PDA

View Full Version : ATC cover

Orangecnty250r
07-12-2006, 09:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270007053277&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr3_PcY_BID_IT

Is this hondaline or one of those cheapy ones.

wanta86r
07-12-2006, 09:57 AM
looks like the cheap one. i think i bout one of those a while back for 12 or 15 bucks

Orangecnty250r
07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Thats what I thought...didnt see the camo...just got confused by the way its listed

ScottZJ
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
looks like the cheap one. i think i bout one of those a while back for 12 or 15 bucks

12-15$ ....lol I think I got it from that guy on ebay when he first starting selling them for around 3$ each. I bought like 5 of them. They are nice and do the job and much cheaper than the ATC ones haha.

firehart
07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
I got my covers from the Honda dealer. I am using the plastic covers that wrap the shipping crates. They don't work too bad and I got them for free.

twgranger
07-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Hondaline ***edited***. LOL

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
07-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Well that is pat blackwell from the board here. He has gone to dealers and bought new atc hondaline parts including covers. I know I bought one from him, so I am sure he knows there difference so I have no idea why he is being sneaky. They only came in red and camo to the best of my knowledge

patblkwell
07-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Well that is pat blackwell from the board here. He has gone to dealers and bought new atc hondaline parts including covers. I know I bought one from him, so I am sure he knows there difference so I have no idea why he is being sneaky. They only came in red and camo to the best of my knowledge
It's an aftermarket cover that I bought off ebay a while back that I don't need anymore, the only reason hondaline is in the title is because most people who search for Honda atv, atc, and motorcycle accessories will usually type in hondaline in the search bar to find them. The hondaline ATC covers had at least a "Honda" logo on them...I don't think I would have put a starting bid of $9 with no reserve if it was an authentic hondaline cover :rolleyes:
On a side note, this cover won't fit my new ride(pics coming soon) :beer

Orangecnty250r
07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
No big deal I was just trying to get clarification if this was a type of cover I wasnt aware of...maybe an earlier version??..I know the seller is a good guy. It wasnt just the Hondaline in the title that had me wondering it was the fact that it said it was an optional accessory..I dont consider aftermarket optional accessorries...thats just me....someone could theoretically buy this thinking this was the real deal from the wording.

patblkwell
07-12-2006, 05:30 PM
No big deal I was just trying to get clarification if this was a type of cover I wasnt aware of...maybe an earlier version??..I know the seller is a good guy. It wasnt just the Hondaline in the title that had me wondering it was the fact that it said it was an optional accessory..I dont consider aftermarket optional accessorries...thats just me....someone could theoretically buy this thinking this was the real deal from the wording.
It's cool Orange....I forgot what the name of the company was who made these coves...it just said 3 wheeler cover on part of the package from what I remember. To me it's an accessory for the 3 wheelers so I just put optional accessory from back in the day since it was made back then..

Howard
07-13-2006, 12:32 AM
gazebo cover.

freewheel3
07-13-2006, 12:49 AM
They were also available in black.

NOS_350X
07-13-2006, 01:16 AM
I have a hondaline one for sale for the right price.

xd 200x
07-16-2006, 05:28 PM
who are the idiots who are paing $40.00 for a 3.00 cover

Howard
07-16-2006, 05:34 PM
well it's not a 3$ cover, right now it's a 40$ cover, dude started it low. more power to ya Pat. sell sell sell, hell maybe ill put one of my covers on ebay, lol

Nothing wrong with him selling his cover for more than he paid for it , is there?? everyone would like to be in his shoes raking in the money.
Me for one.

Orangecnty250r
07-16-2006, 07:53 PM
well it's not a 3$ cover, right now it's a 40$ cover, dude started it low. more power to ya Pat. sell sell sell, hell maybe ill put one of my covers on ebay, lol

Nothing wrong with him selling his cover for more than he paid for it , is there?? everyone would like to be in his shoes raking in the money.
Me for one.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: You missed the point Howard.

Howard
07-16-2006, 08:08 PM
wasn't making a point at your statement. pretty much the guy saying someone is an idiot for buying the cover for 40$ when the other person only paid 3$ for it.

I don't think i missed any points,:rolleyes:

Orangecnty250r
07-16-2006, 08:19 PM
wasn't making a point at your statement. pretty much the guy saying someone is an idiot for buying the cover for 40$ when the other person only paid 3$ for it.

I don't think i missed any points,:rolleyes:

The point is maybe it wouldnt be 40.00 with time left if the description was clear it was an aftermarket cover. I NEVER have any issue with pricing EVER...hell i'm one of the ones that spends to much on this stuff and MANY buyers have liked me bidding on their stuff;)

ClayW
07-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok. Im going to have to say something. Kinda along the lines with Howards thoughts and some others. I have been quite about this, but oh well. As many of you know Pat and I are pretty tight. I have watched him sell ATC stuff on Ebay and get stupid money for it. I finally figured out his secret. He puts Hondaline in the title. It gets a bidders attention, and they find your item easier with their word searches. Plan and simple. So what if he paid $4 for it, and its at $40 or $100. If someone wants it that bad, more power to them. The cover is a vintage 80s cover. Just not OEM Honda stuff. But a Vintage 80s cover. There is a Original Hondline cover on there right now. It was bought for $35 or less from the dealer NEW. Its was at $380 last time I looked and will likely go higher. It's all in what people want to pay. No where in his description does it say that it's a hondaline cover. Nor does he show a pic of a hondaline sack. It is what it is. People pay stupid money for stuff on Ebay all day long. Especially tike stuff. Please guys get off your soap box. Im sure that all of us have sold items and made an absolute killing on it before. Especially on Ebay. :rolleyes:

xd 200x
07-16-2006, 08:56 PM
point was they same cover is on there for 5 bux only diffrence is its not labeled hondaline and the people bidding on it are idiots for not looking. the guy selling it is actually smart im about to list all of mine.

ClayW
07-16-2006, 09:01 PM
point was they same cover is on there for 5 bux only diffrence is its not labeled hondaline and the people bidding on it are idiots for not looking. the guy selling it is actually smart im about to list all of mine.

More power to ya. So your an idiot for bidding $40 on a $4 cover. So you would also have to say that your an IDIOT for paying $380+ for a $35 cover. Just a BIGGER IDIOT I guess. Like I said that other putz doesnt know how to list his covers. I can guarentee you that if he listed them right he would get some nice money for them. More than $5. I find steals on things all the time that are titled improperly. Hell I got an $80 skid plate for my 2005 King Quad the other day for $15. Selling techniques my friend. Selling techniques.:cool:

ClayW
07-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I guess the point im trying to make is this. Everyone and their mother does searches for items with the word HONDALINE in them. Why? Because that usually means nice goodies. So, if your selling something, and want the most page hits. Put Hondaline in the title. You know the old saying. Advertise, advertise, advertise....

twgranger
07-16-2006, 09:16 PM
I see it as a missleading auction but thats just my 2 cents. ;)

chris200x
07-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I guess the point im trying to make is this. Everyone and their mother does searches for items with the word HONDALINE in them. Why? Because that usually means nice goodies. So, if your selling something, and want the most page hits. Put Hondaline in the title. You know the old saying. Advertise, advertise, advertise....

Don't you mean false adertise.. false advertise.. false advertise. :lol: It don't matter much to me either way but I agree with twanger. Why put a namebrand in a title when it is a cheap knock off.

I got good money for a refurbished exhaust a while back. But I used a subtitle that said as good as NOS or hondaline... I fineline between words i suppose. :)

Orangecnty250r
07-16-2006, 09:35 PM
This is not personal... and I am not attatcking PAt but now responding to other peoples reply to this thread..Bottom line the description says hondaline and it is NOT. Just because it doesnt "show a hondaline package" doesnt make that fact go away.

Once again I like the fact that people make money on this stuff. I have No problem with that

Hey Clay you say "No where in his description does it say its a hondaline cover" ......Well if it says it in the title as a "KEY" word dont you think it should say its not....come on now...... bad argument there. "Selling techniques" more like used car salesman techniques...the less information the better I guess.

I dont think it was intentional but I look at enough things to think this ad is slghtly misleading for someone who does not know better. I just think saying in the description aftermarket or "not an actual hondaline" product would have been the right thing to do...Nothing anyone says no matter who they are will change my mind...

so with that I respectfully agree to disagree with you

ClayW
07-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Regarless, I have seen everyone and their brother put words in their title that have nothing to do with the item. I just dont see what the big deal is. I sold a set of floorboards and a set of fork extensions on ebay. I put Hondaline in the auction title. They were not hondaline. So what should I do. Put the off the wall companys name that made them in the title. Im sure folks would find them that way. I know that I wouldn't have. But thats just me.

