PDA

View Full Version : Ford Diesel lovers rejoice!!!

250r'en +TCB
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Next year Ford claims that their 6.0L is going to put out roughly 400hp STOCK!!!! It puts out 363hp now and those trucks go very good! 400 ponies stock, with an aftermarket pipe and chip think what you could get!!!:w00t: Like I said in a previous thread I would kill to have them make something like a 3.5L turbo diesel ford ranger!!!!
Someday when I'm not 16 and I have $$$ I'll be riding in an F-250 DIESEL!!!!:naughty: :w00t: :beer
-Devin

Tri-ZNate
06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
And Ford now hgas the contract with Cummings right? Either way 40 horses stock is inpressive. and if you want a small diesel "ranger" type truck look up a volkswagon Diesel. Rabbit pickup

OldSchoolin86
06-02-2006, 07:03 PM
It's a real shame IMO about the rangers. Ford makes them in quad cab models with diesel engines for other countries!

This new Diesel for the super duties, is it the new 6.4?

OldSchoolin86
06-02-2006, 07:11 PM
And Ford now hgas the contract with Cummings right? Either way 40 horses stock is inpressive. and if you want a small diesel "ranger" type truck look up a volkswagon Diesel. Rabbit pickup
The have too big of a stake in Navistar to be doing contracts with Cummings.

Tri-ZNate
06-02-2006, 07:26 PM
I thought the contract between Dodge and Cummings expired and Cummings signed with Ford?

OldSchoolin86
06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
I thought the contract between Dodge and Cummings expired and Cummings signed with Ford?
As far as I know they still have a couple years with Dodge. Dodge is considering a Mercedes diesel engine when the contract is up. That's not a bad thing either, I think that will be a fine engine too. As far as Ford buying Cummins I think it's just rumor but I'm only right half the time, lol. I would change my mind real quick if I saw an article on it. Something that big would have been published some where.

Billy Golightly
06-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Ford does not own any part of Cummins and as far as I know at this time Dodge/Cummins have a special agreement together that doesnt expire till like 2012 or somethin.

jason85atc250r
06-02-2006, 09:59 PM
ford made a diesel ranger in the early 80's

ATC crazy
06-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Ford does not own any part of Cummins and as far as I know at this time Dodge/Cummins have a special agreement together that doesnt expire till like 2012 or somethin.

Yup :cool:

Ford is doing away with the 6.0, in favor of their new 6.4. That's why it's getting more power.

69HemiGTX
06-04-2006, 11:07 AM

Very true. I wish all these Ford/Cummins rumors would stop. It ain't gonna happen people. As for the new Ford, look at my user name and tell me what I would pick. For those who can't figure it out, I'll choose a Cummins any day. :p

3peeler
06-05-2006, 10:35 PM
the reason the rumor keeps going and all the ford guys want dodge to loose cummins is because they know its the best diesel available and they cant admit that so they want it to go away so the ford stuff can stand a chance not saying that the others are no good just not as good in my opinion an inline engine will always outlast a v8 or any v engine thats proven just look at the 300 6 banger they run forever by the way fords been gonna get cummins "next year" since doge started using them i just think its funny how ford guys cant wait for ford to get cummins but they insist that thier stokers are so much better blah blah blah

ATC crazy
06-07-2006, 11:50 AM
I'll choose a Cummins any day. :p

So do I....but I dont want the other crap that comes with it ;) :D

bigredhead
06-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Man.. they just keep making those suckers like fuel was going to be available for ever..

