PDA

View Full Version : indoor/outdoor spray paint gun

twgranger
07-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Was wondering what people have for electric spray guns. Im looking to buy one and was wondering witch one is a good gun? dont want to buy junk.

smokinwrench
07-09-2006, 10:33 AM
I bought one last summer/ airless painter. I was told by many people not to buy a wagner power painter, wagner has cheapened them up a bunch in the last few years and they have terrible reliability now, if you have an old wagner they said they are great.

I bought the cheapest industrial power painter that home depot sells. It is great. I would tell you waht brand it is but I have it loaned out right now. I painted the entire outside of my house in 2 hours and it is 2 story in the rear.

daputz
07-09-2006, 11:44 AM
My brother and dad are texture/paint sprayers, they use speedflo's for their airlesses and a 10:1 grover in the rig. For home owner type work my brother said the Titans from sherman williams are great, and the grayco's (sic?) from home depot are also a well built pump.

If you plan on using it alot buy the biggest pump you can afford, it doesn't take much to over work the smaller ones................and gets frustrating when you are trying to finish spraying and the pump can't keep up.

mymint87
07-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm assuming your using mostly acrylic and latex products

not a production rig but great little rigs......will push a small 517 tip or so which is about a 10" inch pattern....

I have lots of different rigs for different applications

my biggest rig pushes a 945 tip which is about a 36" wide pattern

http://www.graco.com/Internet/T_PDB.nsf/SearchView/STSTXUltra395Ultra495andUltra595:welcome: