PDA

View Full Version : Warning: sad news

coolair250r
07-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok Drinking and driving leads to no good....Like 2 weeks ago my friend let my other friend drive his car to the store while they where drinking at Old Skyline here in Duluth. If you are not familiar with Duluth... Skyline is a curvy road that follows the edge of the hills here in duluth. Look it up..it's every sports car dream. And the older part of this road is not paved and it's a little more desolate...a good place to drink. Well on the way back from the store the kid driving his friends car let the back wheels slip out and they hit a rock and rolled the car. They were alright with just a few cuts. But they were drinking...underage so they ran before the cops came. the car was a 1997 Mercury couggar 30th anniversary editoin. Limited production car...I guess only 5000 of them were made.It's totaled! It sucks.. my friend was pretty mad at the kid driving but they got over it. the funny part is the kid driving said he would give him his 1970 or so Pontiac Lemans...if he did anything to the car. it's his moms right now soon to be his...but i dont really know if he's gonna give it up...
Another sad thing that happened this last week is a kid I knew from school was drinking and driving and crashed his truck..rolled like 8 times...he died...I actually rolled my first three wheeler with this kid driving...and its sad that he is gone now...but there's nothing you can do but learn from these experience's...Don't drink and drive...even if you have to... be careful and just make it home safely...:beer

Banage
07-12-2006, 05:13 PM
O god, sorry to hear that, i am against drinking and driving no matter what the reason. but nice to see a fellow Duluth MN rider.

250r'en +TCB
07-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Man sorry to hear that.......

I like Mass's moto on the subject "You drink, you drive, you lose..."

85hondaatc125m
07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I have a story similar to that last one, my moms boyfriend was driving his truck in one night, coming from the farm into town and it was dark at night, he hit black ice without even knowing it and he lost controll of his truck and it rolled 3 times. He was fine though, got out of the truck with only scrapes and bruises and started picking his tools up along the highway.The first person to come along after that was a person who lived near him. and drove him to town, then they got a truck to get his ect. ect. Well this person who helped him was drinking with a guy one night, and they drank alot! Then he decided to come into town because he was going to buy a bar, he was going along the highway, lost controlled, rolled a couple times into the ditch and died....so it is like your story because the roll over, the person that was there, then that person rolling and passing away.

firehart
07-13-2006, 10:16 PM
When I was young I did a little drinking and driving. I was lucky I did hurt anybody else or myself. I don't do it anymore. I only drink a little and only at home where I can stay until I sober up.

tracey
07-21-2006, 02:55 PM
man come on everyone who drinks and drives should smarten up its not only yourself that you can hurt its the people around you too. so next time you think of doing it have someone punch u in the head first