PDA

View Full Version : i bought a supposidly "RUNNING" 300r

dizasterzrfun69
05-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Well i spent over $300 on a "running" 300r engine on ebay. Well i got it here and it had been dropped, the bottom of the stator cover was bashed in and the crankcase right there has a nice chunk busted out too. We took the top end off and realized the piston needs cleaned up really good and the cylinder needs honed. After that, we split the cases to find out that one of the main bearings WOULD NOT TURN AT ALL!! :mad: so basically i got a POS basket case engine for $350

The thing that pisses me off most is that he said it was a running engine with good compression. I bought this dam thing because i need an engine within the next week so i am ready for TF06. I've saved over $1000 for TF06 and i thought i was almost ready, well i guess i better think again.

I emailed the guy before i knew about the main bearing and piston/jug and he said he hopes we can work something out. later on i noticed the main bearing and piston/jug and emailed him again. I'm still waiting on him to email me back and find out what is going to come of this. He has over like 350 feedback and a 99.7% feedback rating so i dont know why i ended up with a POS. I'm hoping for at least a $150 refund minimum. What would you guys do?

Kevin

RideRed250R
05-21-2006, 01:50 AM
thats ebay, dont buy something like a engine and bet against the house.... yah it probably did RUN before he took it out, the COMPRESSION was good enough to start it, probably didnt run GOOD, but he never said that LOL, i have found, dont buy a 300R unless its a in the box kit, or FOR sure has all the parts, also, shippins a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* .. UPS SUCKS
Adam

OldSchoolin86
05-21-2006, 12:54 PM
What I've done before is request user info. This will give you his phone number that he has registered with ebay. Then I call and start with sugar. As days pass I start to use that number as a way to bug them everyday untill I get a reaction. Even if you don't get the refund you want it's a good way to get things off your chest.

dizasterzrfun69
05-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Well heres the email he sent me.

Hi Kevin,
Ok, here's where I stand. I can honestly say that I had no knowledge of anything you are telling me about the motor. The casing HAD to be broken after it left here because it was not broken when I packed it. And we had the motor running last year and it sounded good for the short period of time it was running. And it was stored inside since that time. BUT, nonetheless, you now have these problems. I would ask that you consider what amount the motor may be still worth to you in the current condition and I will refund your balance. Is your paypal username the same as this email address?

Regards, Dave

I paid $305 plus $35 shipping so i told him if i got $140-$150 back id be more than happy, this will give me enough to buy the bearings i need and replace the side case.

Kevin

chris200x
05-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Well at least he's willing to work with you. I think this is the same motor I posted the link for you last week. It looked like it was in pretty good running condition in the auction. Was the package insured? How was it packed? When I shipped my motor to howdy last year I used one of those large plastic totes.. Lined the bottom with carboard,, And used two queen sized egg crates to wrap the motor. Then zip tied the lid on. That thing probably could of falled out the back of an airplane and been ok! lol.

dizasterzrfun69
05-21-2006, 09:03 PM
well i just got $150 sent to my paypal :w00t: he had it packed in a box sorrounded by some like 1 inch thick styrofoam/insulation type stuff and then the box was filled with peanuts. It would have made it fine if UPS hadnt have been the shipping company he used. I know some friends that used to work at UPS and they talked about how packages get thrown around. oh well, i got $150 back, i think its fair.

Kevin

350x'inNY
05-21-2006, 09:33 PM
well i just got $150 sent to my paypal :w00t: he had it packed in a box sorrounded by some like 1 inch thick styrofoam/insulation type stuff and then the box was filled with peanuts. It would have made it fine if UPS hadnt have been the shipping company he used. I know some friends that used to work at UPS and they talked about how packages get thrown around. oh well, i got $150 back, i think its fair.

Kevin

Sounds good.... I got a "running" 300R motor through ebay for about $150. It had the 85R carb on it, the kicker, and ignition with it. It had oil on it, but the guy said he sprayed it with oil to clean it up/shine it up. Well, I stored it in my Hondaling Archives for ahile, and moved the crate when new "inventory" arrived and found a huge oil puddle under it. Looking closer, the case was cracked too. Oh well... it does have killer compression and the other goodies with it.... think I'll have Raffa help me clean up the bottom end that's on my 82R "Ice Queen" I picked up last Trikefest and slap the 300R jug onto that.

Glad it worked out for you Kevin.
Bruce

Bryan Raffa
05-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Sounds good.... I got a "running" 300R motor through ebay for about $150. It had the 85R carb on it, the kicker, and ignition with it. It had oil on it, but the guy said he sprayed it with oil to clean it up/shine it up. Well, I stored it in my Hondaling Archives for ahile, and moved the crate when new "inventory" arrived and found a huge oil puddle under it. Looking closer, the case was cracked too. Oh well... it does have killer compression and the other goodies with it.... think I'll have Raffa help me clean up the bottom end that's on my 82R "Ice Queen" I picked up last Trikefest and slap the 300R jug onto that.

Glad it worked out for you Kevin.
Bruce

ya buddy we can race each other on the ice in font of my house this winter!!!:w00t: :w00t: