PDA

View Full Version : 300ex pipe/tires???

Honda300ex
03-24-2003, 06:17 PM
What rear tires should i get for my 300ex I want some with some tread, i ride gravel roads mostly and the acalsanal (sp?) woods and sand at my friends house, I was thinking Bandits or Fast trekkers or Those new Kendra Claws. Also what pipe do you think would be the best bang 4 the buck?? :?:

balelorf
03-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Not sure how well they will work on gravel, but I've looked at the Maxxis Razr's and heard good things about them out on the local MX track, which is actually very sandy/loamy in places and fairly hard pack in others. Couple of guys run them out here and like them really well.

200xman
03-24-2003, 08:38 PM
I have 20x10x9 Fast Trekkers on the back of my 1986 200x and they do great in sand,dirt and snow. They also made it a lot more stable since they have such a flat profile and are pretty cheap to boot.

Honda300ex
03-24-2003, 08:52 PM
I was thinking of Fast trekkers, I will not get Razors my friend has them on his blaster adn they really suck from what i have heard

Honda300ex
03-26-2003, 06:06 PM
How good is a cobra pipe????

Cheese
03-27-2003, 09:30 AM
I used to run Kenda Rampage. All around good tire. Its a very hard tire, not much traction on bigger rocks but very good mud tire and for riding creek beds. If my tires were wet I could do donutes on the road and not even come close to rolling. I only ran about 1psi in them because they are so hard.

TimSr
03-27-2003, 10:17 AM
No tire does it all, but as a general rule, hard flat profile tires work better on hardpack dirt and gravel surfaces, and also last longer on them. Softer rounded profile tires perform much better in mud, snow, sand, and woods riding, but do not powerslide well, or last nearly as long riding gravel roads. My solution has always been a set of each on rims to be changed depending upon where you will be riding.

ATC crazy
03-27-2003, 05:10 PM
Razar's suck...they wear out in about 6 months. Get some Holeshot XCT's and a WhiteBrothers E-Series pipe. Best tires and pipe I've ever ridden with.

Wickedfinger
03-31-2003, 05:51 PM
You should deffinately check out the Pro-circuit T-4 pipe as well, I ve got one on my 250X and it made a nice difference - well made and got a terrific write up in Dirt wheels as well. Don't go too aggressive with the tread on the tires - that 300ex engine is not a real power monster - I would recommend The XC (harder compound) version of Holeshots or All Traks but nothing with a deaper tread. I wouldn't put a 20" tire on it either with out going up a tooth on the countershaft sprocket, stick with 22" or you will loose too much top speed. Stay away from Fast trekkers. I had a set of them on my 400L and they were the worst tire I ever rode on - way too soft a compound. If you ride near any gravel or rocks they will chew them up and leave them for dead within 6 months.

Honda300ex
04-06-2003, 09:21 PM
I am gonna get a T-4 pipe and either all traks, or realitors for it. Tires first b/c i have not tread (to many burn outs and street dounuts) think they would be a good chose????