PDA

View Full Version : OK, this is new, 2nd chance offer after shill bidder backed out, what do I do?

thefox
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Ok, I bid on a Honda atc 110, my max was $123.53. In the last few minutes someone comes along and starts bidding me up, they end up wining at $125.00. Then a few minutes later I get a second chance offer, the seller said the high bidder already backed out. Now I check the buyer’s feedback and it seems that they bought 10 items from this seller before without a problem, sounds like a shill to me.

Now should I accept the 2nd chance offer and just pay my max bid since it is still a good deal or do I tell the guy I will only pay the $105 that I was up to before the suspected shill bidder came along? The other thing is I can't pick it up for 2 or 3 weeks so do I trust the guy now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7236462641&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

old honda dealr
04-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Since he now has no buyer. I would low ball him and tell him that you have a line on another since you got outbid. Serves his ass right for shill bidding.

dickieg89
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
that sure sounds like he had somebody he knew bidding on it driving the price up, i had the same thing happen to me on a 125, I got a 2nd chance offer like 10 minutes after the auction ended and a checked up on the bidder that "backed out" and he didn't have any negative feedback or anything left for him by the seller...just my 2 cents. I passed on the 2nd chance guy, he can eat it, I try to not deal with dirtbags

Bryan Raffa
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Ive had that happen a few times it really pisses me off,I usally tell them no thanks I can get one cheeper!

TimSr
04-29-2006, 11:23 PM
that sure sounds like he had somebody he knew bidding on it driving the price up, i had the same thing happen to me on a 125, I got a 2nd chance offer like 10 minutes after the auction ended and a checked up on the bidder that "backed out" and he didn't have any negative feedback or anything left for him by the seller...just my 2 cents. I passed on the 2nd chance guy, he can eat it, I try to not deal with dirtbags

Id do the same thing. No matter how sweet a deal smells, Id avoid it when I catch a hint of the stench of a crooked dealer.

rally4x4racer
05-17-2006, 07:59 PM
thats funny - i emailed the guy and said i wanted it - we went on and on and he was saying i could get it for a hundred bucks - his auction says 200$ shipping to southeast - then he emailed me back with a shipping quote of like 400$ said 500$ and he would send it out LMAO - i was like thanks dude - but i just bought one here in FL.

then here I am two days later and a 250r ( nice trike in MD) bids up to 1500 and doesnt meet reserve - the guy emailed me offering it to me for 1200$ shipped free to FL - can anyone else call BS on this one? he has good feedback - but this is too wack ( i bid 1200 on it)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4638735703&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT

he sent me a second chance thing to email - and wanted my address? WTF - I didnt get a second chance deal from EBAY on my EBAY account - yea imma give him my address.. .....ya right

OH - now the fag has it relisted - look at this crap hes trying to scam lots of ppl with it

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZskippy1999

dickieg89
05-17-2006, 08:15 PM
sounds crooked, just save your $ on that guy.

Louis Mielke
05-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Dude. Thats skippy here on the board. He's the straightest shooter you will ever find. I mean it! If he's wil lto let that go for 1200 I would jump on it like flys on stink!

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
05-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Darm stink seekin fly's!! LOL

skippy
05-17-2006, 10:57 PM
humm.. the 250r in maryland is mine.. and i didnt send any second chance offers, my reserve was ALOT higher.. so again someone is tryin to scam thru the second chance things on ebay.. REPORT IT! send the transcripts to ebay.. it was me..

i relisted it, after it didnt climb to what i wanted..

Orangecnty250r
05-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Phony second chance offers were created by scammers the same day ebay started allowing them....When I sold my 250r and the deal went through with the number one bidder, the second and third place people got phony 2nd chance offers...we only found out because one of them was a member of this board

rally4x4racer
05-18-2006, 12:30 PM
lmao - sorry skip! I had never see nthis done yet - yea I made up this story about Special Agent Robert McGhee and told the "emailer" I just sent his IP address and all the email stuff to the FBI's international fraud division ....

he STFU

- i figured it was phony because i didnt get the email in ebay... you would think these idiots would figure out how to email someone from inside ebay..

BTW Skipper - thats a killer Trike - I will give you 1200 for it anyday!:naughty: