PDA

View Full Version : need some info on a polaris watercraft...

scooterroo
06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
i just recently bought a 1997 polaris slt 780, outside has some sun fade from sitting, but other then that that is it. this thing sat for almost the better part of eight years. the motor is spotless on this thing, you could eat off of it. the only reason it has sat is because my brother went away to college and yadda yadda, lost interest in it. anyways now its mine and i need some info on it. like what kinda oil do i run in it. both the oil in the crankcase and the oil in the injection oil resevior. also what size battery should i use on it. i have tryed to find out info on this w/c on the web, but i havent had much lick. any info would be great. my brother has no idea where the manuals and paper work is so i am kinda in a bind here.

hrc85250r
06-20-2006, 10:54 PM
umm, there is no crankcase oil, its basically a sled motor, just run amsoil "HP" injector oil it comes in the gallon....you might want to clean the carbs even if it seems like ti runs good, it be lean in some areas of the throttle, check the intake manifold cover, they are prone to cracking and if they crack, they lean out the mag cylinder and burn holes through the pistons. when you first put it in the water, let it sit for a few hours before you ride it and make sure your hull isnt leaking where the drive unti attaches to the hull..other than that, just put fresh gas in it, and if there is some left in it and you dont wnt to pull the tank out, put a good amount of sta-bil in it, real sta-bil not dry gas and top it off with premium for the first time out...

yater
06-21-2006, 09:00 AM
www.pwctoday.com will tell you everything you need to know. Go to the polaris section