PDA

View Full Version : Misrep ?.. Questions about won auction

short4stuff
06-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I won this http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4637902831 seems like a sweet deal... but I recieved it today .. it states new in the auction .. the problem is that the rod piston pin hole seems to have scratches / bures in it.. and also two burnt spots... almost as if it were used and run low on oil... its a vesrah rod. atleast thats what the box says... anyways maybe its just a factory defect but it was stated in the auction.. what would you do?.. It didnt cost me much.. I could probably still run it and it would probably be fine.

Another thing is shipping.. charged 16.00 to ship actual cost was 4.85...

Anyone?
I havent contacted the seller yet.

wanta250r
06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
This is what it says in the Seller's payment instructions:

"NO RETURNS.Unless I error in packing or shipping,If my fault I,ll accept return."

Maybe you can get a refund?

short4stuff
06-05-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah but he will give me the auction price only .. which is 9.99 .. so i ship to back to him .. and get like 10$ back.. that covers shipping it back only .. so pretty much i am out the 29.00$ i paid for it and have nothing.
rright?

jason 32
06-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I won this http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4637902831 seems like a sweet deal... but I recieved it today .. it states new in the auction .. the problem is that the rod piston pin hole seems to have scratches / bures in it.. and also two burnt spots... almost as if it were used and run low on oil... its a vesrah rod. atleast thats what the box says... anyways maybe its just a factory defect but it was stated in the auction.. what would you do?.. It didnt cost me much.. I could probably still run it and it would probably be fine.

Another thing is shipping.. charged 16.00 to ship actual cost was 4.85...

Anyone?
I havent contacted the seller yet.

hi, it looks used
does it smell like it has been used? ( burnt oil)
does it feel worn out or in good shape? it looks ok but i dont have it in my hands
yea he said it was new!! i would at least con front hi about it
and then tell ebay
the berring looks used too!! black and scuff marks ?
always check shipping before bidding !!!,i am bidding on tires and shipping is 45.00!!! that pisses me off,ups charges 8.00! where is the rest going!!!!
good luck:welcome:

200x Basket
06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
the last set of tires that i shipped cost me $38 through UPS. there is no way he is shipping them for $8.

short4stuff
06-06-2006, 08:33 AM
hi, it looks used
does it smell like it has been used? ( burnt oil)
does it feel worn out or in good shape? it looks ok but i dont have it in my hands
yea he said it was new!! i would at least con front hi about it
and then tell ebay
the berring looks used too!! black and scuff marks ?

The rod looks new.. doesnt seem worn out or smell used.. It's almost like a factory defect I am thinking... but he forgot to mention it...
The rod has 427 on the side... i have a crank that has a rod that says 427 .. is that stock numbers?
I have another rod that has something different on it .. and its suppose to be a "hotrod" ... anyone know the stock number and the versrah # ?

Howdy
06-06-2006, 09:38 AM
I would take some good quality pictures of the suspected problem area and then email him with your concern. This would help you show him what your talking about.

I admit I do charge a $1.25 -$2.50 Handling fee ( per package ) in my auctions. But this goes to pay for supplies and my hired help for shipping. IMO, Charging $10 over postage cost is a little high. It's like he is avoiding ebay fees. But normally ebay won't do squat about it.

Howdy

OldSchoolin86
06-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I won't buy something from ebay unless I know what shipping is and with a calculator there to use I would just let that issue go. You should have known you were getting hosed before you bought it. You accepted this when you bid on the item. I do agree with Howdy that this was too much overcharge but you did agree to pay it.

Now $10 for what you got doesn't sound too bad but if you really think you got hosed then leave him negative feedback and look for another one.

short4stuff
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
here's a picture of the wristpin hole...

short4stuff
06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
I sent him the picture and this is what he said

"Christ, The blue color you are showing me are the manufacture processing. No worries are needed. It,s new and OK. If you are unhappy with this item return it and I will refund the $12.45 purchase price.No shipping moneys. If you are near a dealer they will agree with me. Let me know Chris."

I am gonna say screw it and use the rod bearing and main pin only I guess...

but what do you guys think?>