However, I dont think your personally slamming him. Just being a little too critical.:beer

250SX
07-16-2006, 09:49 PM
it's called keyword spamming and it's against ebay rules. Personally, I don't care as long as it's somewhat related...unlike those asses who put "tecate, 350x,tri-z" in the 250r listing. I do think it should say somewhere in the ad itself that it isn't hondaline so some newbie doesn't get the shaft.

patblkwell
07-17-2006, 01:15 AM

Me for one.
Exactamundo my friend, like I stated in a previous post, if it were an actual Hondaline cover, then I think I may have been inclined to at least throw some sort of $ reserve on it...kinda like this auction I had a few months ago: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-ATC-350X-250R-250ES-250SX-200X-Hondaline-Cover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQitemZ46243 39853QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW :crazy:

patblkwell
07-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Well, I'm happy to have provided some good quality entertainment for you all this evening LOL. Look guys, bottom line, ebay is ebay...people will buy anything and everything depending on how an item is listed for sale. I know for a fact that many people on this board had bought some of those 3 wheeler body covers a while back from that guy in Texas, who is also the same guy selling them on ebay right now for what is it, $5 a piece? I really could care less what he is selling them for to be honest with you, he had around 100 of them at one point for sale, which in his mind prob. meant he wanted to unload them for a quick $500. His selling/advertising technique isn't the greatest I've seen as far as enabling maximum exposure of the covers in search results on ebay. I actually picked up a few of these covers from him before and GAVE AWAY one of them to my buddy for free for his bike...so it doesn't seem that these covers are that valuable. If someone wants to bid up the price on the cover I have for sale because it's the only one that they were able to find on ebay for a 3 wheeler, then that just proves right there that my listing technique has targeted a larger audience than the guy in Texas who sells them for $5 each. For all of you out there who have nothing better to do than chomp at the bit on this auction, you should consider taking notes on my selling techniques....I haven't seen anyone else show a picture of the cover on the bike-showing how it looks and fits, and what you are getting with the cover. I even stated what bike it was on to give a valid representation of it's size and shape..It's kinda like Clay said, if I were to put the name brand of the manufacturer in the title instead of Hondaline, I'd be shooting myself in the foot. If my putting the word Hondaline in the title of an auction for a 3 wheeler accessory rubs you the wrong way, I really don't know what to tell you other than at the end of the auction when it's all over, the $ money will be in my bank account :beer ...to each his own.

Orangecnty250r
07-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Hmmmm I love a good debate but I always have to respond to defend the real principle.

1. No issue with keyword spamming...Ive done it and remember I thought Whyzee was brilliant for putting hummer and jeep in his auction. I dont think ebay should have such a strict policy.

2. Put hondaline in the title!! who cares, I dont as long as it is accurately described SOMEWHERE... plenty of room in the description for that. After hearing you guys chat here seems to me like excuses are being made for "convienently" leaving the all the info out....walking the line between not lying but not being totally honest either.

3. No problem with profits...I love them, Ive made some good ones and I like to see other people make them. Heck I made over 175 on the resale of mine.

4. Bidding high $$$ ......people bid crazy all the time....if some poeple like to call them idiots fine.....but even idiots like to be fully informed idiots.

5. I would have put a reserve if it was Hondaline????? Does a person just getting into the hobbie know that....NO...another poor excuse

6. "Take note of my selling techniques"...."money in my bank account"...its that attitude that gives me the motivation to make another response here, form an opinion your ethics, and see the real motive here. At first I thought it was an honest oversight ....now I see the real deal and it saddens me.

Enjoy the sale of the hondaline vintage accessory for three wheelers from back in the day.....

yes you hit the nail on the head....to each there own.

I am retiring from even reading this thread. :lock:

xd 200x
07-17-2006, 09:11 AM
ok, here it is flat out. you know its not hondaline that its a crap cover made buy some forigen company. plaoin and simple your ripping people off. key word spamming is fine but atleast put that its not hondaline in our auction. In my mind you are a rip off artist

patblkwell
07-17-2006, 09:12 AM
"As the world turns"....LMAO :lol:

ScottZJ
07-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Cant we all just get along........lol:lol:
I dont have a problem with adding some good search words to an auction to help sell it, I dont have a problem with someone selling something and making killer money (as I know I have). As long as there is plenty of real description in the narrative of the auction, I dont feel there should be any issues.

Ok now someone lock this thread so it doesnt become ugly.:lock: :lock: :lock:

patblkwell
07-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks Scott, yeah I think we've all beat this dead horse enough...I've stated my opinion on this issue as have other board members. It's not going to get ugly on my end, sorry but I don't stoop to that level..that's all I have to say about this issue. Now if you guys will excuse me, I'm going yacht shopping in lue of my recent small fortune of $40.99 that I'm going to receive for selling a 3 wheeler cover on ebay :naughty: :welcome: :lock:

ClayW
07-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey XD 200X last time I looked the Honda covers were made by a foriegn company :crazy: The fabric is very similar also. I also know that back in the day when these were made, they sold for more than $5 prob $25 or more. This other guy just got stuck with a pot full of them and wants to unload them fast. So I dont know what your major malfunction is. WHO CARES.

