PDA

View Full Version : Damn that hurt.... Hit by a car!

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Well.. the subject line says it all !

Almost at work this morning.. going about 30 km/h in my usual spot on the right hand side of a dual lane road, windy day so i was going slower than usual.. thank god. ( on the electric bike ! )

Next thing i know.. here is this *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* in a blue Nissan.. cut across 4 lanes of traffic ( he was comming from a side street and had to cross all 4 lanes to get to the other side.. ) and cut me off in plain daylight.

I slammed on the brakes.. locked up BOTH tires ( disk brakes rule !!!! ) and rammed into the passenger door, hit the ground.. batteries went their seperate ways etc...

I was stark raving MAD :mad: .... he never even got out of his car.. i think he even locked the doors for a minute while i screamed at him calling him every name in the book ! I'm really not a violent individual, but at this point i was ready to rip his head off... :twisted:

So finally.. i regain composure, and yell at him to get the F$@#!@% out of his car.. and he does.. WEARING BLUE SURGICAL GLOVES !!!! i'm like " wft? " and he finally asks me if i'm ok.

Scraped knee.. and peeled skin on my pinky finger ( i was wearing gloves.. always wear gloves !!! ) but that's about it other than some hurting ribs... i've done worse in the past... lol..

The bike got bent handlebars, i had tools in my back pack to loosen the head mount and straighten things out..

Battery box got bent up a bit.. but saved the batteries.. phew.. if it had been the nylon bag.. they would be toast...

Wear the right gear.. and make sure your brakes work !

If i was on the downtube with V brakes.. i would have been in front of the bumper instead of hitting the side door !!!!!!!!

ATCWRENCH
05-09-2006, 11:33 AM
that sux dude. at least you had enough energy to get up and yell at him for a bit. I would have.

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 11:54 AM
energy... lol.. yeah.. i was in such an adrenalin rush i could have ripped his arms off and beat him with em... son of a ..

But the bike is ok from what i can tell.. the front rotor has a warp from the energy spent on it but i can true it up again hopefully.

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Damn.. now that the nerves have settled.. the swelling has arrived... ouch.

I think I need a drink.....

ScottZJ
05-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Did you call the police to file a report? I would have cuz if you find bad injuries later, then you wont be able to do nothing about it. Plus he should be paying to fix your bike.

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Neither one of us had a pen at the moment.. so i plugged his phone number in my cell ph, once i got to work i called the cops and was told to go in an file a report after work, wich i plan to do.

I re-checked the bike, it seems ok right now. I made my intentions clear to the guy that he wouuld be getting a call if i found a problem..... but for 30 $ handlebars.. is it really worth the hasle...?

daym these things suck.

86tri-z270
05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
dude i would have stayed on the ground yelling MY BACK ... you know what kinda lawsuit you coulda slithered away with for getting hit... omfg dude id be in the hospital complaning right now

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 02:13 PM
I know.. but that just makes insurance prices higher for everyone involved in the long run... and nowa days it's 1000 $ max payout unless it's permanent injury.

I'm trying to start an electric bike business. the last thing i need is everyone thinking that E-bikes get mowed down more than regular bikes.. lol...

Mobular
05-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Hope you are well and it doesn't take muck to set things straight.
Of course you should report it! Make this joker learn his lesson. Just his past Saturday, i had to chase down a drunk that side swiped my truck on the hiway. He didn't even try to stop and make amends. The cops got him and he didn't deny a thing to them. Now I have to do all of this running around to get my truck fixed...........and of course it was the nice side of the truck that he hit. I wanna nail him for all that I can...................DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE KIDDIES!

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
I know the feeling... my heart sank when i looked down at the bike with the battery box ripped off.... i put a crapload of work into this thing only to have a dimwit trash it up.... argh......

nate b
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
one word.. whiplash $$$$
get these losers off the streets!

travis712
05-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry bigredhead, but when I read the title I LOL'ed. Hope you & the bike are OK, & V-brakes arn't that bad. Quality brand ones work very well unless there really worn or pretty wet. Not saying disks are bad, but V brakes are usually suffice.

edog
05-09-2006, 08:52 PM
dude i would have stayed on the ground yelling
MY BACK ... you know what kinda lawsuit you coulda slithered away with for getting hit... omfg dude id be in the hospital complaning right now

It's people like that I have no respect for.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

nouseforaname90
05-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry bigredhead, but when I read the title I LOL'ed. Hope you & the bike are OK, & V-brakes arn't that bad. Quality brand ones work very well unless there really worn or pretty wet. Not saying disks are bad, but V brakes are usually suffice.

Probably not when you are going 20-30 MPH.. LOL. :w00t:

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Probably not when you are going 20-30 MPH.. LOL. :w00t:

Ding Ding Ding Ding.... we have a winner ! :lol:

Good v-brakes are ok. i agree.. but at top speed this sucker melts brake pads like butter .. and wears you rims out quickly if you use hard pads etc..

Disk brakes are a world of better.. and these are even mechs not hydraulic. !

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 09:14 PM
He musta been expecing an Aids infested bloody mess or something.. :eek:

But from what i gather he's a mechanic at Nissan Auto and was driving a customers car. Probably not to grease up the car..

And man.. my shoulder is kinda hurting now.. need a drink.

86tri-z270
05-09-2006, 10:10 PM
It's people like that I have no respect for.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
no respect? w.e man im not here for your oppinion.. it is what id do.... and about a million other smart people

200xcellent
05-09-2006, 10:32 PM
no respect? w.e man im not here for your oppinion.. it is what id do.... and about a million other smart people

Smart people? More like whiney little pricks who just want to make a quick easy buck at the expense of other people. Do you find yourself hoping that your coffee from McD's is too hot?

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 11:02 PM
It's all about personal morals.

Hard to beleive.. and some would argue .. but i do have some.

200xcellent
05-09-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm glad you were man enough to not fake an injury.