PDA

View Full Version : Happy dance, I just rebiult my first turbo

LonesomeTriZ
05-26-2006, 06:42 PM
I have wrestled with this thing all damn day, but I finally figured it out. :w00t:

Now, how do I get it on my Tri-Z? :wondering

wheelie king
05-26-2006, 07:08 PM
COOL! My (cowboy) hat's off to you. Did you rebuild it stock?

Mmmmmmm.......I love me some turbo diesel. I just got rid of my VW Jetta turbo diesel, but replaced it with a new car right away.

It's a gas motor, but what a hell of a rig it is. Gotta love the new mommy hauler! Check out the Sig.

OldSchoolin86
05-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I have wrestled with this thing all damn day, but I finally figured it out. :w00t:

Now, how do I get it on my Tri-Z? :wondering
I've got another one for you to figure out too if you wnat it, lol. Good job man.

LonesomeTriZ
05-26-2006, 07:26 PM
It is pretty much stock. These older Powerstrokes had too big of turbos on them to begin with. That is why one of the upgrades is to change the housing to a smaller one. However, I have a far from stock engine now. :twisted: I have actually brought the engine up to the standard of the turbo. :Bounce

LonesomeTriZ
05-26-2006, 07:27 PM
I've got another one for you to figure out too if you wnat it, lol. Good job man.

Thanks, but I have very little hair left in my head after this one. :lol:

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 01:38 AM
COOL! My (cowboy) hat's off to you. Did you rebuild it stock?

Mmmmmmm.......I love me some turbo diesel. I just got rid of my VW Jetta turbo diesel, but replaced it with a new car right away.

It's a gas motor, but what a hell of a rig it is. Gotta love the new mommy hauler! Check out the Sig.

If your talkin bout the Passat Wagon, we have one. It is the 2001 but it hauls ass. We have a few performance parts. We have the performance shocks/springs, turbo upgrade, ECU upgrade, and this chip i forgot what its called...all i know is that i can go as fast as i want now! Lol. Great cars for what they are. DAMN Expensive when parts break. We also get 36mpg in the wagon...and it aint a diesel either!

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Okay, :pics: :pics: :pics: :D

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 05:05 PM
alright. Will do! Give me a few hours!

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Alrighty! It only LOOKS stock!:naughty:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/firefirefire90/Turbo%20wagon/PICT0020.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/firefirefire90/Turbo%20wagon/PICT0021.jpg

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Here is a half way through photograph of the install. All that is left is to hook up all the tubing and wiring harness. Oh yeah, and reinstall the radiator, the charging system, and fianlly dial it all in.

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 05:18 PM
I bet that thing is fun to drive. I tlooks timid, but I am sure that changes quickly when it is put into motion.

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 05:29 PM
yeah it really is a blast to drive. I wish we got the 6-speed. When we start to go past 130, and still have about 20 more miles till toping out, the motor is reving like crazy! The five speed isnt built for 140+ hahaha

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 05:32 PM
I take it a swap is not feasable?

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 05:44 PM
It might be, but if i was to do that, It would be better for me to invest in a faster car. I mean this car is great for what it is, but until my mom gives it to me, major things like that will stay as it. I mean come on! A station wagon that has four cylinders going about 160mph as its top, is pretty damn good!

wheelie king
05-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Ours is 6 speed auto with the tiptronic. Over 200 HP out of a 2.0 is amazing how they do that. A chip is definitely in the future though!:twisted: Definitely fast as hell. Handles like you would not believe.

FFF90- what kind of chip do you have, and what did you do to upgrade the turbo? Just more boost or what?

And just as a side note, the ole Crown Vic is pretty quick for a TANK.:lol:

:pics: :pics: :pics:

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Damn Gregg. Do you even have a yard? Or is it just plamettos? :lol:

wheelie king
05-27-2006, 09:07 PM
I have plenty yard! It is only partially surrounded by palmettos, and is just over an acre. Where I park my patrol car is a kinda hidden spot that I squeeze the car into.

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 09:11 PM
It looks like a stolen recovery sitting there like that. :lol:

What kind of mods did the two of you do to your turbo? Are they waste gated? I am trying to learn as much as I can about them. I have already found a few upgrades I COULD have done had I known about them. Now, they will have to wait for the next phase of my build. :twisted:

wheelie king
05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
There is NOTHING out there yet for my VW Passat Wagon. Hell, it's a 2007, so I'll prolly have to wait about 2 years.