ClayW
07-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey XD 200X last time I looked the Honda covers were made by a foriegn company :crazy: The fabric is very similar also. I also know that back in the day when these were made, they sold for more than $5 prob $25 or more. This other guy just got stuck with a pot full of them and wants to unload them fast. So I dont know what your major malfunction is. WHO CARES.

I might add that if it was a REAL Hondaline cover, dont you think it would be about $40 at this point. Come on.

xd 200x
07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
hey if your so sure that the people bidding know that its not hondaline then put it in the auction. O wait you wont do that because your to honest in the description and yea I know who made the honda line covers and they are not the same. SO stop ring to b.s people. as I said my opinion of you still stands

Wait, why not sell a bolt kit like you can buy on ebay and list it as hondaline. with no mention of who mad it in the desription.

I know what it is you know what it is. it s a freaking matress cover. hondaline covers had draw strings atleast the ones i have seen.

welp captian honesty I guess Ill just emaill all you bidders with this thread. that way we can both be happy. you secure in the fact that your bidders know what they are getting and me happy that I kept peole from being riped off. seems fair and like a good idea. guess ill do that. thanks

patblkwell
07-17-2006, 01:12 PM
hey if your so sure that the people bidding know that its not hondaline then put it in the auction. O wait you wont do that because your to honest in the description and yea I know who made the honda line covers and they are not the same. SO stop ring to b.s people. as I said my opinion of you still stands

Wait, why not sell a bolt kit like you can buy on ebay and list it as hondaline. with no mention of who mad it in the desription.

I know what it is you know what it is. it s a freaking matress cover. hondaline covers had draw strings atleast the ones i have seen.

welp captian honesty I guess Ill just emaill all you bidders with this thread. that way we can both be happy. you secure in the fact that your bidders know what they are getting and me happy that I kept peole from being riped off. seems fair and like a good idea. guess ill do that. thanks
Hey man, you go right ahead and email everyone who's bidding on the cover if it makes you feel better...man on man, you are definitely making this world a better place, one 3 wheeler cover at a time :w00t: LOL, but yeah if you really have NOTHING better to do with your time, then go right ahead my friend..more power to you. Oh, and while you're at it, go ahead and email the handful of non-bidders who offered me a decent BIN price for it....think about it dude. :cool:

xd 200x
07-17-2006, 01:56 PM
no prob ill get on it after i finsh this paper.

ClayW
07-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Dude your are a piece of work.

patblkwell
07-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Dude your are a piece of work.
Haha, isn't he?

xd 200x
07-18-2006, 01:05 AM
peice of work. ok So wanting to warn people that they are being scamed now is a bad thing? welp you and you butt buddy there have fun now I give up.

P.s got half a mind to just bid it up and stiff ya since you are such a honest seller.

patblkwell
07-18-2006, 09:14 AM
peice of work. ok So wanting to warn people that they are being scamed now is a bad thing? welp you and you butt buddy there have fun now I give up.

P.s got half a mind to just bid it up and stiff ya since you are such a honest seller.
Hey, now that's a swell idea you got there...go ahead and bid it up and not pay, so I can leave you negative feedback on here and ebay. Then I can sell the cover to one of the non-bidding ebayers who offered me a BIN price for it. :welcome: Look guy, just get off your soapbox, you're not accomplishing anything. Peace

xd 200x
07-18-2006, 09:40 AM
ok guess i will. Negative feed back on here?
1.how you have no clue what my ebay name is and
2. you should be banned from here for scaming people.

patblkwell
07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Dude just give it up, you're not going to phase me one way or another...trust me.

xd 200x
07-18-2006, 11:32 AM
"trust you" ha

chris200x
07-18-2006, 11:40 AM
"trust you" ha

Cmon man... Give it a rest. Although I too do not agree with some of these selling tactics both Pat and Clay have been alot of help to me and alot of other fine folks here on the boards. Too bad they sold out and bought quads! :rolleyes: http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/images/smilies/loser.gif :lol: :beer

ClayW
07-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah our feedback speaks for its self. You know us being crooks and all. :crazy: Thanks Chris.:lol:

Billy Golightly
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Looks like it might be time for a lock here. :lock: