PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some ebay advice ..problem with a big spender

Orangecnty250r
04-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Well I Sold my 1987 ATC 200x seat on 3/18/06 for 455.00 to the same buyer who won those $ 2100 350x NOS rear fenders. The same person also bought a 350x seat off me for decent money and paid. After not hearing from this buyer I sent several invoices in the days to come after the auction. Finally without him emailing me I get a paypal invoice saying I received an E -check with an estimated clearing date of 4/12/06 :mad: Being the nice person I am I didnt say anything and have been patiently waiting for it to clear. Today I get a notice that his e-check failed and did not clear from paypal.

Now for the kicker :eek: ...#1 being not paid for this item is one of the reason I had to back out of bidding on the NOS 81R seat:mad:

Bigger kicker #2 ...I was watching the auction of the other NOS 1987 ATC 200x seat that went off last night and he BID on that one and LOST....His bid was 455.00 :mad: :mad: Cant seem to pay for mine but can bid on another :rolleyes:

What would you guys to with this JACABDAN guy??

Howdy
04-06-2006, 09:21 AM
For starters: I would report him and a Non paying bidder, and go through all the hoops with ebay to get your end of auction fees back.
Howdy

petesatc
04-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Bill send him a 'Unpaid Item Dispute' from ebay and see what happens??? at least you have ebay on your side that way......

Orangecnty250r
04-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh on a side note this buyer also bought a pair of 350x decals off me in December...paid quickly and "said" he never received them...I had delivery confirmation showing delivery!!! which I provided to him. He kept bugging me about not receiving them and admitted his carriers mix up deliveries in his neighborhood. Once again being nice I sent him 1 set no charge....Looks like it may be time to block him from my auctions because he is a headache. I am taking the advice and reporting him now.

petesatc
04-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Sound like a scammer to me.......he's taken advantage of your good nature Bill.....
Think it could be time to sell my 87x seat now with 2 going through at $450:)

Orangecnty250r
04-06-2006, 09:44 AM
The seller of the last one said he had two so another one may be listed soon....I am wondering if the buyer I am having problems with saw the last one sitting at 200 and something dollars the last several days and figured by backing out of mine he could get one cheaper!! Oh BTW he has really good feedback!!

Teeksoffroad
04-06-2006, 10:58 AM
If eBay provided you a phone # I would call him. Sometimes I have sold items and when
eBay sends the invoce a phone # is included. When I was into BMX bikes I sold a Cook Bros slant stem for $400 and put in the auction " must have a rating of 20 to bid with 0 neg", well a guy who just signed up bid at the end and won it then I didn't hear from him after emailing for a week. I called him up and his wife answered and I didn't want to get him in trouble but I wanted my $ and she said she knew about it. The guy called me that night and I got a MO 2 days later. Ebay doesn't care about you, they want their fee. You always just get a generic response from them.

Darius1502
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
You sent him another set of free NOS 350x decals....man here's my take: Block that *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited*!

82300R
04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
i don't understand why people with good feedback pull these kind of things." lots of nothing" did me the same thing, he had pretty good feedback then he gives me and others the royal shaft. then cuts and runs.:rolleyes: sounds to me like he's trying to pull a fast one on you.

Maico
04-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Sounds like just another turd on Flea Bay..a word of advice though...don't "sell to Peter to pay Paul" as it will bite you in the ass every time. Just report the guy to E-Bay with the info you have...

x.system
04-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I just had a similar situation with a harley. The guy doesn't ask any questions but hes a harley expert. He wins the auction for 10,300 and and then askes after the auction is over "is that a dent in the tank" right away I knew I was going to have problems with this guy. Anyway, he drives over 1000 miles to come pick it up. The kid who bought it loves it so his dad takes it for a ride and has no complaints but once he gets back he starts cutting on little flaws, chips in the paint, surface rust on a couple chrome pieces, stuff like that. Well, he then offers 10,000, I think he didn't figure his fuel cost right and didn't have funds to get home or something and was trying to make up for it by making me offers. I actually accepted his offer after some counter offers because he did drive so far and wanted to help him out. Him and his son go and talk in private and the father comes back and says they are going to pass so I said fine. He leaves negative as soon as he gets home so I counter with the same move and report an unpaid item.

For about a week he makes offers like 7000 and I deliver it so I say ok, I will deliver it to you for 7000 plus my expenses of 4000.

The kicker is, as soon as he passed and left, I made 3 phone calls and sold the bike to another couple before he even got out of Michigan for the same price.

Just report your unpaid item and be done with that person, I would also block them from ever buying from you again. Theres to many good people to work with to worry about a few bad ones. I would suggest you give him one shot to fix the problem then terminate the conversation in your unpaid item dispute. This will get your listing fees back sooner.

whyzee
04-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I just had a similar situation with a harley. The guy doesn't ask any questions but hes a harley expert. He wins the auction for 10,300 and and then askes after the auction is over "is that a dent in the tank" right away I knew I was going to have problems with this guy. Anyway, he drives over 1000 miles to come pick it up. The kid who bought it loves it so his dad takes it for a ride and has no complaints but once he gets back he starts cutting on little flaws, chips in the paint, surface rust on a couple chrome pieces, stuff like that. Well, he then offers 10,000, I think he didn't figure his fuel cost right and didn't have funds to get home or something and was trying to make up for it by making me offers. I actually accepted his offer after some counter offers because he did drive so far and wanted to help him out. Him and his son go and talk in private and the father comes back and says they are going to pass so I said fine. He leaves negative as soon as he gets home so I counter with the same move and report an unpaid item.

For about a week he makes offers like 7000 and I deliver it so I say ok, I will deliver it to you for 7000 plus my expenses of 4000.

The kicker is, as soon as he passed and left, I made 3 phone calls and sold the bike to another couple before he even got out of Michigan for the same price.

Just report your unpaid item and be done with that person, I would also block them from ever buying from you again. Theres to many good people to work with to worry about a few bad ones. I would suggest you give him one shot to fix the problem then terminate the conversation in your unpaid item dispute. This will get your listing fees back sooner.

that is quite a story. good for you to not sell it to them. :beer

dividebyzero
04-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Oh on a side note this buyer also bought a pair of 350x decals off me in December...paid quickly and "said" he never received them...I had delivery confirmation showing delivery!!! which I provided to him. He kept bugging me about not receiving them and admitted his carriers mix up deliveries in his neighborhood.
Bill,i'm going through that right now!Although it's not thru ebay,but EXACTLY the same deal!Sent to the wrong place,neighborhood...etc.

Orangecnty250r
04-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I have heard nothing from him yet with emails and reporting to ebay an unpaid item...I now have his phone number :naughty: and I am now pretty pissed off :twisted:

dovesprings250R
04-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Road trip!!!!!!!!

GRAB-BAR BARRY
04-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Can You Post The User Id So Others Can Be Aware And Be Prepared If He Bids On One Of Our Auctions?

GRAB-BAR BARRY
04-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Oops I Read Over It , He Spends Lots Of Money On Ebay
What A Shame

Orangecnty250r
04-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Well he is still bidding on things....I figured since he buys the parts for the machines I have I will BUY just about everything he bids on and wants. Check out the bidders :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4628916811&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT