PDA

View Full Version : What is the best auction sniper?

dizasterzrfun69
05-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I did a search on aol and found that there are several different sniper programs. which sniper is the best one though? if i register/ sign up right now could i use it in like 2-3 hours?

Kevin

petesatc
05-15-2006, 09:44 AM
www.esnipe.com works great for me:)

Billy Golightly
05-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I use esnipe too. The only problem I've ever encountered with the sniping programs is to make sure the last half of your bid (the change) is in the same increments as the auction. For example I was bidding on an ATC sweater last year I wanted extremely bad. I had a high bid of something like $130.45. However, the auction only went in $0.50 increments and was at an even number. The auction ended for $130, and theres a chance I could have had it if I would have tacked on another 5 cents to my high bid. Just have to kind of watch and be careful like that.

ScottZJ
05-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Yeah I use the esnipe program too without problems. I also like it cuz it sends you an email if the auction price has gone higher than your snipe, so you can change it higher if you wanted to.

You can sign up and use it for free for a few weeks, trail period.

350Xhilaration
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM
www.jbidwatcher.com is a program that's free and worked well on a grab bar for me a few weeks ago. Fairly customizable and allows you to set the seconds before the end of the auction to place bid. No trial...open source...free forever.

dizasterzrfun69
05-16-2006, 04:30 PM
www.jbidwatcher.com is a program that's free and worked well on a grab bar for me a few weeks ago. Fairly customizable and allows you to set the seconds before the end of the auction to place bid. No trial...open source...free forever.

some idiot got anctious the other day and spent like $50 for a 1-year subscription to powersnipe.com woops :( oh well

Kevin

holmstrom
05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
i use http://www.ezsniper.com/ works for me and you get to try 3 times for free first. ihad it set to bid on my transaxle fro my JD at 75.02 and i won. the other guy bid 75.01. I always use .02 or .52 because alot of people do the .01 or .51.