PDA

View Full Version : Its alive! The 500r that is. Subframe completed! Fenders and seat mounted!

Louis Mielke
05-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Well I started the 500 at 1:30 in the morning...and now....after going to bed at 3am I'm dead tired but have to go to work.

I didn't get to ride it as I'm still waiting on my chain slider and I have stuff that needs lubed first but I think its safe to say it will make it to trikefest.

Only welding left to do is the rear exhaust mount (started it without a silencer, people got mad, lol) and the front seat mounts...

Still alot of work to do and my girlfriend may dump me before its all said and done cause I've been ignoring her. Full steam ahead, its comming down to the wire....

Oh, and it started on the 3rd kick! Yay for me! lol!

Bryan Raffa
05-25-2006, 08:32 AM
awsome that must have been LOUD LOL

Russell 350X
05-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Awsome, let us know how it rides when you get there!

Billy Golightly
05-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey dont have you that accu start on it? Hows it work? I need to get oen of those for mine..

brapp
05-25-2006, 10:05 AM
awsome louis, your gonna let me ride it right lol :Bounce

Kintore
05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Sweet! Cant wait to see it at TF!

:w00t:

Louis Mielke
05-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Brapp: Of course you can ride it but I do operate on the You break it you fix it policy.

Billy: Everyone says you don't need it but I'm very happy I got it. I started the bike from dead cold in 3 kicks and mind you that was from a random starting point, I didn't worry about bringing the piston to topdead center. It really does kick as easy as my 250r. Thats a completely rebuilt engine with a brand new never ran carb. Also my kicker is off of a yamaha blaster. I tihnk thats pretty darn good for a 500, with a shorter kicker. The only thing I need to work out with it is I'm using a TRX450r decompress lever and it hurts your thumb to push it cause its definatly a stiff spring.

Other wise, I love the accustart.

MAN I WISH MY SERVICE HONDA PARTS WOULD COME!!!! I can't get much more done untill they show up. Hopefully its tomarrow or saturday and not mid next week.

Louis Mielke
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Alright i couldn't wait for my chain slider, I just had to take it for a ride, so with no seat or fenders, a semi-flat rear tire and no chain slider I took her around the yard. Man I'm in freakin love! at low spead it seems to hand alot like my 250r.

Sadly i have run into my first problem. My brand new clutch cover has a sizeable leak from the top just by the cylinder from the gasket. I have to pull the side of the motor apart to see why i'm leaking tranny oil. Hopefully its just a matter of some glue and I'm good to go. Just sucks to have to drain the coolant and trans down and take it apart this soon. Oh well i knew it could happen this way. I'm just glad the center cases aren't leaking.

I'm not sure I'm gonna have time to get the carb dialed in before trikefest.

MAN I"M IN LOVE WITH THE TORQUE!!!!! hehe

Billy Golightly
05-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Sounds like your enjoying it :) What day are you arriving at Haspin? How many 500's are we gonna have this year? Going to be very interesting!

Louis Mielke
05-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm meeting with Brapp in PA monday night and then I'm not sure when we're leaving I'm assuming tuesday, shouldbe in haspin on tuesday? i took off the hole week. Hopefully I can get all the big bugs worked out enough to enjoy it for at least that week.

I just finished bleeding my front brakes and I'm trying to get motivated to tear the cover off tonight.

I still need to make front seat mounts at minimum and my room mate took the tig backto his father tismorning... AH!! Now i hafta beg steal and barrow to get those mounts made and welded on....

moose 53
05-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Just what is a accustart system?I can`t imagine kicking a 500 over with a blaster kicker.

Louis Mielke
05-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Subframe is finished, fenders and seat are mounted solid. This is it. My final seat height is just under 31". I'm very happy with it. Now hopfully I get all the other little bugs worked out in time.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j274/louismielke/500r.jpg

fatcat
05-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow! Nice job.

twgranger
05-28-2006, 07:57 PM
looks great!!!!!!! to bad you couldnt angle the tank alittle so it would sit flush with the seat.

BigGreenMachine
05-28-2006, 08:05 PM
LOOKS BLOODY AWSOME!!!! White with a black frame would look sweet.

Louis Mielke
05-28-2006, 11:19 PM
looks great!!!!!!! to bad you couldnt angle the tank alittle so it would sit flush with the seat.

Yeah, I was hoping to get the seat to mate to the tank better too, but in light of being ready to take to trikefest, and everything in general I'm pleased with it. The picture really doesn't do it justice. In person you hardly notice the glaring space. Sok though, it maybe final mounting but that doesn't mean the cosmetics are done. Name of the game is Trikefest 06, after she comes home she get torn back down and the cosmetic rebuild begins.