PDA

View Full Version : Bare Knee pic ( not for the weak )...

Howdy
06-04-2006, 06:22 PM
For all that don't know I had knee surgery last Thursday and am VERY questionable to be at Trikefest ( I will be there in spirit at least ). The surgery was to remove part of the torn medial miscus. While in there they found a problem with the ACL and repaired it as well. I have been dealing with extreme pain for the past 3 days.

Today we changing the dressing on my knee ( 3 hours ago ). You can see the tube that runs into my knee. This was for a automatic drip that put some pain medicine directly into the joint. That medince ran out today. They instructed us to pull the tube as soon as it ran out. So we pulled the tube, and pulled, and pulled. There was at least 6 inches of tubing into my knee / Joint. Luckily I had taken 2 Vicoden 15-20 minutes before we pulled the tube. But even with the Pain pills I was in extreme pain during the tube removal proccess.

Hopefully the picture will help everyone understand if I can't make it to Trikefest this year. The only good news is that since the tube has been removed and the dressing changed, I haven't had quite the amount of pain I had before. Also, I have been able to put some pressure on that leg while trying to get around. This is Good! But I'm still a long way away from being able to handle the trip to Haspin / Trikefest. Day by Day.

Howdy

chris200x
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
YIKES!!! :eek: Man that is gross... :cool: I must have missed it somewhere but what the heck happened?

slothminx
06-04-2006, 06:40 PM
OUCH! man, I hope you have a speedy recovery from that. And most of all I hope you get to cruise on the P3 for a little while. I have juvenile arthritus in my knees which is a bit of a pain heh.

Howdy
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
YIKES!!! :eek: Man that is gross... :cool: I must have missed it somewhere but what the heck happened?

I don't know what I did to hurt it initially. But I do know that droping my self 3 1/2 - 4' onto concrete ( shop ), and trying to keep up with John Swineharts extreme riding at Haspin did some damage as well. I don't think think the bailing of over 1700 bales of hay early last week helped either. lol
Howdy

ScottZJ
06-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Been there done that and I know its PAIN. I feel for ya man and pray that you get a speedy recovery. Dont try to rush it man cuz there will be plenty of pics and vids for you to enjoy. Hope you get better..........peace

smackkk
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Yup! That knee looks ahhhh, like it might hurt. in 2000 I wrecked my XR250R and fell about 15 feet. Me (285 lbs.) and the bike (250 ibs.) came down on my left leg breaking my tibia off at my knee, and splitting my knee joint in half. I also, in the process tore my, acl,mcl,lcl,pcl,and tore both of my miniscus. I was shipped to the Elvis Pressley Trauma Center, in the Regional Medical Center At Memphis Tennessee. This is a level ONE trauma where they assesed my condition and tried to decide if I was going to get to keep my leg. I had to wait 3 days with ice water circulating machines on my keg to bring the swelling down before I had surgery. I finally got to have surgery (6) hours to rebuild and throw away anything that was no hood in my knee. I came out ok I guess. I have no mcl, or lcl. My Acl is dead, and i now have such knee problems that my knee isin't even a candidate for any more surgeries of any kind, unless its a partial knee replacement, until I can get a full knee repkacement. I wore an orbital external fixation device called a halo. I wore it for 6 months. I now have degenerative arthritis eating my knee joints away, and I was recently rold that I may not be able to walk in another 2-3 years. I have had around 4 ACL alograph (cadaver acl) since my accident. now there is notheing else to do. i have had, cortisone injections,suparts,synvisc,and wear full time bracing when it isin't too hot. So I know where your at HOWDY. Just hope you don't have to go where I have been and end up where I am at. Good Luck...and...Get Well Soon...Stephen

03 ORANGE SHEE
06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
hope you feel better, if you dont come , let hagen drive the trike car from your house to haspin, im sure he wont draw any attention at all:D , if he does get popped, just tell him to tell the cop this is what we drive over there:lol:

edog
06-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear that Howdy.Hope you get better soon.

OldManDM
06-04-2006, 11:20 PM
yea,knee probs are no fun at all...i have a partially torn acl in my left knee from playing paintball that my surgeon who put titanium rods in my back 8 years ago said he didn`t want to operate on the knee unless i insisted...not being too keen on being cut open,i opted out and had to do some rehab instead and have a brace i wear when i plan on any kind of long periods of walking or doing anything strenous...anyway,take care,rest,and get well soon Howdy!

69HemiGTX
06-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Awesome. Wonderful. :rolleyes: I will more than likely have to endure something very similar in the future. I have Condromalacia, and my knees sound like popcorn when I go up stairs. Call me crazy, but I waived my permanent profile so that my medical packet wouldn't get rejected by the flight surgeon at Ft. Rucker and I can possibly get into flight school. I know one thing, if I'm accepted, the day I graduate as a pilot, I'm going to the TMC with my MRIs and demanding they give me my profile back. :lol: :crazy:

jason 32
06-05-2006, 01:06 AM
hi im new ,and wanted to say sorry hope you get better soon!!
dont loose hope!! ,that is'nt nothing compared to my foot!!!
no im not bustin you chops -my foot was tore off at the ankle and was dangleing
,muscel and tendons still attatched ,outer ankle bone crushed,severe!!! damage to the cartilage ,now i have screws and a plate .
pain every day!! still ride!!! thank you jesus
i wish i had the er pictures ,they were goin to cut my leg off
getting better every day --that was 2 .5 years ago!!!!!
get beter ,best wishes ,happy riding---jason

jason 32
06-05-2006, 01:07 AM
hi im new ,and wanted to say sorry hope you get better soon!!
dont loose hope!! ,that is'nt nothing compared to my foot!!!
no im not bustin you chops -my foot was tore off at the ankle and was dangleing
,muscel and tendons still attatched ,outer ankle bone crushed,severe!!! damage to the cartilage ,now i have screws and a plate .
pain every day!! still ride!!! thank you jesus
i wish i had the er pictures ,they were goin to cut my leg off
getting better every day --that was 2 .5 years ago!!!!!
get beter ,best wishes ,happy riding---jason

rdnkoutlawinca
06-05-2006, 01:39 AM
I hope you have a fast recovery. I was out of action for 5 years with my back...don't do like I did....LISTEN to the doc....best wishes and hope to see ya back in the saddle again soon!

200x Basket
06-05-2006, 05:04 AM
hope you heal fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

r00sty
06-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Gonna miss ya old man, slap that 7 foot ape around for me!!! WB Hagen... :beer

atctim
06-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Get well soon Howdy - we'll all miss you at TF06 - but will see you at TF07.

Is Hagen coming to TF???????

erectordale
06-05-2006, 09:06 AM
get well bro if you do want too stop down at the fest call my cell and I will come pick you up iin the truck where you can stretch it out

Banage
06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
hope it feels better soon, happy healing

GreenBoy
06-05-2006, 10:05 AM
You guys should know Howdy better.....
Right now I'm at his place and as long as his head is still on hid shoulders this crazy old man will try everything to be at TF and if it's only for a few hours !!!

@r00sty : Hey bro,this is the 7 foot ape :twisted: you better move your fat ass to Haspin pretty soon and get some ribs on the grill !!! CYA there :beer

Howdy
06-05-2006, 10:49 AM
You guys should know Howdy better.....
Right now I'm at his place and as long as his head is still on hid shoulders this crazy old man will try everything to be at TF and if it's only for a few hours !!!

@r00sty : Hey bro,this is the 7 foot ape :twisted: you better move your fat ass to Haspin pretty soon and get some ribs on the grill !!! CYA there :beer

I leave the house for physical therapy this morning and come back to find replies like this. lol

Yes, I am doing everything in my power to be at TF06. But as stated before it's a day to day ordeal. I am putting my health first.
Howdy

ClayW
06-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Get to feeling better man. I know its not fun.

Cody
06-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Jesus, our brother Howdy recently had a knee operation, he is in a alot of pain. He is really hoping to go to the trip to TF but he isnt sure if he will be able to. So in Jesus's allmighty power of healing, please heal Howdy. Amen in Jesus's name of nazereth.

Rm250RF900R
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Jesus, our brother Howdy recently had a knee operation, he is in a alot of pain. He is really hoping to go to the trip to TF but he isnt sure if he will be able to. So in Jesus's allmighty power of healing, please heal Howdy. Amen in Jesus's name of nazereth.

:crazy: :crazy: .. Yeah but anyways, hope you heal fast howdy :beer

Howdy
06-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am trying to get everything for TF ready so I can get it to Haspin/TF. Doing this isn't helping me rest my knee, but it has to get done. If Not I would be letting a lot of people down. I vowel to NOT let you guys down.

Anyway, My knee does swell up while I get around. The swelling gets bad enough that it progresses to my ankle. Hagen isn't happy with the way my ankle looks. I have a few pictures of it. Do you think I should be concerned?
lol
Howdy

P.S. I tell Hagen a man has to do what a man has to do. Push onward and ignore the pain. ;)

erectordale
06-06-2006, 12:31 AM
That ankle swelling is not a good thing watch it closely

hrc85250r
06-06-2006, 12:47 PM
one time, like 7 years ago, my dad shot himself directly into his kneecap with a framing nailer with 16's in it, it went all the way in, it didnt poke out, but you could see where the end of the nail was poking into the skin from the inside. the worst thing was he was on top of a 20' ladder and he couldnt move his leg cause it was nailed together. when he got to the hospital, and this is no *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, they had to get a set of vice grips from the maintenance guy to pull it out, they sterilized it first, but it was still crazy...he had a drainage bag attached to his knee for a day, but after that he just went back to work...

ScottZJ
06-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I am bringing a couple bottles of pain killers that are slated for pumper (knowing the way he is haha) but you are more than welcome to take some if you need extras. Whatever you do man, DONT injure that sucker again.....stay light on your toes hehe.

Bryan Raffa
06-06-2006, 10:31 PM
sexey leg there howdy!;) get well soon!!! too bad we couldnt set you up with a live web cam!!!!! man the battle ship wile the troops are war!!!:lol:

New2ATC
06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Hope you make a speedy recovery Howdy..

Howdy
06-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks for all the prayers, kind words, ect. It's users like you guys and gals that are keeping my spirits up!!!

I won't say how I am doing ( update tomorrow afternoon coming!! ). But I will say I have impressed myself and many others today.

I have physical therapy tomorrow at 3 PM. I am pretty sure they will be happy with the all the progress I have achieved since Monday. Hopefully I will be able to have achevied their goals for me this week. If I have There is a chance that they will allow me to cancel Friday's appointment. If I can get the Friday Appointment cancelled, then TF could be a VERY GOOD possibility for me.

I will update this as soon as I get home from there tomorrow ( 4 PM-ish ). I am stoked!!!
Howdy