PDA

View Full Version : Well, the time has come. I will be shipping out tomorrow morning.(update)

LonesomeTriZ
06-27-2006, 07:06 PM
I am out of here now. Keep my seat warm for me. I am heading off the Fort Benning tomorrow so I can attend OCS and re enter active duty service. I hope to be back on here soon. But most likely you all will not hear from me for at least three months.

nouseforaname90
06-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Good luck Lonesome!
Thanks for serving our country and protecting all our scrawny asses! I'm sure there will be a nice case of beer sitting at home waiting for you beside your favorite Lazy Boy when you get home. :beer

Jeffro33
06-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Give it hell Boy I will seee you at graduation. I will be the one with the cowbell. I will post your wedding pics. later this week. Don't worry you already see them cause you were there. Let me know what is going on so I can let everybody else know. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Lomax
06-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Best of luck brother, where is fort benning?

Billy Golightly
06-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Good luck Louis...gimmie a holler when you get up there and get some freetime.

LonesomeTriZ
06-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks. We are packing now. it looks like it will be a long night. Fort Benning is in Ga about three and a half hours north of the state line. by the way Lomax, I am sorry I have not had a chance to call you back. I have been that busy.

Howdy
06-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Good luck!! Be Safe, and give them heck!! We will be looking forward to your return!!
Howdy

Jeffro33
06-27-2006, 08:23 PM
This is there wedding cake

dreadhed
06-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Best of luck to you.

LonesomeTriZ
06-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks. I hope to hit the trail with some of you once I am settled in at my new duty station. (Where ever the hell that is going to be.)

Bryan Raffa
06-27-2006, 09:23 PM
good luck man!! we'll all be here waiting for you to come back.Check in if ya can get access to a computer!!!! At least i got 3 months to win some nos tri z stuff on ebay! LOL

firehart
06-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks, and the best to you and your family. We'll be here when you get back.

LonesomeTriZ
06-27-2006, 10:06 PM
At least i got 3 months to win some nos tri z stuff on ebay! LOL

:lol: That is a good point. Watch out though for when I return. I will have a healthy pay check then. :twisted:

Thanks Fire.

I hope I get the chance to check in. But I will be very focused on my training. We have worked too damn hard to get this far.

SpeedBump
06-27-2006, 11:01 PM
HoooRaahhh!

Thanks for your service. Be safe and c-ya later, SIR!

CorbinKale
06-27-2006, 11:39 PM
/salute

God bless those willing to volunteer to serve. When we run out of people willing to sacrifice, we are all done as a nation. :beer

82300R
06-27-2006, 11:51 PM
good luck to you. my son is leaving for iraq in august for a year and a half in the army and my younger brother is leaving around september for three years in japan with the air force. we will be praying for all your well being and safe returns.:beer

LonesomeTriZ
06-28-2006, 12:36 AM
It sounds like your family knows all to well the importance of serving. I hope you are reunited with them soon.

Well, it is time for me to go to bed. I will be getting up in a few hours. I hope you all ride safe and those trikes on the trail. I'll be back soon.

Chevy200s
06-28-2006, 02:05 AM
thanks for everything your doing for our country, stay safe!!!

Mrs.Mosh
06-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Be safe and God bless you Lonesome. Thank you for serving our wonderful country.

Kintore
06-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Good luck Lonesome!

Be safe and come back in one peice.

steven
06-28-2006, 10:38 PM
hey, if you come to tyndall, we'll go ride some trails. but when your not in uniform and were riding......there will be none of that saluting stuff;)

dovesprings250R
07-01-2006, 02:05 AM
All our thoughts are with you lonesome. May your dreams be filled with the perfect powerslide.

Somekindofjerk
07-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Good luck lonesome. Have fun and come home with some good stoies for us!

LonesomeTriZ
07-02-2006, 09:40 AM
I am now officially on active duty. I got to stay home for the holiday weekend. I am reporting in on Wednesday. MEPS lost my medical records so I had to spend a few days getting that straightened out. I am officially on the clock and drawing a paycheck now though.

85ytz250n
07-02-2006, 10:46 AM
If you need someone to take a couple of those Z's off of your hands let me know, would love to have a spare or two. Congratulations, now get ready to hurry up and wait. That guaranteed pay check will be very nice, getting payed no matter where you are and what you are doing. I wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for.

Barry

VABCH350X
07-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Congrats Louis,

I'm sure OCS will be a breeze for you, but will no doubt suck while you are there. Keep a positive mental attitude, and remember to save some for the fight after the fight. I'm a cross-service mustang myself, with your prior experience, you should be able to add some valuable substance to the Army Officer Corps.

S/F,
-Paul

LonesomeTriZ
07-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks VABCH350X. I hope I can hang with these younger guys I will be running with. I went to Paris Island ten years ago! This will be a little different I think.

