PDA

View Full Version : I HATE COMPUTERS!! Qwk help with IE PLZ..

Dirtcrasher
06-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Unfortunately I am still running win 98. I aw awaiting a new computer but it will be a couple more weeks... Everything I try and install wants a newer version of internet explorer, I also run Mozzilla so what the hell is this things problem :mad: I broke down and bought a nice HP printer, scanner, fax copier for a couple of bills and it won't work with my IE. So I tried to download a newer version (thank god I have fiber optics!!) but IE version 6 or newer seems to be for Windows XP and won't install.

1st, how the heck do I know what I am running for IE now and 2nd which version will work with Win 98 and 3rd, where can I download it. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

Tri-ZNate
06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
here is IE 6.o Service pack 1. Works for 98. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en

jason 32
06-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Unfortunately I am still running win 98. I aw awaiting a new computer but it will be a couple more weeks... Everything I try and install wants a newer version of internet explorer, I also run Mozzilla so what the hell is this things problem :mad: I broke down and bought a nice HP printer, scanner, fax copier for a couple of bills and it won't work with my IE. So I tried to download a newer version (thank god I have fiber optics!!) but IE version 6 or newer seems to be for Windows XP and won't install.

1st, how the heck do I know what I am running for IE now and 2nd which version will work with Win 98 and 3rd, where can I download it. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

sorry idont know -but hey i still dont know how to post stuff !!
dont feel bad!!! lol:confused:

Maine_Triker
06-05-2006, 10:32 PM
So you can run Firefox with no problems? If so then just keep using it, it's way better then IE all around.

atctim
06-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't want to sound like an a-hole but
"Why are people still running IE when there are so many good alternatives out there?"

Firefox - get it at www.mozilla.com
or
Opera - get it at www.opera.com

both of these are so far superior to IE - please for the love of tech supprt everywhere - download Firefox or Opera!!!!!

bigredhead
06-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Ha.. i work at tech support.. i we don't support either firefox or opera.. i know.. we suck.

But. to tell wich version of IE you have.. click on " Help " and " About Internet Explorer ".

www.microsoft.com and look at downloads.

or in your current IE go to " Tools " and " Windows Update ".. it will self check and update easily.

what problem are you having exactly with IE ?