PDA

View Full Version : Unbelieveable flooding in the North East

Tri-ZNate
06-28-2006, 05:19 PM
well here is some of our damage. More bridges are out than still passable and we havent seen flooding like this in 50 years. Here are some pics to show the damage and the frist two show the change

Tri-ZNate
06-28-2006, 05:23 PM
and some more. This is Susquehanna county which is supposed to be one of the hardest hit

Bryan Raffa
06-28-2006, 05:26 PM
we got it too!!! sister in laws house just got hit by a micro burst or twister what ever you want to call it,anyways it a mess, there neighbors house has a tree through it!

Bryan Raffa
06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
and some more. This is Susquehanna county which is supposed to be one of the hardest hit

wow just saw a house floating down the river there on the news!!!!!!:(

chris200x
06-28-2006, 05:35 PM
This bites...

Had about 4 inches of water in our basement this morning. It's finally starting to receed. That is my neice. She wants to go fishing! :naughty:

We cannot get into town as all bridges leading out are underwater.. :cry:

Tri-ZNate
06-28-2006, 05:47 PM
yeah we had bridges go out that in the last 40 years havent. its insane. here are some more. Crayfish and fish were also in people's yards this morning. We found a fish in those ditches I was walking through.

Where the 4 wheeler is is where the road used to be

chris200x
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Well Nate... I look at it this way. With over a foot of rain in the last 4 days it should make for some real swell riding out in the woods! :w00t:

bkipker2009
06-28-2006, 05:58 PM
some of are friends lost a barn with like 10 cows in it needless to say the cows died to. my house is only like 15 mi away from theirs and all we lost was a lawn chair, and electricity for like 3 days. and it just sprinkled for like 2hr after wards.

brapp
06-28-2006, 07:14 PM
the river behind my house rose over 20 foot!!!!!!!!!!!

and chris did the little girl catch anything? so cute with her little fishin pole lol

chris200x
06-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Nope.. She gave up on the fishes and had to save her babydolls! :lol: :D

350x'inNY
06-29-2006, 07:41 AM
the river behind my house rose over 20 foot!!!!!!!!!!!

and chris did the little girl catch anything? so cute with her little fishin pole lol

So Brapp.... you all safe and sound and somewhat dry? I was wondering about you as you are farther East than my fiancee's grandparents there in PA. They are in Roseville but have a farm way way up on the hill. The big flood of '72 there farm was fine.

Give me a call on that other stuff we're working on. I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full.

Bruce

250r'en +TCB
06-29-2006, 09:15 AM
we took a beating in Souther NH around mothers day. My town recorded just over a FOOT of rain!!!! The merrimack was considered deadly to be near! Small cities had to be evacuated. My lake rose about 6ft even with the dam being wide open! They had to sand bag it because they were afraid it would give! Me and my dad in the diesel truck were fine though..... Another reason i love the diesels is because they pound through the deep stuff!!!

trikes4life
06-29-2006, 01:37 PM
good thing i live genesee county all we had was an inch. Looks like fun riding afterwords.

ATC crazy
06-29-2006, 03:24 PM
We had around 15" of rain! Had to drive though almost 3' of water (was up to the doors on my 4x4 truck!) to get to work and back. VDOT was pumping it out this morning, but it's still up.

chris200x
06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
So nate.. I dont think anyone asked. Any damage to your house. We had minor flooding compared to what I'm seeing on the news. some folks lost everything. I feel very fortunate.

New2ATC
06-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Its been raining alot here, the river rose alot not too sure how much but its been wet here for the past week or two..

Wickedfinger
06-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Well, if you've been watching any of the national news ..... you've seen what I'm dealing with in my home town of Yardley. I'm also in charge of all of the local co-operation efforts between Home Depot and the Red Cross - so lets just say, I've been busy. My parents house for the second time in a year has been cut off from the world by the flood waters. At least they are on a small hill and safe for now.

Tri-ZNate
06-29-2006, 11:05 PM
So nate.. I dont think anyone asked. Any damage to your house. We had minor flooding compared to what I'm seeing on the news. some folks lost everything. I feel very fortunate.

The house in the pics there is our neighbor's. Luckily our house is in wysox and just our farm is there in springville. But yeah that guy got bad flood damage. My dad got off the phone with DEP, PENDOT, and the township and they all said that even though the crick is flowing down our neighbor's yard into our fields and causing all kinds of havick, its our responsibility to clean out the crick if we dont want it in our yard which is total BS! I took some more pics tonight of some other bridges. Out of 8 bridges in our township 7 are destroyed, so in about 4 years we figure everything will be back to normal and no I'm not exagerating :(

Worst part is if there is foundation damage to our neighbor's house he isnt gonna pay to have the crick buldozed, he is just going to sell the house and move to higher ground so we dont know whats gonna happen.

Basically now we have the current home for the PA state Dunes. Its insane.

Oh and total amount was 11". 3" up to 6 p.m. tuesday night then 8" Tuesday night so it all ran right off the already wet ground. We figure we have atleast $6000 in field damage. I mean just look at the last pic. The tree line in the back was where the feild used to go to. now its just rubbel

Couchy
06-29-2006, 11:12 PM
PennDot is the biggest waste of freaking space we have. Here's an example, during one night, a couple kids went around and took every township, and village sign from where they were. Went up the large mountain that very same night, and hang them from tree to tree row by row the whole way up. Remember, a couple teens did this all in 1 night. It took PennDot over a month to go an get every sign and take it back to where it was supposed to be and screw them back on. OVER A MONTH!!! They never do anything around here.

We've got a shitload of rain, but it's just soaking in the ground here. We've got over 4-5" I think, but most of it soaked into the ground. The creek is up a little and muddy as *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, but the river isn't that high or muddy at all.

I feel very bad for people who lost so much, makes me glad I live on a really big hill.

chris200x
06-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Damn Nate. You guys got hit hard. Looks like you guys have your work cut out for yas.We went for a ride today over the other side of the mountian to berwick, bloomsburg ,then north toward shickshinney and nantikote. Most of the roads were closed but they got hammered as well. Gonna be a long time till things get back to normal around here.

Tri-ZNate
06-29-2006, 11:29 PM
here is another pic of that field. 6 pm Tuesday the rock wasnt there 8 am wednesday thats what it looked like. That rock is about 4 ft deep. The only positive that came out of this is the ATV trails are now sand ;)

brapp
06-30-2006, 12:48 AM
hey if i could get a dumptruck we coudl make a sick rock hill climb lol

chris200x
07-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Well, if you've been watching any of the national news ..... you've seen what I'm dealing with in my home town of Yardley. I'm also in charge of all of the local co-operation efforts between Home Depot and the Red Cross - so lets just say, I've been busy. My parents house for the second time in a year has been cut off from the world by the flood waters. At least they are on a small hill and safe for now.

Holey smokes! Wickedfinger. I just seen on Fox news pictures of Yardley. Man those poor people got hit hard. I hope it all works out for you guys.:(

I have a few relatives that live there but we have yet to get intouch with them.:wondering