PDA

View Full Version : I got ripped a bit.

Huffa
04-23-2006, 05:35 PM
I won a ATC 90 pipe on ebay and the guy stated............ " Looks like someone patched it previously and that part is solid. Curved heat shield can be cleaned up and made to look real good. Dent in cannister section, head pipe is solid."

Well I received it and took the header sheild off and find out the header is at least 60% creased shut so I write back and state ...........

Hi There
The pipe you sent me is NOT satisfactory header wise. You never bothered to take the header sheild off and it is flattened way too much to even use. In the picture I assumed it was just the sheild and figured you would have check it. The header must be fixed proper to get full performance from that pipe. The flatten sheild should have gave you some sort of clue that the header pipe itself might be flattened. I will more then gladly send you a picture to satisfy your curiosity on the matter. I'd appreciate $15 back on the deal and even that won't cover the cost of repairing it back to normal. I ceratinly don't want to give you negative feedback and hope you understand my situation. This pipe isn't even for me and I can't possibly give it to the guy in this condition. Again, hope you understand and I will be waiting for your reply. Thanks. ~Gary

.........and he comes back with a ...........

Gary,
First of all YOU should have asked questions while the auction was running and if you noticed something you could have asked. "Used items are described to the best of my ability" and I state that in the auction terms.
I am as honest as they come. My pictures are not blurry and clearly there is a dent in the shield in the pictures. If you aren't happy send it back for a refund of your money (less shipping charges) but don't threaten me with negative feedback until you hear what I am willing to do for you. Maybe I should have stated more clearly that used items are "as-is" and "no refunds will be given" like all the other people do.

That's my offer. Just let me know what you decide to do.

Dan

I don't agree what so ever and this is where I am at now, I sent him this just minutes ago...........

I was nice to you, real nice I thought. I didn't threaten you and said I DID NOT want to give negative feedback if we can work something out. YOU STATED "Dent in cannister section, head pipe is solid"

I didn't ask you about headpipe because you said it was SOLID and that to me means it is useable. Hey, I understood it was and is a mistake that you did not mean to do but never the less you should have taken the sheild off to farther inspect it. All I want is 15 bucks back. It's going to take some time to knock that out.

Again, I had no need to ask questions as you had stated clearly that the HEADPIPE was SOLID !!!

I don't feel you needed to state it is in "as is condition", just inspect the thing a bit better. It took me a lousy 3 minutes to take the screws off and see that the headpipe is crushed beyond 60% easily.

You also stated something like "Blast it, paint it and put it on your bike and ride" which leads me to believe everything is fine so I naturally didn't have any questions to ask you!!!!

I can see the dent in the sheild, DUH. It's the headpipe that effects the performance, not the sheild!

Sorry, I'm not going to send it back and lose a dime, you send me $15 and under the circumstances I can't understand why you don't think that's being fair??? If I send it back you have to fix it anyway, right???

Hope you understand or the negative feedback is coming your way!

~Gary

So that's where I'm at. Would you have handled it any different?

chris200x
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I really hate ebay,, I've dealt with all kinds of idiots on there... sorry to hear about your sour dealings there gary.. But I forsee a negative feedback for you as well. "An eye for an eye" if you leave him bad feedback.

Huffa
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Well John, your 2 cents stinks, but I accept it!

Now how do you arrive at me getting my $$ back when he won't pay the shipping ?????????

I would be losing a total of $30 , which is what I paid for the thing.

Your as bad as he is!

Why in the world would I not write back the 2nd time and defend myself when it's not my mistake?

I'd never sell an item like that without inspecting it a bit farther.

Huffa
04-23-2006, 07:15 PM
I really hate ebay,, I've dealt with all kinds of idiots on there... sorry to hear about your sour dealings there gary.. But I forsee a negative feedback for you as well. "An eye for an eye" if you leave him bad feedback.

Well we will just see what he says to my second reply. If it was me being the seller, I'd glady give back a lousy 15 dollars to make the guy happy.

Like said, it took me 3 minutes to see that it was dented beyond being useable.

he clearly didn't want to take the "time" (my god, 3 minutes :eek: ) to inspect it just a bit farther.

Why should it be an eye for an eye? What the hell did I do?

200xman
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Ebay has gotten pretty pathetic lately. You just have to take some lumps sometimes. I sold a couple of new oldschool parts a while back and 1 guy was hassling me about a couple of scratches on a 20+ year old part. It's hot or miss and I think it all evens out.

Huffa
04-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Here, do you see a dent in the header pipe? I sure don't! All that I see is the sheild sligtly dented from that angle.

He definitly took a shot of the better side.

http://www.re-mx.com/images/forsale/js/exhaust.jpg

I see where this guy was coming from. If he would have posted pictures like these you think anyone would have bid on it? If so, it would'nt have gone too high!

200xman
04-23-2006, 07:54 PM
No offense Huffa but I would have thought that the head pipe was dented from that auction picture. There is a reason that you got a rare part for$30

Huffa
04-23-2006, 08:22 PM
No offense Huffa but I would have thought that the head pipe was dented from that auction picture. There is a reason that you got a rare part for$30

No offense taken.

I would have thought that too and actually did assume a small dent from the impact but a 60% CREASE in the thing is barley allowing any exhaust to excape and when he worded the head pipe as being solid that sure sounds to me like no problems. I'm sure too that he was unaware that it had such a crease and that's my main point. I have no problem with the deal, just give me 50% back for the effort I have to put into taking the dent out.

I'll say one thing, bet it had good back pressure.

Huffa
04-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Well your welcome Huffa. I come across one of those I will keep you in mind.

john

Well thanks John, but I won't need one as I'll be fixing this one and also painting it for the guy at no charge.