VABCH350X
07-04-2006, 12:09 AM
If it's anything like Quantico, you'll be too busy worring about OSMEAC, JJDIDTIEBUCKLE, and fumbling through the woods with a lensatic compass to sweat PT. It's just something that you do. Besides, the Army only PTs once or twice a week, if the weather is nice, right?:beer

LonesomeTriZ
07-04-2006, 12:12 AM
If it's anything like Quantico, you'll be too busy worring about OSMEAC, JJDIDTIEBUCKLE, and fumbling through the woods with a lensatic compass to sweat PT. It's just something that you do. Besides, the Army only PTs once or twice a week, if the weather is nice, right?:beer

:lol: I don't know about that. I have already heard some of the horror stories from some of the recently graduated LT's. It would seem like running is a major factor. Ah well, I am slow, but to DO get there. ;)

VABCH350X
07-04-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm on the slower end myself, usually in the 21-22 minute (3 mi) range, but I max the pulls/crunches, which keeps me at about 280. Running sucked for me at OCS, but performing well elsewhere will cancel out that negative attention. I think Army OCS splits the Candidates into ability groups (fast/med/slow). That is probably a good idea, since it would enable everyone to get a good, challenging workout. If that's the case, drop into your ability group and roll with it.

What branch are you going into?

LonesomeTriZ
07-04-2006, 09:24 AM
That is what I have been told. I like that idea because it give me a goal. I will be working towards the faster group evry time I run. I do not have any idea what branch I will be getting. i will find that out about midway through. I doubt my body can handle infantry for much longer. So I did not even put it on my wish list.

Jeffro33
07-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Just remember you are living your dream and going to make Chase's (son) life a bit easier and better than what yall have been going through in the past couple of months. Good luck. We are all here for you for sopport. I am already getting goose bumps thinking about seeing you getting pinned at graduation. Oh yea thanks for everthing you have done for me in and out of military. I don't believe I would be sober with out yall. I will never forget it.

VABCH350X
07-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I agree, the grunt stuff is fun to an extent, but gets old after a while. I recommend a branch that doesn't walk to their destination. That's the best thing about Arty (Mike 198 God's Gun- oo rah), the King of Battle don't hump.:beer

That being said, I'm an aviation contract, but I'm a Marine Officer, and provisional Rifle Platoon Commander first.

By the way, I have not met another Officer yet who is a three-wheeler enthusiast. :wondering Maybe you'll have better luck.

Semper Fidelis,
-Paul

LonesomeTriZ
07-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I have had enough of humping. I can still carry a heavy load. but my kness and back are have had enough. I have not met any officer (as of yet) that are even ATV anthusiast. I hope once I get to my duty station that will change. If not, I may be going on a lot of lonely rides.

LonesomeTriZ
07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
By the way, I put atillery as my first choice for combat at arms.

mark38090
07-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Hye man thanks for serving to protect our freedom... You guys are the best. I fou get a chance check out www. atvmudmania.com . That place is a short hop from Ft Benning.

LonesomeTriZ
07-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Thanks. That would be nice. but I will not be able to do anything fun like that. Not until I get to my duty station any way.

Banage
07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Good luck, hurry Back

LonesomeTriZ
07-07-2006, 09:57 AM
The time has come (again). I am heading out in a few hours to check in at Benning. I am spending the morning with my son then hitting the road. Other than a couple of stops, I will head straight up there. Spending this extra time with my boy has made it more difficult to leave him now. Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.

LonesomeTriZ
07-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Fort Benning is pretty nice. It looks as though I will have plenty of time to get to know the area. Thanks to a paper work screw up I had nothing to do with, I will be in holding and waiting until 20 August for may class to begin. :mad: That will put me here for almost six months. :rolleyes: Oh well, complaining will not help. Does any one know of a good speed shop, ATV shop, or diesel shop in the area?

84honda200s
07-20-2006, 02:26 AM
give em hell good luck and thx for keeping our crazy asses free. i know im a noobi and dont know you. but i still appreciete what you guys and ladies are doing to keep us free.

wheelie king
07-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. I personally cannot imagine leaving my wifre and young child for long periods like that- I know it must be hard on you. But, in the long run, you guys will definitly benefit and it is all for good, I am sure.

Sorry to hear about your paperwork screwup, and I definitely do not know anything about Benning. Good luck to you, Louis, and as many others have said, WE APPRECIATE YOU and your comrades' service.

You will be settled and done with all your "jumping through hoops" before you know it.

Talk to you soon.

LonesomeTriZ
07-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks you two. I am NOT liking the seperation thing at all. I miss my boy very badly. oh yeah, and my wife as well. I also miss riding. I hope to get some seat time as soon as I can though.

firehart
07-21-2006, 09:15 AM
How's it going down there? I hope your holding up in the heat. Keep up the good work. In no time you'll be riding with your son again. Since my son moved out I have not been riding with him as much as I'd like to. It seems like yesterday he was the same age as your son. Now he's 29.

LonesomeTriZ
07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
That is what I am not looking forward to. I wish I could just lock him in time. The heat here is horrible. It seems like the number of heat injuries are increasing every day. I wish they would realize the dangers.