PDA

View Full Version : It pays to ask..........

OldSchoolin86
05-06-2006, 06:38 PM
The wife and I have been looking at getting a DVR for our DirecTV system and the deals are great if you're an new customer, not so great if you're existing. So knowing that we already fulfilled our service agreement I called to see what they would do to keep us.

It took 2 transfers once I talked to someone but I ended up with a special order department. I asked the nice lady if our agreement was up and she confirmed it them she asked if we were leaving. We've had cable, the mother-in-law has dish network and we just like d-tv the best for our needs so we wern't planning on going anywhere but I still say, I'm not sure. I told her I wanted 2 DVRs for free with a new 2 yr agreement. She checks on it and offers us 2 DVRs for $49, $5 off our bill for 12 months, free Showtime for 6 months and free installation. Like I said, it pays to ask. :w00t:

dividebyzero
05-06-2006, 06:44 PM
We just recently changed our system.Got rid of the POS dish network and went back to cable.The dish guy was gonna give us a hell of a deal on the movie channels and stuff.We are getting alot more for less now.

Maine_Triker
05-06-2006, 09:01 PM
WOW... 2 DVR's for basically free... :w00t:

I'll remember to "ask" whenever I'm in a similar situation LOL

ATC crazy
05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
We just recently changed our system.Got rid of the POS dish network and went back to cable.The dish guy was gonna give us a hell of a deal on the movie channels and stuff.We are getting alot more for less now.

You hated satellite too? It seems that everyone I know hates dish's (dishes?). I dont know why...but we recently got digital cable (only for the cable internet though...but the package was cheaper) and I hate it. :mad: Dish Network was so much nicer! Same picture quality if not better, and we would still have a perfect picture in the worst of thunder storms. Hell, our digital cable gets choppy, jumpy, snowy, ect... on the clearest of days.

ClayW
05-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Trust me. There is a huge difference in Dish network, and Direct TV. No problems with Direct TV here. Will never go back to cable.