PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Mikey's250sx ( **Edited** )

88 Turbo Coupe
04-27-2006, 05:51 PM
This guy sold me his beat 300r engine and doesn't get back to me. I have his phone # but doesn't call me back. I need to send him somthing but don't have his address. Any help is not forgotten.

Louis Mielke
04-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Hey yeah I know mikey. That engine was gone through top to bottom. I know cause I brought it up from florida for him and it was pretty ugly before he got it.

He lives a good ways from me but I've never had any bad dealings with him. I don't know that I can find his address.

88 Turbo Coupe
04-27-2006, 07:50 PM
He did mention about it coming from FL when i picked it up. And that it was opened up by a shop where he lives and gone through. Just a little disappointed (to say it nicely). Really didnt make my day when i took the sater cover off and found the nut stripped and the flywheel off and coils broke. I don't even know if it runs. I got it on the bench now with the cases painted up. What sucks too is that the bottom center case thread is stripped. The stator cover thread is also stripped. I can do a heli coil there. But not splitting the cases to heli coil the center case thread.

Louis Mielke
04-27-2006, 09:41 PM
hmmm. Well thats not good to here. Well seriously he's always been honest and up front with all my dealings with him. Let me barrow his tri-moto for my g/f to ride for the day. Literally stopped at his house and grabbed the bike for the day no questions asked he just smiled and waved and said have a great time.

I'm sure whatever is going on with the engine is only coincidence. I saw that engine before he got into it and trust me it was nasty, the jug was barly hanging on (stock I might add not 300r) and it had moss growing on the cases. Ask lonesometriz, he had it originally when it was a stock 250r, I picked it up from him in florida and brought it up to mikey. Kinda sad to see the bike parted but I didn't have the money to buy it back from him after he finished with it. Trust me I would have.

The only thing I could say about mikey is he jumps from bike to bike quickly. Like he just doesn't know what he really wants. lol. Otherwise he's a good guy.

88 Turbo Coupe
04-28-2006, 06:01 AM
He said he was selling all his 3 wheelers, parts and moving on. At my expense. $500. for a beat engine, $35.00 for a carb, I might be a nasty engine but how long do you think it would last with the bottom case bolt missing. The mans a thief and should be brought to justice, and he will.

Louis Mielke
04-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Well sorry to hear it, but i would suggest you give him the best shadow of a doubt as you can. You wouldn't want someone starting a which hunt on you espeacially if perhaps you were sick or out of town or something like that.

As far as your loss, I know he got that 300 kit off smoeone on the board and it was good, and still should be good. Its worth almost as much as you paid in itself. Break the engine down and sell it on ebay. I know it sucks but you could still come out in the good if you play your cards right.

88 Turbo Coupe
04-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Cell phones still work if your out of town, sick or whatever. Can't return a call? I have a fresh 300cc cyl, head and piston. i know what it cost me. Now I have 2 and not 2 happy.

bigredhead
04-28-2006, 03:35 PM
if what you found is that bad.... i would consider opening it up again and checking into it deeper if you don't have more info about it...

that sucks...

TravEX
04-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Edit: Sorry, wrong Mike. None of my business, shoulda stayed out of it, hehe.

Travis