PDA

View Full Version : Educate me about IPODS...

Dirtcrasher
05-13-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm interested in getting an IPOD. I probably don't care about seeing videos all that much, so do I really need the highend model with a video player and aren't they about 300$$?? Or are there big benefits to the high end model?? Is there a big deal of an IPOD versus just an MP3 player?? If I get an IPOD, which model do I need where would you buy one? I've seen one of the models for 99$ but I'm not sure what I get for that price. I believe I read last year that the new models would break pretty easy if dropped so what should models I avoid?? Whats with the IPOD hype!!!!!!!???????

nouseforaname90
05-13-2006, 10:08 PM
and iPod is an MP3 player.. no real difference. Its just a fancy MP3 player made by Apple, and some of them can play video's. If you just want a nice MP3 iPod to play music, get the iPod mini. Thats what I have and I love it. It has an aluminum casing so if you drop it, it doesn't break.. which probably isn't the case with the new ones. The new ones look so thin and tiny that if you dropped it, it would shatter into a million pieces.
The iPod mini is a great little thing.. durable and they hold more songs than you'll ever even need!! It cost me about $200 a few years ago.

Tri-ZNate
05-13-2006, 10:10 PM
you can get a $60 IPOD but it wont have a screen so you cant see what songs your cycling through.A 1gb IPOD nano will hold 250 songs and is $150

nouseforaname90
05-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Oooh yeah.. I forgot that. The iPod mini is 5GB with an optional memory upgrade (to 7GB I think??)

rdnkoutlawinca
05-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I just got my replacement IPOD yesterday( my 4gig got ripped off ), its a 40 gig....pretty big, but the price was right....about $90 on EGAY....will let ya know how it works, but should hold about 9,000 songs approx.

Dirtcrasher
05-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I truly don't even need 500 songs so is an IPOD worth the money or should I just get a MP3 player and what brand is good?? Whats so great about the most expensive IPOD anyhow??

250r'en +TCB
05-14-2006, 12:40 PM
If you buy an IPOD buy the warenty!!! When it's about to run out, smash the thing and trade it for a brand new one, which will proubly be an updated one by that point anyway! My friend has gone through 5 now and they keep replacing them!!! hahaha

86tri-z270
05-14-2006, 12:42 PM
well if you dont mind spending alot for a little buy AN ipod mini.... because nanos break sooo easily my friend dropped one from like 2 feet off the ground and it shattered... so get a mini.... if you want to spend a little less but be confused on how to work it... get a dell pocket DJ thats about all my advice

Dirtcrasher
05-14-2006, 10:00 PM
I've heard from a few that they break real easy so why don't I just buy a "Best Buy/Circuit City" MP3 player??

Tri-ZNate
05-14-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm yet to break my nano, seems to have held up really well. The best thing about the IPOD video is you can watch any video ya want on the go and you have good sized pics instead of the tiny nano stuff.

ATC crazy
05-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Just get a brand name MP3 player. You're just paying for the name of the Ipod. I personally dont like the things....I couldnt navigate through one when I tried my friends, and they are so brittle.