If you are hauling a serious trailer and need a big motor.. then sure. you need it.

but how many guys will buy this thing and put a bunch of groceries in the back.. lol...

mywifeknowseverything
06-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I have an 05 F250 PSD with the 6.0.....Damn thing hasnt even GRUNTED yet...I haul this thing whenever I can....
http://images1.snapfish.com/346%3C96%3A45%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3B%3A4%3D964 %3DXROQDF%3E23242463532%3B%3Bot1lsi

Old Picture but you get the Idea....When we leave now....2 Quads and 3 Trikes....FULL of Food Gas, Water, Propane.......ETC.....
http://images1.snapfish.com/346%3C96%3A45%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3B%3A4%3D964 %3DXROQDF%3E232424635%3C933ot1lsi

Best Purchase I have Made Thus Far.....:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

250r'en +TCB
06-08-2006, 05:42 AM
Like I said, if I could have afforded an F-250 6.0L I would have got one. Or they made a diesel Ranger size truck!

Diesels last WAY longer, have WAY more torque and you never have to change a single spark plug! The disadvanteges are they cost more (a little too much I nthink) and they are more to work on (agian too much). Oh and if you are a pansy they are "too noisy" as well. hahaha I love the sound of a catapilar diesel!!! Ford should put cat 6 banger in their trucks!!! :w00t:

nate b
06-08-2006, 06:39 PM
save your self 5,000 bucks and get a v-10 gasser. I've got 102,000 on it with stock sparkplugs, havnt touched a thing on the motor other than the drain plug and oil filter. I'm still getting 13-14 mpg. If anybody gets a chance to drive a new one, it is worth it. And when my motor does wear out at probably 275,000 miles I can buy a new crate motor for half of what I would have spent originaly on a diesel. Dont get me wrong I love the 7.3 powerstroke but the 6.0 is still junk

Air-cooled-R
06-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Well I prefer a Duramax myself

250r'en +TCB
06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
save your self 5,000 bucks and get a v-10 gasser. I've got 102,000 on it with stock sparkplugs, havnt touched a thing on the motor other than the drain plug and oil filter. I'm still getting 13-14 mpg. If anybody gets a chance to drive a new one, it is worth it. And when my motor does wear out at probably 275,000 miles I can buy a new crate motor for half of what I would have spent originaly on a diesel. Dont get me wrong I love the 7.3 powerstroke but the 6.0 is still junk
why on earth would you buy a v-10???? Just driving down the road every day it is a huge waste of power, and gas! Some people say they get it because they tow stuff, if you want to tow stuff you want torque, if you want torque you want a diesel!!! The 6.0L's torque is far higher than the v-10's!!! I saw somebody with a duelly v-10!?!?! WTF??? You get a dually to have more towing capacity, a gas engine is never going to be able to compete with a diesel for towing power so what gives??? A Dually gasoline truck, that's kind of an oxymoron...... Anyone see what I'm getting at hear??

I do agree that diesels are more expensive than they really should be, But for $5,000 more you get an engine with almost twice the life span and almost double the torque, I'll pay the $5K myself....... If your intention is to tow things, why would you buy a gas truck???

-Devin

nate b
06-09-2006, 09:35 PM
dude both the v-10 and the 6.0 have more than enough power to pull more than the max towing capacity of the truck. Good luck finding a 6.0 that will last twice as long without touching it. The v-10 is a overhead cam motor that has no lifters or pushrods to wear out and also has 6 main bearings with 6 bolt mains. It also produces almost 50 more hp than the diesel and 457 ft lbs of torque, if you are pushing double that you must be running a 3208 cat and not a powerstroke. Then there is the awesome sound of a v-10 with duals roaring at 5,500 rpm. Go talk to some of the techs at the dealers and not the salesman. If you are not towing 15,000- 19,000 lbs on a daily basis your a fool to pass on the v-10.

IrvSLedman
06-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah, i deff wouldnt knock the V-10, im no expert but iv gone for diesel Mech for 2 years, and next year im going to Ohio Tech for Diesel for 2 more years, and from what i have seen powerstrokes are junk, their all top end, if you really wanna pull somthing get a cummins, and the fuel thing, thats not so much a problem any more, we had a 10 liter cummings that runs on veggie oil, just filter it through paint filters. and besides the power storke has and extremely annoying tick to em, and sound like a baby vespa through stacks. ford shoulda stuck with internationals. But i am personally a Duramax fan, i know they dont have as much power as the cummings but at least its not in a ford!!!

