PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first Ticket

MG200x
04-16-2006, 08:18 AM
What's up guys, Just got my first ticket on saturday. This is how the story went..Me, My brother and my friend all where getting ready to leave for a nice roast around the trails, when another friend of ours pulled up showing off his new Yamaha Raptor. So we waved on and he left, 20min later we where just about ready to leave when my friend told me to stop for a second because he heard sirens. We all figured it was nothing and decided to depart his house and head towards the trails. As you know it just as we turned the corner at our friends dead end street, a cop heading towards us....so we turn around and pull back into my friends drive way. The cop gets out of her car and comes towards us asking for our age and who owns which trike. next thing you know another cop comes around the corner yelling off of his ass. Telling us if we don't tell him who the guy on the raptor was we're all going to jail. (which I totally knew we wernt) he just wanted to scare us into telling him who the kid was. But at the end a total of 3 cruisers and 4 cops came up. and we all ended up with 93 dollar tickets for a stupid act one kid decided to do with a quad. But on the other hand we figured cops wouldn't stop us from triking so we ended the night off with a nice ride around the woods.

85hondaatc125m
04-16-2006, 10:42 AM
How come they ticketed you guys, what did you do wrong there, you werent ridin the quad? What are you going to do with the ticket now, laminate it and hang it on the wall :lol:

NewOldSchool
04-16-2006, 12:07 PM
dude the cops around here are bein hard asses too. The "good" people of the community signed a petition to get all us "kids" off the street. ive got a story similar to yours; My buddies and i were headin to a trail all a sudden my friend on his blaster decides to start hauling ass. he goin bout 70 down the middle of the street a cop comes around the corner. me and the 2 other guys with me start slowin down(oh *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*) he got impounded and has to go tot court(ha ha) we didn't get impouded but had to pay fines for :no registration,licence,lights,and on and on. it came out to about 300$. You got off easy! lets get a org. together and try to get 3 wheelers (and 4 wheelers) street legal!:banned:

MG200x
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah, lol that's what I'm planning on doing. frame it and put it on the wall. Love the way the Cop wrote 1984 honda 200x ATV on the ticket. Hey trimoto do you lvin in CT or around there??

Tri-ZNate
04-16-2006, 07:05 PM
nice I almost got caught a month ago. I was commin out of one of our fields and the house was only .5 miles away so i just got on the hard road and started going. We'll I rounded the knoll in the road and boom there is a STATIE in my drive way, so I quick start droppin gears and bounce into the field next to me and just start going real easy through the field in the opposite direction :lol:. I get below the knoll and just start hammering it toward my grandma's and quick store it and have my mom take me home. Turns out the dude was inside our neighbor's house.

Chevy200s
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
yeah sometimes cops can be jerks, sometimes theyre not. I got a story thats kinda funny about the cops and atvs. Last year me and a few friends were riding this long trail were the train tracks in town used to be. They took the tracks out a few years ago, so now there is just a bunch of gravel there until you go about 10 miles down the trail, then the tracks are there and still in limited use. We dont ride that far down though.

Anyways, we were comming back from a riding spot, and we had to cross a road to get to the other side of the trail, again no train tracks anywhere around here. As we come up to the intersection, a cop stops right in front of it. Instead of running, we all stop figuring it was the right thing to do. The cop gets out and starts yelling at us, saying that each one of us will get our bikes impounded, have to pay fees, and it could be 300 or more for each of us. Then he tries telling us he is actually doign it for us, because there are trains on the tracks and if we hit one it would be a terrible thing. Well he goes on about that for a few minutes, and when hes all done my cousin is like "hey officer I have a question" and sounding kinda smart and Im thinkin oh boy here we go. He says, "how do the trains get across the road if THERE ARE NO TRAIN TRACKS?" lol, the officer kinda looked at him for a minute, scratched his head, then just said "get the hell out of here kids" and got back in his car and left. needless to say, we learned our lesson, we dont ride there anymore. lol, anyways I thought it was funny, sorry it ended up being such a long post

MG200x
04-18-2006, 11:58 AM
lmfao!, oh man that was a great story. cop was stumped and had nothing to say lol.

I was wondering if i should pay the 93 dollar ticket, or plead not guilty on the slip and mail it off. I mean we really wernt doing anything wrong just got cought in the middle of some other kid's pursuit from the cops. Barely left my friends property, he lives on a dead end too, it's not like we where doing somthing dangerous.

atctim
04-18-2006, 12:16 PM
We all figured it was nothing and decided to depart his house and head towards the trails. As you know it just as we turned the corner at our friends dead end street, a cop heading towards us....so we turn around and pull back into my friends drive way.

Sounds like you were on the road. This implies guilt - just pay the ticket and be done with it!

250r'en +TCB
04-18-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't know how it works in your state but in mine you can only legaly travel 200ft down the road...... What exactly was the charge??? What makes you guilty of anything??

redneck_09
04-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I got pulled over comming up main street on my big red. The cop asked my age and told me i need a license and a helmet then told me to go home. I was comming back from a food plot though. He was pretty easy going I guess cause I live in a small town.

MG200x
04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
I got a ticket for driving on a "Public Highway". Seems kind of stupid though, it's not like we where driving on a busy road, it was a friggin dead end street. Don't see how I could have caused an accident. The cop was mad because of the other quader not stopping for him and running threw red lights, so he basically took it out on us. I don't know, I know that 93dollars isn't alot, but it's either pay for the ticket or buy my self a rear fender, what option would you guys take? lol.

MichiganRedneck
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
man, i didnt get a ticket but it was a close call. i was idling down our private drive to go to my neighbors house. he wasnt home so i went back to my house. i waited like 20 minutes and went back to see if he was home yet. he was. he needed to go to murrays auto so i jumped into his pickup with him. we turned out of his driveway and guess who was coming up the road towards us, a sherrif. i about shat myself right there. good thing i left my trike at my neighbors house. :eek:

NewOldSchool
04-29-2006, 11:48 PM
same thing happened to me yesterday! I was over there ridin my rigginpoppin after fixxin my chain and i get home this damn constable is goin real slow by my house WTF? These bastards is makin my crazy!!!!!!I live over 'round corpus christi,tx:naughty:

Bryan Raffa
04-29-2006, 11:56 PM
bad boys bad boys watcha gonna do watcha gonna do when they come for you!

NewOldSchool
04-29-2006, 11:57 PM
i'll bleepin run!!!!