PDA

View Full Version : ebay help

crd00
04-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I need to ask a few questions about ebay

1) when placing a bid and you win the bid do you HAVE to buy it and what if you dont want it anymore?

2)When making a username do you have to pay to make one?

3)When you want to buy an object can you use c.o.d and money order or do you HAVE to use your credit card?

Im new at this as you can see and if you have any other details about ebay it would be greatly appreciated

85hondaatc125m
04-17-2006, 07:08 PM
I dont know anything about ebay either, so if you dont mind I would also like to throw a question in, whats is pay-pal and how does it work?

Teeksoffroad
04-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I can answer a few of your questions. You do not need to pay for a user name. You don't need a credit card to pay for your item. The seller usually says in the ad how they want to get paid, MO, check or cash on pick up. About you first question though. Why would you bid on something if you don't want it ??? That is the most frustrating thing about selling. If you bid and don't pay the seller still has to pay eBay their listing fee so you screw a guy out of money because you are just hacking around. At least send the guy money for his fees.

82300R
04-17-2006, 09:54 PM
if you bid and win,PAY,regardless if you change your mind about wanting it. if you sell and don't get the amount you wanted for it ,send it to the buyer. put a reserve on it if you want a certain amount.

crd00
04-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Ok thanks for all your help I really appreciate it, I'm going to make a username on ebay right now:w00t:

ClayW
04-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah, Dont BID unless you intend on paying. If you do, you WILL get kicked off ebay eventually and Piss off quite a few sellers.

Clay

Fox250R
04-23-2006, 04:42 AM
IF the buyer doesnt pay up ebay will refund your money and go after the other guy right??

Teeksoffroad
04-23-2006, 07:58 AM
No. Ebay doesn't care about you. They want their money. They will let you list the item again at no insertion fee.

BigGreenMachine
04-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Chris, if you bid on something and win you have to buy it.
The seller dictates how he wants to be paid, contact the seller and ask for C.O.D. and he might do it for you.
Don't be afraid to send a money order in the mail, and PayPal is the way to go on ebay. It allows quick SECURE payments and is so easy to use. No one can get your card number from your PayPal account.