PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal? 250sx

MN250R
04-26-2006, 12:34 AM
What do you guys think?

Good deal , are parts easly available?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6052803124&fromMakeTrack=true

ATCWRENCH
04-26-2006, 12:57 PM
I would offer him 2-300 dollars for it maybe even less.
1: the motor does not run, flywheel could very well be broke but the 250sx's of any year do not have a manual clutch so it cannot be popped, they have a semi-auto clutch.

2: has rusty pin holes in the tank. a good used one can be had for a decent price or you could get a plastic one from clarke or IMS.

3: plastics are usable but dont look worth a damn.

4: gauranteed it will need every bearing changed in it.

5: forks seals are probably toast and the fork oil is probably original form what ever year it was made.

6: and the brakes will probably have to be re-worked.

not trying to put your hopes down but from what they have described and what the pics show, it has seen a better day many years ago.

MN250R
04-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Ya it looks like it needs some work.
He did mention in his ad he had everything to fix it i guess. I will see when i talk to him on the phone, either way 650.00 is to much

max
04-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I would offer him 2-300 dollars for it maybe even less.
1: the motor does not run, flywheel could very well be broke but the 250sx's of any year do not have a manual clutch so it cannot be popped, they have a semi-auto clutch.

2: has rusty pin holes in the tank. a good used one can be had for a decent price or you could get a plastic one from clarke or IMS.

3: plastics are usable but dont look worth a damn.

4: gauranteed it will need every bearing changed in it.

5: forks seals are probably toast and the fork oil is probably original form what ever year it was made.

6: and the brakes will probably have to be re-worked.

not trying to put your hopes down but from what they have described and what the pics show, it has seen a better day many years ago.

Dude probably ment revving the piss out of it and shifting it into first!!!!