PDA

View Full Version : Need a donation.

85ytz250n
07-18-2006, 12:27 AM
I know one of you guys has an old sled engine that you will never use, so help a fellow tinkerer out. I have been working on this idea for a couple years and think that a sled motor is really the way to go on my buggy project. I could buy a used sled and murder it to use its heart in my project, but why waste a perfectly good sled? I am not real picky(beggers usualy arent) on size, make or, model. Just want a good used engine to put to good use. If this post violates rules then feel free to :lock: . If you have a engine that you wouldnt mind donating, PM me. I wouldnt mind donating some cash back to you if that is what it takes to get a good running engine. Seems like a lot to ask people that dont know me but if i dont ask then i will never know the answers.

Barry

Louis Mielke
07-18-2006, 10:59 PM
i got a yamaha 400cc you could have but its in MD.

85ytz250n
07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Louis,
Thanks for the offer man, and if I cant find another closer then MD will be where I vacation this year:). I am going to be in Minnesota later this year and just figured I would shoot for one there, maybe even a whole sled that some one has laying around. I will keep you in mind though.

Barry

84honda200s
08-03-2006, 12:08 PM
i have 4 engines. 1 is a lc 440 kowasaki engine i dont know if it works all it needs is a recoil and cables and clutch. i have the exhaust and carbs even the raidaidor. it is off a invader it was 40.00 to shipp from ohio i shipped a complete engine to wash state for 70.00. im in ny let me know. i also have a 44 fc and a 305 fc those 2 are rotax i also have a polaris 244 fa lol it sux

Chevy200s
08-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I've got a Rupp 440 nitro FC, and I might have a 340 ccw out of a deere thats not being used, I'll have to look around. I know the rupp is stuck, might not have the carb either, but its yours if you want it. let me know

85ytz250n
08-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Hey 84Honda, the Kawasaki that you have, by clutch you mean the variable speed belt kind right? What kind of shape are the Rotaxs in? I have heard good things about Rotax. Would you donate the Kawasaki? I really appreciate all the offers guys, I didnt expect to get quite so many:beer .

Barry

84honda200s
08-04-2006, 01:11 PM
the 305 rotax was siezed up but i got her free. i havnt tryd to start it. the 440 rotax is in ok shape. the kowasaki is a variable speed belt just like any other sled. like i said it does need work but at least its got the carbs and exhaust, and raidaitor. it will need cables,clutch, and recoil. and some other small stuff i think. i got the kowasaki for a project and i never got around to it lol. i was told with the cables she does run good. now the 440 rotax i cant give away because i payd for it. but the kowasaki all you need to pay for is the shipping for all that stuff.

let me know

85ytz250n
08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
84Honda,
I will take you up on the offer for the kawasaki, it may take me a week or two to get the money for the shipping, if its ok with you. If you have any more info on the sled it came out of let me know, I may be able to get some cables from a friend in Minnesota. Do you have a pic of the motor? Any idea what shipping is going to run, ballpark? I really appreciate the help you are giving me man, anything you need that I have let me know.

Barry

84honda200s
08-08-2006, 11:35 PM
pm me your address and i will get a ball park figure and i will get you pictures. i know it runs dual 32mm mikuni carbs. like i said it needs some work. it was i bought it and never used it lol.