My Jetta that I just got rid of was a Diesel, and totally stock except for a K&N intake and a Autosport computer module (chip). It was pretty mild- nothing crazy. Just a little more pep. No internal work was done on the motor, and there are no wastegates on the VWs. They are a very unique design, actually. I am going to have to do some more crawling around on this new VW to familiarize myself with it. I've only had it for 6 days!

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 09:35 PM
we completely re-mapped the computer on the Passat so she will rev quicker, have more power throughout the entire band. Check out a company called APR. Send them your ECU chip from its clamshell case underneath the driver's side hood. This alone brought the engine from 175-200hp. Good eh? The we put in a K&N filter that made the engine even snappier! I dont know what was done to the turbo because it came with the car. I will look it up later. But the ECU upgrade helps the turbo and helps the car generate more boost. The cheapest thing to do right now is get a K&N air filter because when temperatures outside reach more than 80 degrees, the computer will take away a lot of boost from your turbo...for some reason...i dont know why. Let me look up what was done to the turbo.

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I use to call them pussats until I learned about there potential. when I get my 10,000 pund beat back on the road, we will have to line them up and see what happens.

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Does APR only do VW's?

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 09:41 PM
EDIT : Only Audi,V-dub, and porshe

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 09:43 PM
check them out

http://www.goapr.com/

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 09:45 PM
EDIT : Only Audi,V-dub, and porshe

Damnit, that is discrimination.

Billy Golightly
05-27-2006, 09:54 PM
I got a boost and EGT gauge kit for my truck truck I was going to put in before TF but I dont know if I'm going to or not...NEED MORE TIME! Hahaha man.

wheelie king
05-27-2006, 09:54 PM
The engines in these VWs are really something. far from "puss", that's for sure. Mine puts out over 200hp (I do not know the exact number) with the totally stock setup, and like 260+ lb/ft of torque. That's a lot for a 2.0 liter in a midsize car, if you ask me.

There is not even ANY air intake or performance filters available for the 2007 Passat yet. No k&n, no AEM, no Green......NO nothing.

Like I said, the air intake and a perfromance (chip) module is in the future for the car, as soon as it's available:rolleyes:

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I got a boost and EGT gauge kit for my truck truck I was going to put in before TF but I dont know if I'm going to or not...NEED MORE TIME! Hahaha man.

I know what you mean. I have a box full of upgrades for my dually. But the time to install them is just not there. I had to break it up into stages. I am trying to complete my first stage now. The next one will have me eating tuners for lunch. :w00t:

The older Passats were (from what I understand) less than manly. They were nutless but reliable. Now I hear they have done a turn around and lean more towards the performance arena than they had in the past. Not bad for a four cylinder station wagon. Right Fire?

firefirefire90
05-27-2006, 10:30 PM
The engines in these VWs are really something. far from "puss", that's for sure. Mine puts out over 200hp (I do not know the exact number) with the totally stock setup, and like 260+ lb/ft of torque. That's a lot for a 2.0 liter in a midsize car, if you ask me.

There is not even ANY air intake or performance filters available for the 2007 Passat yet. No k&n, no AEM, no Green......NO nothing.

Like I said, the air intake and a perfromance (chip) module is in the future for the car, as soon as it's available:rolleyes:

See i think the problem with your Passat is that the cover for the motor is the airbox(if it is like new jetta) So really what i would do if i were you, is get a bolt on K&N, take the whole air system off, and bolt the filter directly to your injectore intake. Lol just a thought, thats what i will be doing to my Passat as soon as i can.

Rm250RF900R
05-27-2006, 10:48 PM
The first thing i would have done is bought a real car. Muahahaha

LonesomeTriZ
05-27-2006, 11:25 PM
The first thing i would have done is bought a real car. Muahahaha

I have a feeling you are going to pay for that statement. :lol:

Rm250RF900R
05-27-2006, 11:56 PM
haha me too... But i didnt mean it in a bad way. Just joking..

wheelie king
05-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I will line VW Passat up against a "real car" any day. On a private strip of course. :naughty:

