PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Scam Alert!!!!!!

LonesomeTriZ
06-20-2006, 07:00 PM
I am not sure if any one here knows about this or not. But I felt the need to share just in case. I received an email notification that I had an eBay message. I brought it up through my email and it stated the buyer was angry because he or she had paid for an item some time ago and not received it as of yet. I had no idea what they were referring to so I clicked the link and it made me sign it to view the item. Well, that was strange because I have my computer set up to where I do not have to sign in. I had just signed in to a false eBay site and gave them my sign in information. I caught my mistake immediately and changed my sign in information. This is a very similar scam that some Paypal customers have fallen for. I just wanted to put this out there so you all can be aware of this danger.

slothminx
06-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Yup, we had this one not long ago, but I had my Pc set to auto login too.

Another more dangerous one is that, someone sent my mum an E-mail asking to login to there bank account online bcause it was exspiring. Luckily she spotted that the URL was not one from the banks website.

theres too many of these around now.......

LonesomeTriZ
06-20-2006, 07:10 PM
that is a very bad thing. it is a good thing she spotted it.

Orangecnty250r
06-20-2006, 07:32 PM
They have a sign in scam also when you click on an item to view it WHILE in ebay...I posted that scam here a few days ago...they are getting trickier!!!!

LonesomeTriZ
06-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I wish I could track these people down. That is the most agrivating part.

hrc85250r
06-20-2006, 08:07 PM
i have gotten that whole deal probably about 10 or 15 times, ive never fallen for it...also while i was looking for a hayabusa motor on ebay, several people claiming to be from overseas tried to rip me off a bunch, i hate lowlifes.