PDA

View Full Version : i have to put my dog to sleep

yamahaman89
04-13-2006, 04:03 PM
today at four i have to put my rotty down. shes 10 yrs old and has diabeties and is totally blind. she wont stop wetting all over and wont get up for more than a one minute or so. Its going to be real different with out her

Rm250RF900R
04-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Thats always a rough time.

nouseforaname90
04-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Yup. That always sucks. If my dog doesn't die soon, we are going to have to put her down because she is pretty bad too. They got her when I was born, so I've been around her all my life and its definately going to be weird without her.

mcgyver331
04-13-2006, 06:33 PM
I recently had to put down my 9.5 yr old akita. We have been through many things together, Moving around the US, different relationships, hard times and good times. when I saw her starting to show little tumors under her belly I brought her to the vet, he said she has a tumor in each breast and at her age we should not take her whole chest out. I tried to tend to the tumors for the next few months and she finally had one expose through ther skin and burst. I tried everything and eventually broke down and had her put down.

I feel your pain.

P.S. take all the dogs stuff and put it somewhere out of sight before you go to do it. comming home after and having to do that later is heart wrenching.

all the best.

85hondaatc125m
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
today at four i have to put my rotty down. shes 10 yrs old and has diabeties and is totally blind. she wont stop wetting all over and wont get up for more than a one minute or so. Its going to be real different with out her
Be happy thought, being blind and diabetic she is suffering some what, but then you think to yourself, would you rather go through a long, suffering death, not knowing when you are going to go, or go nice and silently. < I dont mean to sound mean or rude there, just trying to compare it to something easily. And I feel bad for you, and the dog.

BigP433
04-13-2006, 07:23 PM
i just had to put mine down too last week. she was gonna be 16yrs in june.. she was blind, diabetic, deaf, and her back leg was paralized.. it really sucked havin to be the one to end it. best of luck

Rm250RF900R
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Well hows this for ya. Some girl just came up on my private road. Ran over my dog, and ran from the scene. ******* nice huh?

Chrisbroeders
04-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Ok.. try this. One day last summer i was workin on my fourwheeler in my garage and my dog toby.. he was a husky was running around outside and got smoked on my road by this guy that lives a few miles down. didnt even stop. all i heard was a big thud and the sound of his chevy chevvette... well needless to say my best dog Ive ever had was dead but i had a feeling so was his car because there was a antifreeze trail all the way down the road and there was plastic everywhere.. the thing that really pisses me off is that i went to talk to him and he told me right to my face that he could of avoided it and instead he sped up.. i about killed him

Mosh
04-14-2006, 09:08 AM
I feel for ya. I have an 11yr old rott, best dog i ever had. She too is blind in one eye, and her hips are smoked. I think i will be forced to do the same here soon. When the poor old thing gets up she usualy yelps pretty bad. She is like a member of the family but i do not want her to suffer.

SPD FRK
04-14-2006, 12:01 PM
he told me right to my face that he could of avoided it and instead he sped up.. i about killed him
I would burn his car right in his driveway.

Chrisbroeders
04-14-2006, 12:10 PM
well.. i think that his car was toast anyways because there was a puddle of oil and antifreeze twice as big as the car on the ground. so he probably would have laughed if i pulled out my zippo and a can of gas and light that piece up

Russell 350X
04-15-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost a couple dogs to and it sucks, they are family in my house, when they go everyone hates it.