PDA

View Full Version : Lost bank check problem NEED HELP

Meat-BoX
05-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I sent a Bank check for over a grand to a member here on 4/13/06 through the mail and he hasnt recieved it. I talked with my bank a few times and they say I have to wait 90 days to cancell it. Why do I have to wait any time to cancell my own money? Anyway Im pretty bothered by this because the post office doesnt know anything of where it is and it hasnt been cashed yet. If it does get cashed by anyone besides who I sent it too I will make sure they go to jail as hard as possible. Does anyone know what I can do besides wait 90 days. Im sure the person needs the money weeks ago as $1,200 is the difference between paying rent and living expences and getting behind on your bills. I didnt want to Air this but im worried that I might be labled a scammer or have my money stolen. I allso feel really bad that this person I sent it to is probably broke and needs this money bad.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive gone to the top brass at the bank and they cant help me they say. Ive been with them for 15 years and Im feeling like I may dump them and close my accounts because they cant cut me a break. Any ideas on how to get them to cancell this check so I can rewrite another and get this done?
Sorry for the lameness but this has bothered me for quite awile and can ruin my name on here and other sites.

farmerc
05-05-2006, 09:01 PM
I ain't ever heard of such a thing as not being able to cancell a check, sometime they may charge a small fee as my bank does useally only a dollar or two it's not much.Sounds like your bank maybe wachovia if there not nice people have friends that dealt with and it wasn't good.All well good luck with your problem and I hope to meet you at TF seeing that you are so close to me and that I'm new to this site again good luck

Mosh
05-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Maybe you have to wait the 90 days since it is a bank check vs a personal check. I have never heard of that either but i would let the seller know what is going on and hopefully it shows up. I have had to cancel a personal check before and they charged me $22.00 and i signed a paper....done. Hope it works out for you. When you sent it did you get delivery confirmation?

Meat-BoX
05-08-2006, 07:28 PM
No I was stupid and just sent it normal. Ive never sent a big check in the mail and it didnt even cross my mind. All I know is Ive ruined a Good internet friendship/connection and cant afford to cut another check and take the chance of the 1st one getting cashed or whatever scammers do. Because then I will have to pay a lawyer allso. By the end I would be out $4 grand for a $1,200 check because of my stupidity. Im going to the Bank tomorrow and im going to see what happens. I might try the old threaten to take my business elswhere routine but this bank has been the best for over 13 years and allways done right by me, untill now. Maybe some face time will help sway them instead of over the phone stuff.

ClayW
05-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I dont know how far I would go with the threats. They may take it the wrong way and say. *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* on him. Hes leaving anyway. Why should we help him.:beer

3 weelin geezer
05-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Did you ask why they won't let you stop payment on this? There may be different rules on bank checks where you live or for that particular bank. What else did they tell you to do? You didn't leave the check in your house mailbox with the little flag up did you? Theives are known to steal that mail because it usually is a bill payment and it contains a check they can wash for more. I take it to the p/o box around the corner just to be sure no matter what the amount is just to make sure. If someone does break in to that one you have the p/o backing you up investigating 'their' mail being stolen.

Billy Golightly
05-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Heres a thought.

Withdraw all the money from the account you wrote the check for. Make a new account, deposit all money. Write new check, from new account. If old check is cashed, nothing there to take from then. Good chance it'll bounce but atleast you wont be out the $$$

3 weelin geezer
05-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I dont think its that kind of check. Its more like a money order where you pay the bank and they make a check for that amount. It doesnt dip into the checking account. :postwhore Gotta try this little guy. He should say show pics on that sign instead.