Now see what a nice guy I can be! :lol:

I hardly know the guy and am doing that all for nothing! I should have waited for another one to come along I guess but they are quite hard to come by.

I had a bite on 2 of them thru 3WW members and then they never came thru?

Huffa
04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Wait a minute, what am I saying, I HAVE 2 beauties but he doesn't want to pay a 100 bucks for this stocker. It will be darn hard to find one this nice again!

You guys think that is too much for such a rare pipe with it being so nice too?

How about the Super Trapp job? 125 too much? I mean where are you going to find another one?

I never saw one till now but it's not like I look every day on ebay either.

They aer both in very respectable shape! The stocker just has basically dirt on it yet with original paint and the ST has lite rust here and there.

I bought the rusted peice of crap (well, right now it is) before I came upon this parts deal.

holmstrom
04-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Well John, your 2 cents stinks!

Now how do you arrive at me getting my $$ back when he won't pay the shipping ?????????

I would be losing a total of $30 , which is what I paid for the thing.

Your as bad as he is!

Why in the world would I not write back the 2nd time and defend myself when it's not my mistake?

What, are you freinds with the guy or what? What a jerk you are!

I'd never sell an item like that without inspecting it a bit farther.
Why ask for an opinion and then get mad when you dont like it? I've found most sellers on ebay hold feedback hostage until you leave it for them. So i dont think theres anyway around not getting negative left for you. Just leave a follow up on how you feel he did you wrong.

Huffa
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Why ask for an opinion and then get mad when you dont like it? I've found most sellers on ebay hold feedback hostage until you leave it for them. So i dont think theres anyway around not getting negative left for you. Just leave a follow up on how you feel he did you wrong.

Your right and I must give an apology! Sorry about that John :( I'll correct it too. Not the 2 cents stinks though as thats my honest opinion :lol:

I really don't care if I get a negative but I certainly don't deserve one. I'm super honest when I sell things and I guess that's why I get so upset.

Tell me the guy didn't wonder himself what was behind that shield? I think he hoped that who ever bought it would just slap it on and one would never really know then. Guess from now on I have to ask every little stinkin detail! :(

82300R
04-23-2006, 09:28 PM
i have bought lots of things on e bay that had buttered up descriptions. the way i see it is your taking a gamble buying 25 year old used parts.(not you literaly) i can accept that, on used parts .not new. i have never left a negative in those situations. i'll leave a generic one or none at all and call it even. what i do have a problem with is a seller who will list something, let the auction end, send me a invoice, i pay immediately then never even make a effort to send it or have an explanation on why it was never sent. that only happened once and it was with a pretty boy 3ww member. the way i see it thats the way it is when your dealing with joe blows.:) :)

Teeksoffroad
04-23-2006, 09:29 PM
You have to check the feedback on these guy's. If they have over 3 neg, even if the rating is 1,000 I stay away unless I really need it. I also check out if they leave as much feedback as they get. That tells a lot about a person. I messed up last year. I bought 3 Honda Odyssey's for parts. I sold them on eBay along with a box of extra wheels. The guy I got them from said they were complete wheels but were only halves. It was my fault I didn't check. When the guy in CA got them he wasn't pleased. He sent me an email and I sent him out a money order the next day for his bid plus shipping and told him to keep the wheel's. I ate $56 plus fees but I didn't want to get a neg. He gave me a pos when he got his money order.

holmstrom
04-23-2006, 09:29 PM
maybe you could file an item not as described complaint with ebay. Maybe file a complaint with paypal if you used them.

Huffa
04-24-2006, 05:13 AM
I don't want to jump on any complaints too soon and for $15 don't think it is worth it either, so I'll wait and see if he gives me $15 back. That's all I'm asking.

Huffa
04-24-2006, 05:16 AM
i have bought lots of things on e bay that had buttered up descriptions. the way i see it is your taking a gamble buying 25 year old used parts.(not you literaly) i can accept that, on used parts .not new. i have never left a negative in those situations. i'll leave a generic one or none at all and call it even. what i do have a problem with is a seller who will list something, let the auction end, send me a invoice, i pay immediately then never even make a effort to send it or have an explanation on why it was never sent. that only happened once and it was with a pretty boy 3ww member. the way i see it thats the way it is when your dealing with joe blows.:) :)

I don't see it as a gamble at all if the seller is totaly honest with the item.

Huffa
04-24-2006, 05:17 AM
You have to check the feedback on these guy's. If they have over 3 neg, even if the rating is 1,000 I stay away unless I really need it. I also check out if they leave as much feedback as they get. That tells a lot about a person. I messed up last year. I bought 3 Honda Odyssey's for parts. I sold them on eBay along with a box of extra wheels. The guy I got them from said they were complete wheels but were only halves. It was my fault I didn't check. When the guy in CA got them he wasn't pleased. He sent me an email and I sent him out a money order the next day for his bid plus shipping and told him to keep the wheel's. I ate $56 plus fees but I didn't want to get a neg. He gave me a pos when he got his money order.

Man, 3 out of a 1000 is a excellent batting average to me ?

Teeksoffroad
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah, if it's baseball but your talking eBay and that's 3 guy's that got ripped off. 1 or even 2 could be wrong but never 3 in my eBay experience.

wanta250r
04-25-2006, 12:47 AM
he worded the head pipe as being solid

Wait, aren't exhaust pipes supposed to be hollow?:lol: J/K

Huffa
04-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Wait, aren't exhaust pipes supposed to be hollow?:lol: J/K

Your a wise guy just like me, I like that ! :lol: