PDA

View Full Version : What A Zoo !!

als250
03-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Went to Badlands yesterday! People,quads,dirt bikes,Jeeps,trucks and 1 trike/all white 350x (besides the 2 we brought/200x & 250sx 8) ) EVERYWHERE !!! Had an excellent time, though! 5 of us all together (3 quads,2 trikes). No injuries in our group, but others weren't so lucky. Up at the "drag field?" Watched a kid on a 660r ride wheelie all the way across field, off the end, into 50' ravine with creek at bottom (have know idea what he was thinking!). Didn't see the tumble, but when we got to the edge, Raptor lay on it's side in the creek and the guy (soaking wet) trying to regain his bearings, uprighting the 660r and it started right up! He had pretty good cut on his back, but survived! In another area, right up by check-in,2 ambulances w/ lights going sittng there with a bunch of guys and dirtbikes around. One ambulance left s-l-o-w-l-y with lights still on. Don't know any more about that.
For anyone who's been there, there's 2 culverts (about 6' diam.),usually alittle water in them, you can actually drive in one end and go to the other. At the other end is a pool (about 20' round?, 4 to 5' deep!). When we drove over top, we could only see top of quad, bobbing in the water, with a guy trying to drag it to edge. (Bummer) Came back by couple hours later, watched one Jeep pulling another Jeep out of same pool! :D
Got to watch some crazy mo-fo's cutting there own trails up the side of this steep-trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro hill it was awesome! One path went right between 2 trees at the very top (just wide enough to fit in between)! These guys were good! Their trailer said "Up Yours- Hill Climbing Team" on it. (Never have camera with at right time)
We had GREAT time!! Felt good to ride in a t-shirt again! Almost 70 degrees! Here's a couple pics!

Ride on, Al

jeswinehart
03-22-2003, 12:06 AM
now joel will say different but i like to watch the other folks doing there thing at places like bad lands + it sure sounds like i missed a good one last weekend ! yeah, like the crowds
the mrs. and i where there once last year right after labor day 02

and for the most part the place was deserted,,, it just wasn't right.
nice pics als250,,, reminds me of what i am missing down there !~@#

whats the next time you are riding there ???

john

Howdy
03-22-2003, 03:10 AM
That sounded like fun. Too bad I was sick. lol
Let me know when your going. The kids have been asking to go for a long time.
Howdy

P.S. Anthony wants to see/ride with John again. He has a fan club . ;)

als250
03-22-2003, 03:15 AM
John, last weekend in Mar. / first weekend in Apr. sound familiar? Last I heard from you. We were planning on going back whatever weekend you guys were going. It's only 1 1/2 hr. trip, give or take, for us ( that's going= hyped, fresh, ready to ride! Coming home takes alittle longer= tired, beat, not in a hurry!) Our schedules are pretty flexible. Let me know! Always ready to ride " BADLANDS!!! " :twisted:

btw- My buddy Kelly got '00 300ex :evil: (that's it in the back of (his) truck), but another buddy of ours bought his '86 200x, so would be the three of us coming.
Let's do this !!!

Al

Here's more pics- 1st is weather cond. when we left for Attica Sun. morn. 2nd and 3rd is how we haul 2 trikes and a GOLFCARTlmao

als250
03-22-2003, 03:36 AM
Hey Howdy! Ya snuck in there while I was posting (takes me awhile :? ) That would be great! The more the merrier! Can you make it either of those weekends? (I think Sat. or Sun. either one will work for us) Let's set something up!

Al

ATCkrazy
03-22-2003, 08:17 AM
hey als250, you know alot about honda 250's I had a Question, my buddie is geting a yamaha Moto-4 200 today(the old non-suspension quad) he's says it's beat my 250SX in a drag race, I told him no way but he's dead serious, I told we'd race today when he gets it home, so what do you think will win, stock SX in good running condition, or the moto-4?? I'l let ya all know tonight.

als250
03-22-2003, 02:33 PM
@ ATCkrazy- don't know anything about moto-4. Being older "quad" I would think weight shouldn't be a factor. You have the bigger motor (and the "HONDA"),so my money is on sx! Don't disappoint us,ride hard and win!!! (watch that 1st gear holeshot,you'll end up on your arse) LMAO
Let us know how it turns out!

Al

ATCkrazy
03-22-2003, 10:19 PM
well we havent raced yet, we got it home at 5:00pm and got it running, been siting for 1 1/2, all we did was drain the gas/oil refill em and it fired up on the 8th pull, it has a very light front end, has no suspension also, we didnt race drag style yet(tomarow) but mine did beat it's ass in the woods trial rideing, very hard to keep up with a suspended trike on anything non-suspension, really hurts he said(lol) I'l let ya know tommrow.