All BS aside, My wife has quite the discriminating taste when it comes to european sport sedans. We got the wagon out of necessity, for the room. We drove the BMW (not impressed), the Mercedes, Audi, and all jap equivalents in both sedans and wagons. The only thing that came close was the Audi A6 (which was slower than the passat), and the Nissan Maxima 3.5 was definitely the winner of the sedans . The maxima was the fastest, but not the most comfortable for our situation. All nice cars, but performace and utility speaking, the Passat out performed all of them. And for equal (or LESS) money.:D

LonesomeTriZ
05-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, I almost had my dually running today. We got the turbo installed and most of the accessory brackets and multitude of crap and does what ever it does for the engine. Then all of a sudden disaster struck. I noticed a fuel fitting was lose so I went to tighten it and SNAP. It broke off in the head. Well damn. I could not move. I just sat there in a trance not sure if I was facing reality or not. Everything had to come back off so I could make the repair. Luckily I know a trick that an old school mechanic taught me. So I did not have to pull the head. It looks like I will be up late tonight trying to pay catch up.

Oh yeah, sorry for reclaiming my thread. :p

firefirefire90
05-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Lol that sucks..how did you get it out? When somethnig like that happens to one of my machines...we use a little magnet glued to a rod. Works like a dream!

LonesomeTriZ
05-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I used a greasse covered drill bit and a greese covered tap. Then I stuck a small greese covered screw driver doun in the whole. I hope I got it all...

random-strike
05-29-2006, 03:25 AM
If your talkin bout the Passat Wagon, we have one. It is the 2001 but it hauls ass. We have a few performance parts. We have the performance shocks/springs, turbo upgrade, ECU upgrade, and this chip i forgot what its called...all i know is that i can go as fast as i want now! Lol. Great cars for what they are. DAMN Expensive when parts break. We also get 36mpg in the wagon...and it aint a diesel either!

vws are garbage, 1.8t motor is a pig. 16 flat here you come :)

random-strike
05-29-2006, 03:28 AM
I will line VW Passat up against a "real car" any day. On a private strip of course. :naughty:

i accept, i'll beat you only using a quarter throttle.

hell i go 0-60-0 to 1/4 and still beat you.

wheelie king
05-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Damn, Louis, I am glad you got that figured out. I hate it when that stuff happens. That is a great trick. I have sued the ole And yes, you can have your thread back for now.

I guess some people love to compare apples and oranges....like say....maybe, a 5.0 stang with twin turbos vs. a stock Passat. Random-strike, Congratulations on your big nasty V-8, dude. You are the coolest.;) And mine is NOT a 1.8, but thanks.

Now, I am talking about a station wagon, man. And the whole "line up" thing was a joke, if you even read the thread (and understood it). I guess it's true that some people just can't see past the finish line.

How about this: If you do not have any intelligent things like tech info or your experience with Turbos (like what this thread is about- sharing experiences with our turbos, etc.), keep your chest-thumping comments to yourself. Nobody likes an antagonistic :postwhore

You're welcome:cool:

LonesomeTriZ
05-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Well, I still may not be lining this thing up with any one for a little while longer. I was up very late last night just to find out I ordered the wrong fan clutch. Everything about this truck is unique. this is the first year of the Powerstroke, so I guess they figure out some of what they did wrong after that. now I have to specail order another one. I will not have time to put this truck through its paces before we head north. I hope she holds up.

I guess a little bragging is to be expected from gear heads. We all do it to an extent. But I have learned to never put some one down for what they driver, ride, operate. Every one has thier own tast for their own reasons. Even if I do not understand why, I still encourage their interest and I make a point to try and understand. I don't care if you drive a beast like mine or a ricers. If you are serious about it and love playing wiht it, then drive on. Your worked for it , so enjoy it.

Okay, i'll stand down from my soap box now. I am hoping to have a photograph of my completed project today. (miuns the fan clutch of course)

random-strike
05-29-2006, 12:22 PM
eh you guys can stand a little proding i hope, but in reality. vws are garbage, and none of them are even close to fast stock, or mildy modded.

there is plenty of fast chevy wagons, not to mention the new magnums :)

wheelie king
05-29-2006, 02:48 PM
The first year powerstrokes were unique beasts, and all the retro-fitted and otherwise unique mods that many folks make definitly require some patience, and in LonesomeTriZ's case, some trial and error! I am sure she will do fine on the haul north, Louis. Don't worry. But I know that you are a perfectionist!

Louis, apparently as hard as we may try, we just cannot make sense to some people. A guy that drives a 5.0 and a dinosaur bowtie thinks 155 mph VWs that beat anything in it's class in performance, and have the best warranty of all euros- are garbage. Go figure:lol: Then to make a dodge reference!:crazy: Typical mustang owner. I had a stang 5.0 (heavily modded- ran in low 11s) when I was 17. Got over that "going fast in a straight line and spending a bunch of money" thing before I was 19. I got tired of roasting everyone. That oughta say something. Maturity is a real killer.

Ok dude. My VW is crap, and your "whatever" is the baddest, fastest, coolest, best handling thing out there. Wow. I am totally gay for whatever you have. Seriously, I so want to be you and drive your mullet-hair machines. I bet all chicks really dig you. Now will you go away? Get your knob out of your hand, cause we are trying to talk like big boys, here.:banned:

random-strike
05-29-2006, 03:00 PM
The first year powerstrokes were unique beasts, and all the retro-fitted and otherwise unique mods that many folks make definitly require some patience, and in LonesomeTriZ's case, some trial and error! I am sure she will do fine on the haul north, Louis. Don't worry. But I know that you are a perfectionist!

Louis, apparently as hard as we may try, we just cannot make sense to some people. A guy that drives a 5.0 and a dinosaur bowtie thinks 155 mph VWs that beat anything in it's class in performance, and have the best warranty of all euros- are garbage. Go figure:lol: Then to make a dodge reference!:crazy: Typical mustang owner. I had a stang 5.0 (heavily modded- ran in low 11s) when I was 17. Got over that "going fast in a straight line and spending a bunch of money" thing before I was 19. I got tired of roasting everyone. That oughta say something. Maturity is a real killer.

Ok dude. My VW is crap, and your "whatever" is the baddest, fastest, coolest, best handling thing out there. Wow. I am totally gay for whatever you have. Seriously, I so want to be you and drive your mullet-hair machines. I bet all chicks really dig you. Now will you go away? Get your knob out of your hand, cause we are trying to talk like big boys, here.:banned:

mustang owner.... lol

there isnt anything that my mustang cant do better than your vw.

out accelerate, out handle, out brake. the only thing you have on it is interior quality, but its an 88 and cost about 8k new :)

wheelie king
05-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Some folks just don't get it, I guess. I have received some pretty interesting PMs about all your antics, Mr. Strike.

Congratulations. You just made over 7 people's "Ignore" list. The :postwhore smiley was invented for you, as well.

Again, kid- let the adults talk now, please.

LonesomeTriZ
05-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I got lucky. I ordered a reverse rotation fan clutch today and had in a few hours. We are waitng or our ginormous luch to settle then we will hit it again when it gets a little cooler. I am so very, very close. I wish I could spend more time (and money) on some of the details I had to pass up this time around. However, when I get to my duty station and I have the money I will begin stage two. Then I can pick up the slack on what I left behind this time around. I can not wait.

My best friend who left for active duty last year had two very inpressive Mustangs Both were older LX models and one was a SHO. The 5 liter had a dead cylinder and we had no idea. it still ran great and very freaking fast. but it was all low end. it seemed like he needed another gear or a go baby go button. Any whay, it is not very polite to call some one else ride garbage. Even gear heads should have a bragging limit. Racers on the other hand are usaully ass holes any way. Until they lose that it. I am not a fan of VW's but I do not know enough about them to offer an oppinion either. Unless you have a lot of knowlegde about them (from experiance) you should not say such things. I have seen a lot of "racers" put in thier place after talking a big game, then getting left at the starting line. just a tought.

wheelie king
05-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Good to hear about the progress, Louis. That is good news.

Oh, and well said. I never spoke about being the fastest thing out there. And you are right about racers. I was 17-19 when I did all that, so there's my excuse!:lol:

p.s. --I now have 2 people on my ignore list! Talk to you soon.

random-strike
05-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Some folks just don't get it, I guess. I have received some pretty interesting PMs about all your antics, Mr. Strike.

Congratulations. You just made over 7 people's "Ignore" list. The :postwhore smiley was invented for you, as well.

Again, kid- let the adults talk now, please.

funny, ignorance is bliss eh

your wagon is totally fast, and handles like a f1 car, not to mention brakes on a dime :w00t:

Drags and autocross 4-28-06, this is all on completly stock motor twin T3s on 7lbs... 8 flat on street tires (245/50/16) with 2.7 60 foots burning off 1st gear, and spinning top of 2nd (http://www.homemadeturbo.com/2006/Drags_4-28-06/Drags_4-28-06_rs.wmv)

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/Mustang/mustang89.jpg

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/Mustang/mustang173.jpg

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/Mustang/mustang137.jpg

Rm250RF900R
05-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Very nice stang. I'm almost thinking about getting one of those LX hatchbacks myself. My uncle had one when I was little. Loved that car.

LonesomeTriZ
05-29-2006, 03:37 PM
What have you not done the five lug conversion yet? For what your car is it is nice. I think you misunderstood what Wheelis King was getting at. for what his car is and what it is used for, it is an impressive car.

Bryan Raffa
05-29-2006, 03:44 PM
now if i was going to have a wagon that would be it..... or the dodge with a hemi......lol

random-strike
05-29-2006, 03:48 PM
What have you not done the five lug conversion yet? For what your car is it is nice. I think you misunderstood what Wheelis King was getting at. for what his car is and what it is used for, it is an impressive car.

no 5 lug conversion and i dont really plan on it.

it has a cobra rear end and cobra discs. the 5 lug is just for the cheap blingy 5 lug wheels, and i guess if you have enough power to need 5 lugs when using slicks.

i have a 460 for the car which it will get soon enough, 460cid big block + single turbo blow through carb goodness, it'll be a hell of a ride. wont handle that great anymore due to the huge cast iron motor infront. but it costs too much to go road racing anyways.

the vw guys should be able to take a little bit of poking fun, and i disagree those passats are not worth the money, and they are not fast or even quick. but i guess if you think 15s are a quick car and you want to go 155mph but take 4 mins to get there... all that time putting yourself in the position to go to jail.

i can hit 150 and go back down to legal shorter than that car could hit 120.

no hard feelings though, i could care less what people drive, but i will comment when they say its fast :)

random-strike
05-29-2006, 03:49 PM
plus im not a "racer boy"

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/camaro/camaro.JPG

Billy Golightly
05-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Holy *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, lay off before I end up having to close the thread. Go make something ThisVsThat forum and let Louis have his thread back.

slothminx
05-29-2006, 04:26 PM
funny, ignorance is bliss eh

your wagon is totally fast, and handles like a f1 car, not to mention brakes on a dime :w00t:

Drags and autocross 4-28-06, this is all on completly stock motor twin T3s on 7lbs... 8 flat on street tires (245/50/16) with 2.7 60 foots burning off 1st gear, and spinning top of 2nd (http://www.homemadeturbo.com/2006/Drags_4-28-06/Drags_4-28-06_rs.wmv)

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/Mustang/mustang89.jpg

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/Mustang/mustang173.jpg

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/Mustang/mustang137.jpg

I love the fingerprints in the paint and the plate not cut to the right shape;)

Dont start talking unless theres proof.

LonesomeTriZ
05-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Holy *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, lay off before I end up having to close the thread. Go make something ThisVsThat forum and let Louis have his thread back.

:lol: I was starting to forget what this thread was about in the first place. All opinions are welcome. I just don't see the point in bashing some one else for what they are into.

random-strike
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
I love the fingerprints in the paint and the plate not cut to the right shape;)

Dont start talking unless theres proof.

proof of what?

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/CarPix/cm1.jpg

random-strike
05-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I got lucky. I ordered a reverse rotation fan clutch today and had in a few hours. We are waitng or our ginormous luch to settle then we will hit it again when it gets a little cooler. I am so very, very close. I wish I could spend more time (and money) on some of the details I had to pass up this time around. However, when I get to my duty station and I have the money I will begin stage two. Then I can pick up the slack on what I left behind this time around. I can not wait.

My best friend who left for active duty last year had two very inpressive Mustangs Both were older LX models and one was a SHO. The 5 liter had a dead cylinder and we had no idea. it still ran great and very freaking fast. but it was all low end. it seemed like he needed another gear or a go baby go button. Any whay, it is not very polite to call some one else ride garbage. Even gear heads should have a bragging limit. Racers on the other hand are usaully ass holes any way. Until they lose that it. I am not a fan of VW's but I do not know enough about them to offer an oppinion either. Unless you have a lot of knowlegde about them (from experiance) you should not say such things. I have seen a lot of "racers" put in thier place after talking a big game, then getting left at the starting line. just a tought.

there was no SHO mustang, you must be talking about the SVO which was a turbo 2.3t 4 banger.

random-strike
05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=wheelie king]Typical mustang owner. I had a stang 5.0 (heavily modded- ran in low 11s) when I was 17. Got over that "going fast in a straight line and spending a bunch of money" thing before I was 19. I got tired of roasting everyone. That oughta say something. Maturity is a real killer.[QUOTE]

like i said, my stang will out handle most cars, and i bought it pretty much stock for 2900 bucks, and put $400 into a turbo kit and run 11s :)

its totally mild engine, cruises like stock, gets almost 30mpg highway, about 22 city.

i drive it everyday

firefirefire90
05-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Alright mr. Random-strike. We all have different opinions, but when a VW Passat 1.8t can out-accelerate, and outrun a 1991 Mazda RX-7...i think there is something going on. Oh and this was me and my friend..we raced on my street. And ok his was stock except for headers and airfilter...but still, there are some bragging rights right there! Lonesome...man i love those FoxBody 5.0's. I want one so bad! But its just the gas. So what is keeping you from running your powerstroke?

LonesomeTriZ
05-29-2006, 05:31 PM
So what is keeping you from running your powerstroke?

I think I may have it done tonight. I have to work on it at my mothers house. So when I am over here she always has something for me to do. I will most likely be up late tonight again. It will be cool though when I fire this thing up at night and shake some windows. :twisted:

by the way, I did make a mistake. It was an SVO. Very inpressive four cylinder. I knew another guy that jad one in a Ranger that ran it in the mud drags. He ate up all the v-8's he ran. They finally put him in the big block class and still walked the dog. :cool:

random-strike
05-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Alright mr. Random-strike. We all have different opinions, but when a VW Passat 1.8t can out-accelerate, and outrun a 1991 Mazda RX-7...i think there is something going on. Oh and this was me and my friend..we raced on my street. And ok his was stock except for headers and airfilter...but still, there are some bragging rights right there! Lonesome...man i love those FoxBody 5.0's. I want one so bad! But its just the gas. So what is keeping you from running your powerstroke?

NA rx7s are slow slow sloooowwwwwwwww. there is plenty of cars that will out accelerate those things.

there is no bragging rights to beating a na rx7 :) the turbo rx7s are dogs too but not too bad.

the gas mileage on 5.0 stangs arent that bad, depending on how you drive you can get 25-26 mpg highway with them, and probably 18-20 city.

last time i calc'd my mileage it was 28.8 combined. mostly highway, some rippers too :)

random-strike
05-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I think I may have it done tonight. I have to work on it at my mothers house. So when I am over here she always has something for me to do. I will most likely be up late tonight again. It will be cool though when I fire this thing up at night and shake some windows. :twisted:

by the way, I did make a mistake. It was an SVO. Very inpressive four cylinder. I knew another guy that jad one in a Ranger that ran it in the mud drags. He ate up all the v-8's he ran. They finally put him in the big block class and still walked the dog. :cool:

the 2.3t motor is pretty good motor, and they can definatly make some stangs fast and rangers very fast.

but nothing replaces the v8. anything a 2.3 can do a 5.0 or a 7.5 can do better :)

slothminx
05-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Proof that your stang could clean up anythign anyone could throw at it here.

but nothing replaces the v8. anything a 2.3 can do a 5.0 or a 7.5 can do better

Except Gas consumption :lol:

random-strike
05-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Proof that your stang could clean up anythign anyone could throw at it here.
Except Gas consumption :lol:

im going to say this in the nicest way possible.

do you even have a clue?

highly modded high powered 4 bangers get terrible mileage, and use a ton of gas.

and there is many reasons for this and ill explain them if you are interested.

take a look at a porsche, with a 4cyl boxter motor, almost 500hp ~350tq, 14mpg highway. 10ish city

slothminx
05-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Maybe you should look at my post again... and see what I quoted.

firefirefire90
05-29-2006, 07:48 PM
oh..thats cool lonesome...oh and buddy...heh...that RX7 WAS turbo...underestimate a VW..BWAH...so is your's a 7.3 lonesome? Or what?

random-strike
05-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Maybe you should look at my post again... and see what I quoted.

oh i though we were talking about performance.

LonesomeTriZ
05-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I have an old 7.3. The biggest diesel available in a pick up truck. there is a lot of untapped power just waiting to be released.

random-strike
05-29-2006, 07:54 PM
oh..thats cool lonesome...oh and buddy...heh...that RX7 WAS turbo...underestimate a VW..BWAH...so is your's a 7.3 lonesome? Or what?

ohh i see, a turbo motor with headers. a turbo wankle with headers to boot

as i said, the turbo rx7s of that year were pigs too 15 flat cars. woooo

wheelie king
05-30-2006, 01:28 PM
HOw did it go, Louis? Did you finally get it done last night like you hoped? Any problems? HOw bout some :pics: :pics: :pics: of the finished product?

And yes, the SVOs were absolutely killer. One of my co-workers is restoring one right now, and that thing is sick. They are a rare find around here, though.

LonesomeTriZ
05-30-2006, 01:49 PM
I had to end up making a couple fo brackest from scratch. When I feel asleep at the bench grinder standing up, I figured it was time to call it a night. I did not count on any more fabrication. I am going to stop saying when I will get it done. Every time I do, something happens. i just got back from the dentist. When I get feeling back in my mouth and eat luch. I'll hit it again. So close, so very very close...

Those SVO's are very cool. Everyhthing about them is unique. They are a full racing suspenion out of the box. Performance A arms and all. I pushed and pushed my buddy to restore his. But he is hard core function over form. Most have his vehicles have looked like hell. But they were all god awful fast.

random-strike
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
http://www.gt350mustang.com/images/eb003b.jpg

vs.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/jbliss/Mustang/mustang113.jpg

the 2.3t are cool but... comon :)

:TrikesOwn

Billy Golightly
05-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Dude will you PLEASE quit crapping on this guys thread. If you want to talk about V8's vs the world please do it elsewhere, good lord.

random-strike
05-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Dude will you PLEASE quit crapping on this guys thread. If you want to talk about V8's vs the world please do it elsewhere, good lord.

as you can see there is kinda two topics in the thread

Billy Golightly
05-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah I seen that, however there was only one until you started posting in it.

wheelie king
05-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Despite who I ignore, I know what you mean........

Thanks, BILLY!

Louis, Good call. Sleeping at the bench grinder is a BAD thing. I know from experience. Thankfully, I still have all of my appendages!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

LonesomeTriZ
05-30-2006, 09:39 PM
I am taking a break righ tnow. sitting in a hunched position for as long as I have is starting to get to me. I am running all the tubing now and just completed hooking up all the electrical. Once the tubing is done all I will have to do is add the fluids.

wheelie king
05-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Understood. Keep us informed, and gook luck getting all that knocked out. Oh.......ahd if you do not mind- I am a sucker for :pics: :pics: :pics:

LonesomeTriZ
05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I'll see if I can get Melissa to pose nude again.

wheelie king
05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Again? Why? I like the pic I have of her on my desktop just fine!:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Kidding. Good line, though.

You kill me.......:cool:

LonesomeTriZ
05-30-2006, 10:49 PM
I got it done. Now all I have to do is add fluids and fire her up! :w00t: I think I will wait and do that in the morning though. I can honestly say I have had enough for the evening.

random-strike
05-30-2006, 11:06 PM
nice work :)

LonesomeTriZ
05-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks. I am more of a function over form guy. but when I can i like to had soem looks along with my biulds. I wish I could have made the wiring more appealing and have the valve cover powder coated to maych the intakes. But oh well. That will come with stage two. by then, I will be able to afford to add some bling to my thing.

LonesomeTriZ
05-30-2006, 11:15 PM
By the way, can any one nameall the "visual" mods? I know you can not see all that I did. But there are a couple of obvious difference from other truck from that year.

random-strike
05-31-2006, 12:19 AM
i bet the charge pipes love that super hot turbine right next to them :)

id like to get a hold of one of those 2 into 1 pipes. i could use it in reverse to have a really nice merge for my twins

LonesomeTriZ
05-31-2006, 08:42 AM
There are a couple rhings about the way the tubing is ran that I do not like. But considering how big the engine is and how much room I have to work with, I do no tthink I can do much better.

firefirefire90
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
are you going to run a new intercooler?

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I have a Bnaks right now coller on it now. But when I begin my next stage of upgrades I am going tp install a black widow cooler. They are larger and a lot prettier to look at.