PDA

View Full Version : Kreem, Red-Kote

85hondaatc125m
04-25-2006, 10:13 AM
I have a plastic gas tank and I think I am going to paint the outside of it. Some people say no matter how much paint you put on the tank, the paint will wear off from the gas inside. I was wondering, if I put Kreem or Red-Kote inside of the tank and made sure it was completely layered on, would this help to make the paint to not come off. And this kreem and Red Kote, do they come in liquid then turn to solid? how do you get it to turn to a solid? Thanks

ScottZJ
04-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes if you put one of those inside the plastic tank, it will enable you to paint it without the gas effecting it. Personally I feel that the redcote is the easiest and best to use. Just take your time and do exactly what the directions state.

85hondaatc125m
04-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Thank ya Scott, and 2 more questions, does come in liquid then turn to solid? how does it turn to a solid? Thanks, oh and it will work on a plastic tank?

ScottZJ
04-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Yes it is liquid form that changes solid with contact to air. It will work on the plastic tanks as I have seen it done before, but if you note that site it says doesnt do well with plastic tanks. I feel it does better than Kreme would. Here is a site that tells you all about it and how to install it.

http://www.usaimports.co.uk/FBO_Pages/red_kote.htm