PDA

View Full Version : HOBBIT Readers: need help fast!

Bender
05-11-2006, 04:01 PM
I have a class that i was sposed to read the hobbit but i didnt and I hope some of you can help answer some questions

#1. Discuss the development of Bilbo Bagins character. What qualities are used to describe him at the begining of the story? What causes the changes in his character? Give at least 5 examples from rthe book to show how Bilbo changes. Write your answer using complete sentences and paragraphs.

#2. Discuss how greed is dealt with in the story. Which are more important, material goods or one's friends and companions? give at least 5 examples from the book to illustratehow greed is dealt with. Write your answer using complete sentences and paragraphs.

#3. Discuss Bilbos decision to take the Arkenstone. Given that a war broke out despite his efforts, was his decisiona good one. Was Thorin right to become angry? Write your answer using complete sentences and paragraphs.

Tri-ZNate
05-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I have a class that i was sposed to read the hobbit but i didnt and I hope some of you can help answer some questions

#1. Discuss the development of Bilbo Bagins character. What qualities are used to describe him at the begining of the story? What causes the changes in his character? Give at least 5 examples from rthe book to show how Bilbo changes. Write your answer using complete sentences and paragraphs.

#2. Discuss how greed is dealt with in the story. Which are more important, material goods or one's friends and companions? give at least 5 examples from the book to illustratehow greed is dealt with. Write your answer using complete sentences and paragraphs.

#3. Discuss Bilbos decision to take the Arkenstone. Given that a war broke out despite his efforts, was his decisiona good one. Was Thorin right to become angry? Write your answer using complete sentences and paragraphs.

Why dont you just read gradesaver.com or sparknotes.com like a normal kid and BS your way through it? Thats the way to do it IMO :D

Its been three years since I read the book otherwise I'd be of more help

Bender
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I was just actually reading on sparknotes.com! I havent found what i need. ill try the other one.

Bender
05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Can anyone help me? I didnt read this book cuz I realy dont like any sci fi or fantasy stuff, please help!

Wickedfinger
05-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Heres a novel idea .... read the book and come up with your own conclusions. This is why we Americans keep getting dumber and dumber - we try and "cheat" our way through everything.

Bender
05-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I dont have enough time to read it now that there is 2 weeks of school left and I need longer than that cuz i dont have time to read.

bigredhead
05-12-2006, 03:58 PM
If you got 2 weeks... you have plenty of time to read it.

If you need it today.. you are screwed.

Or.. watch the lord of the rings and hope for the best.. :lol:

RedRider_AK
05-12-2006, 04:33 PM
So you don't have time to read, but you have time to sit on the Internet looking for ways to cheat?

Howdy
05-12-2006, 05:18 PM
So you don't have time to read, but you have time to sit on the Internet looking for ways to cheat?

LMAO!! Can you say OWNED!!
Laziness at it's finest.
Howdy

Billy Golightly
05-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Read it. Its actually a pretty good book. I read it back in the 5th grade.

Wickedfinger
05-12-2006, 08:08 PM
If you got 2 weeks... you have plenty of time to read it.

If you need it today.. you are screwed.

Or.. watch the lord of the rings and hope for the best.. :lol:
That won't do him any good ... different story. I know this BECAUSE I READ IT!. If you've got 2 weeks - thats more than plenty of time to read The Hobbit.

daputz
05-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Read it. Its actually a pretty good book. I read it back in the 5th grade.

Great book, one of my favorites.

However the lord of the rings will not help on the character development of Bilbo. I got prodded into reading the series @ 20yrs ago, I still pick the series up every few years or so..................a great tale.

CorbinKale
05-14-2006, 12:37 AM
'The Hobbit' is a fantastic read! It takes place 60 years before the 'Lord of the Rings'. Once you get into it, it will take just a couple days to read it. Get to it!

Once you have read it and done your report, watch LotR, again. You will gain a whole new perspective.

I really hope you give it a chance. Avoiding book reading is like living only half a life. For me, reading is like playing a movie in my head, except I can control all aspects of the scenes with my imagination. It is like being a part of the story, and that is something a real movie could never do.

In truth, I envy you. You still get to experience it for the first time. I have read it three times, but the first was the best. I won't wish you luck. You don't need it. I will wish you a sense of responsibility, instead.

NOS_350X
05-14-2006, 02:47 AM
PFF unlike everone elce i say keep asking. Somone will know and help you. IMO reading books like that would never help me in life so it dosnt hurt to get a little help on the test/report.

CorbinKale
05-14-2006, 05:40 PM
PFF unlike everone elce i say keep asking. Somone will know and help you. IMO reading books like that would never help me in life so it dosnt hurt to get a little help on the test/report.

Exercising the brain makes it stronger in the same way as exercising the muscles. Having someone else lift weights for you leaves you just as weak as you were before. Have you ever had someone say something that you didn't understand, but everyone else 'got it'? It was probably a literary reference. Does being left in the dark help you in life? Don't worry, someone else will turn a light on for you. :lol:

Ironically, the people who have read 'The Hobbit' probably treasure it enough that, while they would be thrilled to discuss the varied aspects of the story and relive the adventure with anyone who has read it, they will hesitate to give it away to those who care nothing for it. Weird, huh?

daputz
05-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I had a long winded reply ready................but with my 2 finger chicken pecking it would take half the night to type it:lol:

The books have inspired many people for over half a centry, been added to songs (Led Zepplin), and imo, have already been made timeless classics.

If you decide not to read it, I am sure they are cliff note avilible, and even an animated movie.