PDA

View Full Version : out for another 6-8 weeks

YAMAHA_Jim
04-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Friday morning a dump truck tailgate got me.:eek: I was taking it off the truck(the truck i had at TF last year) and it somehow fell off before i had a hold of it.It crushed my fingers between the gate and the end of the truckbed on its way down to the ground. The bone in the tip of my middle finger is crushed(3-4 pieces) and I got a few stitches to hold it all together. Most likely the fingernail is history too. Right now I dont even feel a finger there anymore.
Anyways,,,all have fun at Trikefest and tear up some trails for me. I need to be locked up in a rubber room so I cant harm myself anymore :)

Kintore
04-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Sorry to hear that Jim, I want ya to be at TF!
But you gotta do what ya gotta do, good luck with your hand. And for petes sake, you need a rubber room, every time I look its I hurt this lol I hurt that!

Be careful man!

ScottZJ
04-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey Jim, bring it on to trikefest anyway. I am sure I will have a utility trike for you to putt around on. Heck you can hang with willie and putt around and get drunk HAHAHA.

Wickedfinger
04-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!. Cripes.

ATC crazy
04-15-2006, 08:08 PM
That sucks Jim... I hope you get better soon!

You can ride like that....A week after I fractured my skull and got 120 stitches, I was out riding like nothing happened :lol:

deathman53
04-15-2006, 09:53 PM
atleast you didn't break both legs and other stuff like I did when I got hit by a car. I am still recovering am will be back riding in probably 1-2 months.

MIK6
04-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Jim... you won't need a finger to ride my Scat Tracker. The P3 is yours if you want an auto, or just take the Prairie. TF would miss you if you are not there.

HOPE YOU HEAL QUICK
MIK6 / Mike

Rm250RF900R
04-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Ouch! I hope it heals quick for you.

Lomax
04-17-2006, 10:26 AM
ouch, a buddy of mine just did something real similar. He pulled all the skin/meat off of his throttle thumb on the end. Nothing but bone. Hate to see it man but you should still make it to haspin, I'll set around and drink beer with ya all day lol...
-Will

bigredhead
04-17-2006, 10:39 AM
ouch.. that sucks man... i bet it hurt.. but only for a few seconds !! lol....

I hate crushing fingers..... my worst was years ago trying to clamp a bolt with vice grips and the sucker slipped and clamped on my thumb.. and LOCKED ON !!!... lost a nail.. but it grew back ! hehe..

Billy Golightly
04-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Good Lord Jim, talk about accident prone lately! Do you think you'll ever have feeling in the tip of the finger again? My uncle had his pink finger slammed in a metal door jam a few years ago and the end of it flattened out like a gasket scraper. The doctors kinda stitched and formed it back into a half assed normal shape but he doesnt have hardley any movement and no feeling in it.

03 ORANGE SHEE
04-17-2006, 03:22 PM
damn, no more middle finger in traffic:lol:

YAMAHA_Jim
04-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I still have some feeling around the tip but nothing around the stitches.I cant feel hot or cold on the tip.The parts in the finger that sense pain are working good.It still looks pretty bad,,I know the stitches will come out and the bone will heal,,I'm worried about losing my fingernail permanently.Right now it looks like it is being held on with dried blood.
This accident did not cancel my Trikefest plans.I made the decision to stay home awhile back. I've pretty much lost the spark that kept me riding/racing/wrenching so I'm taking a break from it,maybe for good,maybe not.????

Billy Golightly
04-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Gonna miss the TV crews this year Jim :( MX competition will be hot I'm sure.

smokinwrench
04-18-2006, 07:57 AM
I've pretty much lost the spark that kept me riding/racing/wrenching so I'm taking a break from it,maybe for good,maybe not.????

Dang Jim I have never heard of anyone being burnt out on having fun. I hope you get the urge to ride again.

That finger looks terrible. I bet everytime you reach in your pocket for the next 6 weeks you'll be very gentle.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-22-2006, 10:25 PM
updated pic

Chrisbroeders
04-23-2006, 09:42 AM
god damn boy.. dont roll over and die.. *Edited* gotta go to tf and have fun..*Edited* cant just give up

YAMAHA_Jim
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I do other things now that provide me with fun. Atv's are in the past.

smokinwrench
04-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I do other things now that provide me with fun. Atv's are in the past.

What new hobby did you find? Most people switch hobbies every few years. I have went from hunting/fishing, dirtbikes, circle track race cars, demo derbies, trikes/quads.

phreakboy
04-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Ouch bet that felt real good, hope you get better soon and get the trike urge back. Kinda reminds me of something incredibly stupid I did while working two years ago, we were unloaded skids of block with a skidsteer, they were way too heavy and kept picking up the ass end so I was standing on the back on top of the engine. Started to loose my balance and grabbed hold of the sides of the cab, mean while the operator was picking up the forks and smashed 6 of my fingers(3 per hand) inbetween the lift arms and the cab with about 3/8's of an inch clearance room. I lost 4 out of 6 nails but they did grow back eventually, was very painful and initially I had to drill my finger nails to let the blood out as the pressure was killing me. Squirted like a fountain when I drilled through. It was pretty hard to do much of anything especially put my hands in my pockets. But I learned my leason.:eek: