PDA

View Full Version : Where/ how to get fireworks??

dizasterzrfun69
05-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Well is there anyplace online you can buy them cheap without a $500 minimum order?? I saw a few places but they didnt have what i was looking for and they wanted you to buy at least $500 worth. Also what does it take to get the permit to buy the good ones and set them off etc....?? I want to have a KICKA** 4th of july this year :w00t: I'm tired of the dealers trying to rip you off and sell you only the expensive stuff.

firefirefire90
05-29-2006, 12:58 AM
itsa place called MEXIO!!!

Howdy
05-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Kevin, Drive down to Ohio on US30. Right at the state line they have a place that sells fireworks. They have a fair selection there. Nothing to big, but more than enough to get you into trouble. lol
Howdy

86tri-z270
05-29-2006, 02:11 AM
well *Edited* can go to south of the boarder... which is on north and south carolina line.... *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* loads of works there man cheap but the good stuff!

wanta250r
05-29-2006, 03:40 AM
There illegal in my town...well, atleast to set them off anyway?

Bryan Raffa
05-29-2006, 10:36 AM
PA got some good shops!

nate b
05-29-2006, 03:46 PM
anybody got any 1/4 or 1/2 sticks for sale?

dizasterzrfun69
05-29-2006, 03:55 PM

I just bought some roman candles that are supposed to have good booms, the guy said they are basically 1/4 sticks.:naughty: i'll find out in about an hour.

dividebyzero
05-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Well is there anyplace online you can buy them cheap without a $500 minimum order?? I saw a few places but they didnt have what i was looking for and they wanted you to buy at least $500 worth. Also what does it take to get the permit to buy the good ones and set them off etc....?? I want to have a KICKA** 4th of july this year :w00t: I'm tired of the dealers trying to rip you off and sell you only the expensive stuff.
Kevin,daputz(tim) and i are going to be making a purchase within the next week for fireworks for TF.He doesn't have the REALLY big stuff,but some good ones.I get them for cost.If you want,i can pick some up for ya and you can just pay me at TF if you want.Were probably only gonna get fireworks for one night this year.

dizasterzrfun69
05-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Kevin,daputz(tim) and i are going to be making a purchase within the next week for fireworks for TF.He doesn't have the REALLY big stuff,but some good ones.I get them for cost.If you want,i can pick some up for ya and you can just pay me at TF if you want.Were probably only gonna get fireworks for one night this year.

Well i dont know exactly what i want or how much im going to spend. Last year i got a bunch of (i think 2 inch) cheap "festival balls" , used cannon fuse to connect all the wicks and set up a decent display. This year i'd like to get some doubles, triples, maybe even a few quads to set off in the mix somewhere. What kind of prices are there on the mortors? I'm not sure what all you can get but i do like the "1 inch mini thunders" just because they are loud and i also like the "flashing strobe rockets" in a RED box, not the green box. The green box's are parachutes and they suck :lol: Let me know if you can get the mini thunders or the flashing strobe rockets and if so how much they run. Also check out the canister shells (mortors) and see what the best deal is. Also see what the LOUDEST fireworks cost. The neighbors always try to compete with em and i want to blow there socks off. I'd like to keep it around $100 maybe $150 max.

Kevin

Bryan Raffa
05-29-2006, 06:11 PM
I got full sticks for well drilling but there not for sale..:naughty:
my brother blew up the end of the dock a few years ago, nothing but tooth picks left!!!:lol: :lol:

dizasterzrfun69
05-29-2006, 06:27 PM
I got full sticks for well drilling but there not for sale..:naughty:
my brother blew up the end of the dock a few years ago, nothing but tooth picks left!!!:lol: :lol:

so if you wont sell them....... what do you want to trade them for? :lol: :lol: i'm sure it would be fun to have if you were someplace where you could really enjoy it and be safe at the same time. What does that stuff cost to actually buy if you got all the legal mumbo jumbo taken care of? (dont worry, im not going to try and get a steady stream of dynamite going through my hands) Just curious.

dz
05-29-2006, 07:03 PM
http://www.patrioticfireworks.com/

dividebyzero
05-31-2006, 09:22 AM
I will pick up some extras and you can take a look at them.Last year i brought some 5 break and 6 break ones.I get them for his price,but most of them come in large amounts unfortuneately.

Somekindofjerk
05-31-2006, 09:35 AM
PA has some really really good shops to buy fireworks. MO has some crazy good shops too.

ATC crazy
05-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Tennessee has some great fireworks. Some place out there, you can buy a wooden ammo crate full of the good stuff.

Xowner
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Were probably only gonna get fireworks for one night this year.

hahaha just dont kick them in the fire right before the police pull up LMAO

chris200x
05-31-2006, 04:26 PM
I'd like to know where in Pa. those "good shops" are? :wondering We usually get the 12-25 3 inch shot cakes or the 3 inch rockets, but got most of them takin off us last year by the police. Along with a freind or two that took a ride in the cruiser. That kinda stuff isn't legal here unless you have a license. :naughty: This year I'm stickin to snakes and sparklers.

Somekindofjerk
05-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Sky King Fireworks
12261 East Main Rd.
Northeast PA 16428

Couchy
05-31-2006, 07:48 PM
www.phantomfireworks.com

That's a good place, there's a few shops around. I live in PA, so most of the good stuff is banned, but we live in a remote part where you don't get in trouble.

Just a warning, if you stop in the shop and have a PA liscense, you won't be allowed to enter because of PA's firework ban. We always have our cousin from Virginia get them on his way up here, or get someone who gets them from warehouses for cost.

My favorites are mortars, definently awesome.

nate b
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
anybody know how to detonate primer cord? I've got about 20 ft of this stuff but I cant seem to get it to go off? I've tried fire and taping firecrackers to it, do I need a m-80 or something.

Somekindofjerk
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Electrical shock, grill sparker, old stick lighter, maybe a car bat?

erectordale
05-31-2006, 11:19 PM
PLease be careful guys sounds like a blast lol

Bryan Raffa
05-31-2006, 11:51 PM
so if you wont sell them....... what do you want to trade them for? :lol: :lol: i'm sure it would be fun to have if you were someplace where you could really enjoy it and be safe at the same time. What does that stuff cost to actually buy if you got all the legal mumbo jumbo taken care of? (dont worry, im not going to try and get a steady stream of dynamite going through my hands) Just curious.

my buddy is a well driller he gives me them once and a wile.I dont like to hang on them too long in fear of them turning to nitro! hes got a dynamite shack at his house in the ground..we once tied 6 sticks to a old oak tree that was 4 foot around and it blew 8 foot of the tree away and moved the hole tree up in the air! LOL after 9-11 i wouldnt take the chance traveling with it!! As if it wasnt for bad luck i would have no luck at all..:lol:

dizasterzrfun69
06-01-2006, 12:51 AM
anybody know how to detonate primer cord? I've got about 20 ft of this stuff but I cant seem to get it to go off? I've tried fire and taping firecrackers to it, do I need a m-80 or something.

well please let me know if you figure it out. I have a bunch of det-cord ( i think its the same as what you have) i got from my brother in law thats in the military. I've tried fire-crackers, open flame, BIG "fire crackers" (m-80's basically), i've even tried a model rocket igniter with no luck. I heard that if you hti it with a hammer it will blow but i sure as hell aint trying it. :lol:

TECATE CRAZE
06-01-2006, 01:31 AM
I live right on I 95 In the State of Delaware ...and a Good friend of mine just landed a good job down in Miami FL ... he comes back home every couple months ...he drive up I 95 to come home and I have him stop at south of the border I-95- *Edited*.S 301-501 South Carolina, 29547 843.774.2411 they sell all kinds of fireworks... they package up diffrent $ amounts of fireworks I have him buy me the $100 package ... here is the website http://www.pedroland.com/index.htm

xd 200x
06-01-2006, 11:52 PM
det-cord ok im not telling you how to do it on an open board all i can tell you is dont mess with it. Im a 12b and i have to work with that crap all the time. Dont screw with it. you "will " end up getting 1. hurt or 2. arested. stick to snakes and bottle rockets.

Now if you want fun take a 40lbs cratoring charge and slap some c-4 on the side string your mdi and pop it. talk about a big freaking boom