PDA

View Full Version : Dog need's prayers

Cody
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
My dog is in need of prayers. He was bit by a snake today in the yard. We belive it was a copperhead. We are trying our best to help him survive, if you would, please pray for Cozmo. :cry:

Mobular
05-11-2006, 11:17 PM
I feel for you and your pooch. All the best wishes. Hope he has seen a vet. We hope he pulls thorugh ok. Our dog Coal (Black Lab)says woof.

hancadam
05-11-2006, 11:22 PM
That sucks. I will pray for you. Good luck and try to keep you chin up!

danteross77
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
This is my dog brownie, He survived a copperhead bite, I hope this gives you some hope.

Cody
05-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Thank you guy's. He is going to the vet today to get anti biotics.

smackkk
05-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Well if it helps any, copperheads arent really that venomous. We use copperhead venom here in the south to rid our hunting dogs of heartworms if they have a severe case. The main thing with a coppehead bite is to make sure the swelling is localized, and if it was to the neck, then make sure the airway is not restricted. Get the pup to the vet and get an exam, make sure he stays hydrated, but most of the time with correct treatment and the help of a good vet the only lasting effects may be a little lethaargy (sleepiness) and some hairloss around the bite site. I have raised champion BEAGLES, BOSTON TERIERS, and AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIERS for the last 20 years or so. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PUP ... BUTTHEAD,DIXIE,CHYNA,AND REBEL SAY HOORAH !!! AND GOOD LUCK !!

bigredhead
05-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I wish him and you both the best.. and sending good vibes..

I love my dog more than anyone i know ( family included ).. so i fully understand what you are going thru....

Good luck. and best wishes man... give him a belly rub on my behalf..

Wickedfinger
05-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Well if it helps any, copperheads arent really that venomous. We use copperhead venom here in the south to rid our hunting dogs of heartworms if they have a severe case. The main thing with a coppehead bite is to make sure the swelling is localized, and if it was to the neck, then make sure the airway is not restricted. Get the pup to the vet and get an exam, make sure he stays hydrated, but most of the time with correct treatment and the help of a good vet the only lasting effects may be a little lethaargy (sleepiness) and some hairloss around the bite site. I have raised champion BEAGLES, BOSTON TERIERS, and AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIERS for the last 20 years or so. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PUP ... BUTTHEAD,DIXIE,CHYNA,AND REBEL SAY HOORAH !!! AND GOOD LUCK !!
I love the fact that you have a dog named "Butthead". BTW, that sounds like really great information you have given there - kudo's. Cody, all the best for your pup.

ClayW
05-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, Know how you feel man. I lost one of mine last year, and I still cant think about it. Just tears me up too dang bad. Will do.:beer

YTM200BOY
05-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Poor buddy hang in there you to cody... WHen i go to my grandma's in the summer i almost got bite by a copperhead.... scary. pull threw man best wishes!

threewheelin-feelin
05-12-2006, 11:13 PM
im a huge dog lover and always get emotional when i hear these types of storys take care of that dog! and good luck!

Cody
05-13-2006, 08:20 PM
GOOD NEWS! He is FINE! We got him a new doggy toy and he love's it. Vet gave him a shot and some anti biotics. He is better then ever now. Thank you lord.

bigredhead
05-13-2006, 08:38 PM
WOoof !... right on !

I feel alot better.. i was afraid to click just in case.. hehe...

My dog keeps eating bugs.. loves em... and got a bee last year.. had a swollen lip.. but did not learn. was at it again today !!

Cody
05-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Hehe, Id like to thank you guy's for the kind thoughts.

Mobular
05-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Right on! Glad all turned out well!

atcfreak85
05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
My dog is in need of prayers. He was bit by a snake today in the yard. We belive it was a copperhead. We are trying our best to help him survive, if you would, please pray for Cozmo. :cry:
Will definatly do so. Good luck:( :(

threewheelin-feelin
05-16-2006, 12:43 AM
thats great! glad there was a happy ending here!! now keep him away from the snakes lol...by the way did you get the snake that bite him....id have found it and takin an axe to it

Cody
05-16-2006, 10:17 AM
I had a bunch of friend's over trying to find it. Bad thing is, my mom was so scared she didnt remember which way it went. But we burned up a pile we think he might have went in.

topoortorideon4
05-16-2006, 02:02 PM
i think when dogs are born they have a tollerence to snake bites at least ive heard that labs do to rattlers

MN250R
05-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Glad to hear your dog is doing well!

1985_250_ATC
05-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Awesome news... Hopefully this is the only scare you have with it...