Russell 350X
06-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Yea, screw the Powerstroke, they are junk. The 6.0 sounds like it is knocking all the time, and they are all speed, not the torque of a Cummins. The Duramax is a OK motor, not great. The Cummins is by far the best diesel engine out there, no matter what field of work it is in. Ford did good when they had the 7.3 and the 6.9 International, but these new 6.0 and 6.4 are junk IMO, thats my 2cents.

OldSchoolin86
06-11-2006, 07:07 PM
why on earth would you buy a v-10???? Just driving down the road every day it is a huge waste of power, and gas! Some people say they get it because they tow stuff, if you want to tow stuff you want torque, if you want torque you want a diesel!!! The 6.0L's torque is far higher than the v-10's!!! I saw somebody with a duelly v-10!?!?! WTF??? You get a dually to have more towing capacity, a gas engine is never going to be able to compete with a diesel for towing power so what gives??? A Dually gasoline truck, that's kind of an oxymoron...... Anyone see what I'm getting at hear??

I do agree that diesels are more expensive than they really should be, But for $5,000 more you get an engine with almost twice the life span and almost double the torque, I'll pay the $5K myself....... If your intention is to tow things, why would you buy a gas truck???

-Devin
You're all on your own again here buddy. Sounds like you have one hell of a stong opinion on something you obviously know little about.

250r'en +TCB
06-11-2006, 07:43 PM
You're all on your own again here buddy. Sounds like you have one hell of a stong opinion on something you obviously know little about.
Dosn't even phase me anymore.......:lol:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/superduty/features/specs/

^^all the info is on that page just scroll down

The v10 puts out 457@3,250 an the 6.0L puts out 570@2,000 .... So that would be 113lbs of torque more right???? Obviously I was exacgerating when I said double, jesus I'll try and be more precise from now on so nobody has anymore hissy fits over it..........

twgranger
06-11-2006, 09:37 PM
You're all on your own again here buddy. Sounds like you have one hell of a stong opinion on something you obviously know little about. I have seen that in a few of his posts.:lol:

Rm250RF900R
06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
ill just stick with the 351 because it just keeps on going. Muahahah who needs a "v10 or a cummins" :beer

86tri-z270
06-11-2006, 10:52 PM
if you drive a ford you drive the best , ride a mile then push the rest...
my philosophy on buying new trucks.... fords belong in 1 place... HELL!

grundlegrabber
06-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Diesel engines are much more efficient than gasoline engines. I personally don't see the point in building v10 gas engines when a diesel will do the job better. A friend of mine has a 99 (I think) F250 diesel. Has 120K on the clock. Motor stil runs nice, but if any of you are thinking about buying one of these with miles on it, you should know about injector failure. He had 3 injectors go bad, and they are extremely expensive to replace. Cost over $1000 to replace 3 injectors- still 5 more to go! The turbo is getting weak too. He doesn't do any heavy hauling with it, jut a few quads occasionally. If I were gonna buy a new one, I'm sort of keen on the Duramax, paired with the Allison auto on a 4X4. If only I had 50 grand to blow! Also thought about one of those diesel sprinter vans, might make a good bike hauler.

ATC crazy
06-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, i deff wouldnt knock the V-10, im no expert but iv gone for diesel Mech for 2 years, and next year im going to Ohio Tech for Diesel for 2 more years, and from what i have seen powerstrokes are junk, their all top end, if you really wanna pull somthing get a cummins, and the fuel thing, thats not so much a problem any more, we had a 10 liter cummings that runs on veggie oil, just filter it through paint filters. and besides the power storke has and extremely annoying tick to em, and sound like a baby vespa through stacks. [b]ford shoulda stuck with internationals.[/i] But i am personally a Duramax fan, i know they dont have as much power as the cummings but at least its not in a ford!!!

Ford is still with them. International built the 6.0 and 6.4.....not Ford