death. Accidents happen because people are not payin attention to what they are doing. Now matter where you are at. That is it we need to ban people. LOL:beer :beer Good luck Billy let us know what we can do. If you want me to I can be at the board meeting. It is only about a 4 hour drive.Thanks for doing all of this for us.