PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Item recieved different from one pictured.

slothminx
04-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Well, I have been waiting a few weeks for my silencer to arrive and it came this morning. I was excited so I got to work sanding and polishing it up to make it look good before checking if it would fit. Well.. you guessed it, it wouldnt fit. So I went nside to look at the auction and the Item I had recieved was a different one from the item in the picture.

I have sent the guy a message explaining this, but is there anything I can actually do about this if the guy doesnt want to help out?

Check out the comparison picture

Will

jsimonh
04-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Man that sucks! Could you contact ebay and file a complaint?

I don't know, but it looks like neither one of those would fit.

Yamahauler
04-13-2006, 09:49 AM
The one in the picture just like the Answer pipe for my Z. The one in your picture is definatly differant. If you ask for a refund he will probably only refund the ending auction price and you would have to eat the shipping costs. I would try to identify it and sell it listed correctly...I hate careless ebayers!!!!

slothminx
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
hmmm eating the shipping will be costly. Looks like ill have to stay with the stocker. :cry: It was $30 shipping (although it cost him $20) and the item was $20.

Im pissed to say the least. Im gonna try talking to the guy before I go through ebay. Id be willing to pay shipping to get the correct one I suppose as long as there was a refund on the orginal one. But if I cant get it swapped I need to know what the hell its from. Looks like its been mounted on a Z incorrectly as theres a place where its well dented where the frame has been hitting it.

Im just wondering where the original one from the picture has gone :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4620900565

wolfspider
04-13-2006, 01:13 PM
is it a dg from a z? it looks a bit like what i used to have on my z, but its tricky to tell from the picture *Edited* posted.
steve

nouseforaname90
04-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah.. it looks alot like a DG (From a different bike) without the "DG" symbol on the side. They are definately different pipes, though! Contact the guy and see what he will do for you..

phreakboy
04-13-2006, 02:40 PM
How did you pay? Credit card, or paypal, file a claim and get your cash back, then negotiate. One of the options when you file on paypal to get your cash back is because item was signifigantly different from what you bid on. I would give them a day to respond and then take the action.

slothminx
04-13-2006, 03:06 PM
It is an answer silencer, had the answer sticker. I do not know what its from.

I paid through paypal. I really dont want to cause trouble :(. Ive gone without negatives so id like to do it just talking to the guy. Ill give him a day or two. And ill email my comparison picture.

The DG sign is riveted on, and there no evidence of it.

hrc85250r
04-14-2006, 12:21 PM
thats an answer silencer for a quadracer. the bends go the opposite way they would for a z.