PDA

View Full Version : Congress Bars Funeral Protesters

69HemiGTX
06-01-2006, 10:43 AM
OK y'all, let's keep the replies to this one clean because it truly is a loaded gun.

All I can say is thank you, Congress. I wrote my Congressman just yesterday, and it makes me proud to know he voted to support this bill. :beer

Congress Bars Funeral Protesters (http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,98546,00.html?ESRC=army-a.nl)

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Oustanding. I love seeing some one finally taking a stand on this. I thought I was going to have to organize some drive buys if it kept up.

ATCWRENCH
06-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't feel it's right to protest at someones funeral, regardless what the circumstances are. Thats someones family member that they loved and cared for.

I know this is gonna step on someones toes but if you look back in history you will see that religion has killed more people than any combination of plagues and diseases. We did not want war to begin with. They wanted war cuz "God" said we were in a place that we shouldnt have been. In my opinion if its dirt and you can step on it, anyone has a right to be there.

LonesomeTriZ
06-01-2006, 11:44 AM
This was my letter I just sent.

"If people wish to protest for what ever reason they should have that
right to do so, but some where else other than a funeral for a fallen
service member. This causes extreme pain and adds to the suffering of the
family. Freedom of speech is one thing. But when it directly hurts others,
it becomes wrong, morally and legally. These protests are set up for
nothing more than a disruption and to hurt those who have already suffered
enough. I support any and all action taken to stop this sort of trampling
on the sacrifice made by our heroes."

69HemiGTX
06-01-2006, 09:13 PM
I posted the same thread on a Mopar site that I am on a lot, and as usual, it turned into a big debate and got locked. Lonesome, I guess you and I have a different perspective than most others because we are service members, and these idiots could one day disrupt our own funerals (God forbid). The only thing bad about the bill is that it only protects national cemeteries, not local ones, so these morons will undoubtedly focus on the private cemeteries much more. I know one thing, if I fall in combat, it will be in my will that anyone protesting my funeral be beaten with a bat. Legal or not, that's the kind of treatment they deserve because of their treatment of those who have sacrificed everything to protect the rights of everyone in America, even them.

smokinwrench
06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
They have protested in our area 3-4 times already. I think it is a disgrace that they protest, it is because of them soldiers that they have the right to protest.

The Patriot Guard has shown up to every soldiers funeral in this area to disrupt the protestors.

LonesomeTriZ
06-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I am still in disbelief that no has organized a beat down for these people. Wrong or not, I know the mentaltiy of people in groups. I was fully expecting to read about a van pulling up to one of their protect and a bunch of guys with high and tights jump out, stomp the crap out of these pricks, then drive off in a hurry. I know it is illegal and maybe even wrong to do that. but like I said, this can cut a service member to the heart quick. I agree with you GTX, it looks as though only those who serve understand how devastating this sort of thing can be.