PDA

View Full Version : Saved a Gator Today

Jeffro33
05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
I seen a 3 foot long gator in the middle of a busy road today. My first thought was it had to be dead so I was going to put it in the back of my truck and bring it home for the skin. When I grabbed it's tail the head opened and swung toward me. Growing up in the swamps and bayous on False River, Louisiana. I thought cool I am going to have a great lunch. But I thought twice obout it. I hate it when I do that. So I grabbed its mouth and wrapped electrical tape around it then put in in the back of my truck. It only weighted about 50 pounds. I could only get about 10 pounds max of meat from it. I let it go in a river about 3 miles down the way. Oh yea I did take the tape off it's mouth before I let it go. I did my good deed for the year. If it was over 100 pound I would be cooking it right now.

chris200x
05-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Steve would be very proud! :lol:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/steve20irwin202.jpg

Bryan Raffa
05-24-2006, 05:58 PM
blimey!!!!!

85hondaatc125m
05-24-2006, 06:48 PM
So I grabbed its mouth and wrapped electrical tape around it then put in in the back of my truck. It only weighted about 50 pounds. I could only get about 10 pounds max of meat from it. If it was over 100 pound I would be cooking it right now.
You know your a redneck when...
Good story though, way to save a life

Dave223
05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
hmmm lets see, gator hide is going for 40$ per foot , gator meat is right under 5.00$ per pound....Ida ate it an sold the hide!!! :D :D

Went out frogging one night. we are back in the swamp about 7-8 miles, not another person around. Pitch black except for our headlamps. Im down on the bow of the Jon-boat,catching frogs,swattin skeeters,lookin for snakes and other bad critters, directing my buddy whos driving.After about 3 hours he asks me to drive for a while so he can catch. No problem I tell him and head to the back, he goes to the front.After about 30 minutes of standing there driving the "Go-Devil", I fell weight on my toes. I shine the light down at my feet and see a 3 footer laying across em. i run to the front of the boat an kneel down next to my buddy . He looks over and asks "Whatcha doin?", I tell him "I dunno but nobodys driving the boat!" After he quit laughing he explains that he caught it to bring home for meat, and forgot to tell me about it!!! For those who arent familiar with a "go-Devil" check this out... http://www.go-devil.com/Video/Surface_Drive_Mud.wmv

also check out www.go-devil.com Dave

200xcellent
05-24-2006, 11:13 PM
This story made my day. hahaha

bigredhead
05-25-2006, 09:13 AM
I see a gator while riding... i put the o'l SX in REVERSE and head the F!@#$ the other way !

chris200x
05-25-2006, 09:44 AM
I see a gator while riding... i put the o'l SX in REVERSE and head the F!@#$ the other way !

I didn't know they had alot of gators in Canada? :lol: ;)

firehart
05-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I've never has an encounter with a gator. But it could not be any worse than running into a badger or wolverine.

dreadhed
05-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Gators are not that bad to run into. Most of the time will move away. I have had to get them off fish hooks befor. Don't mess with them during mating season though. Good save Jeffro.

xnagex1
05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Here in TN. the closest thing we have to a big mouth mean alligator is a ex-wife , and believe me , you don't want to try and tackle one of those.

Rm250RF900R
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
I would never ever want to be face to face with a Wolverine. But I have been face to face with a fisher. Those are nasty little critters also.

Jeffro33
05-27-2006, 09:49 AM
www.go-devil.com[/url] Dave

We on False River call dem mud boats. If it has a long shaft about 3-6 feet long it is called a swamp boat. Just for clarification. I knew something at right with dem people from Houma.:w00t: :w00t: Just because yall are about 20 years ahead of us. Don't mean nothing. :w00t: