PDA

View Full Version : Durhamtown Plantation In trouble

Billy Golightly
04-24-2006, 11:46 PM
This is a newsletter I just got from a place up in GA I've been wanting to go ride at for a long time, but never had the oppertunity. It sounds like they are having to go through the same stuff as me right now but on a much larger scale:

NOTICE TO ALL RIDERS OF DURHAMTOWN PLANTATION

Durhamtown is under attack by the government/individuals/media to be closed because of the number of injuries/deaths that have occurred here

Rumors were started that there have been more than 25 deaths in 2 years and untold injuries

With this initial rumor it was reported to WAGA Channel 5 I-Team Investigation in Atlanta, with Dale Russell being the primary reporter. Dale Russell, Investigative Reporter, dale.russell@foxtv.com

This is very untrue.... investigations outside of DP claim that there have been 8 related deaths in 4.5 yrs of operation. Our records indicate 7 deaths with over 2,000,000 hours of riding at DP.

It was also rumored that we (DP) restricted emergency helicopters from landing and we refuse to call ambulances to injured riders……again untrue.

FOX 5 along with the GBI have interviewed over 200 people who have ridden at DP. Dale Russell I-Team WAGA interviewed me last Saturday. He questioned me about many untrue statements, which I corrected on camera. As well as discussing many true statements.

I was told that Durhamtown was being shut down by Greene County along with criminal charges potentially being sought against me for involuntary manslaughter and other criminal charges by the GBI. Greene County wants DP closed due to the injures and accidents ASAP. They are trying to use zoning and permits to get this done if possible as a 1st attempt and 2nd thru criminal actions

They are seeking a Temporary Restraining Order this Friday to close until a hearing is held to determine the future of DP and other riding areas similar to DP. They stated they would not stop here; they want to stop any future DP type operations. If they can create enough cost and fear many will close and more will chose not to open in the future in fear of charges and restrictions.

Dp was questioned again today by FOX 5 about what are we doing wrong from other facilities. I reversed the question to Dale Russell and he could not answer it. I feel that DP has exercises more safety through enforced rules and regulations of our everyday operations.

FOX 5 does not have all the correct statistics to do a proper comparison yet and this is where we need help your help. Anyone having any statistics from other sports & injuries please forward them to David Wade at peelskid@gmail.com. We are trying to gather as many statistics as possible. Please only forward statistic to David. Continue to provide your comments, by either on the forums or to mikemc@durhamtown.com.

We are primarily a recreational facility with many families and beginners. As with any sport involving beginners or the not so advanced will prove to have higher injuries than a trained athlete.

Dp is a victim of success and is under attack.

HOW CAN YOU HELP??????

Any help that you may offer will be appreciated Many have already started by emailing WAGA, local/state/federal government agencies and many others to voice opinions and comments. Following is a list of email addresses that others have sent to us that they feel is and could be useful.

FOX 5

General Addresses
Assignment Desk, newstipsatlanta@foxtv.com
FOX 5 Feedback, feedback5@foxtv.com
FOX5 Human Resources Department, hratlanta@foxtv.com
I-Team, IteamAtlanta@foxtv.com

On Air Talent
Nicole Allshouse, Reporter, nicole.allshouse@foxtv.com
Portia Bruner, Reporter, portia.bruner@foxtv.com
Lisa Crane, News Anchor/Reporter, lisa.crane@foxtv.com
Morse Diggs, Reporter, morse.diggs@foxtv.com
Doug Evans, Reporter, doug.evans@foxtv.com
Tracy Flanagan, Reporter, tracy.flanagan@foxtv.com
Dana Fowle, Investigative Reporter, dana.fowle@foxtv.com
Aungelique Proctor, Reporter, aungelique.proctor@foxtv.com
Doug Richards, Reporter, doug.richards@foxtv.com
Dale Russell, Investigative Reporter, dale.russell@foxtv.com
Mark Teichner, Reporter, mark.teichner@foxtv.com
Tony Thomas, Reporter, tony.thomas@foxtv.com
Randy Travis, Investigative Reporter, randy.travis@foxtv.com
Paul Yates, Reporter, paul.yates@foxtv.com

Dale Russell is the I-Team reporter/investigator. But emails to the general manager and other reporters as well may help. I would let any and all of them know how we feel.

Here's a website you can contact ALL your elected officials, even the governor, President Bush, and FOX5.
www.congress.org/congressorg/home

Durhamtown appreciates your support!!!!

Thanks Mike