PDA

View Full Version : Ebay advice needed

dividebyzero
05-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I sold a dirtbike part on ebay,a guy bought it and now says it's for another dirtbike.I'm not familar with what dirtbike parts fit other machines.I bought it off of ebay awhile back saying it was for one machine,so that's how i listed it.Feedback has already been posted from both of us.What do i do?I don't want to screw the guy,i didn't know it was for another bike.He's probably thinking i scammed him or something,i dunno.Should i tell him to send it back and refund his $,or tell him to bad.I never said anything about no refunds in the auction,just said it's used and sold as-is.I had 2 pics of it on there.

Howdy
05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Did the guy ask any questions while the auction was running? Did the pictures show the part real good?
Howdy

dividebyzero
05-05-2006, 12:35 PM
No,he didn't ask any questions,for the pics,i believe they are good,what do you think?

Howdy
05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
If he didn't ask any questions, then the part must look simular or the same as the one he needs. It's a tough call over all. I probably would have him sell it on ebay and then split the difference between what you sold it for originally and what he gets out of it. He may end up making money on it though.

I sold a item on ebay not long ago and when the guy got it he sends me a PM wanting me to refund part of the purchase price. He wanted this because I had neglected to tell that a part of the item was missing ( I still don't see or know what he is talking about ). He told me he did notice the missing part missing in the pictures, but he still wanted a cheaper price.
I told him I do not do partial refunds. Instead I was going to make a 1 time offer ( even though I do say in my listings all sales final ). I told him to return the item and I would refund the purchase price ( but not the shipping ). That was 3 weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything back. Which doesn't suprize me.
Howdy

dividebyzero
05-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks! I'll have to remember the next time to put all sales final in there.Yea,i guess some parts do look-a-like.
Like you said,tough call,that's why i wasn't sure what to do :wondering