PDA

View Full Version : I am going to be a Field Artillery Officer!!!!!!!!

LonesomeTriZ
07-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Yep, I found out what my branch is going to be today. I am going off to fire the big guns. I will soon be in control of the hand of god. Cool huh? I will be going to Fort Sill in Oklahoma once I get finished here and Benning. :w00t:

I just thought I would share that with you all.

dreadhed
07-21-2006, 03:27 PM
That sounds like a good brach to be in. You get to fire the big 'ol guns.

Lomax
07-21-2006, 05:57 PM
if you are going to fort sill then wont you be close to me?

69HemiGTX
07-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Congratulations cadet! You'll be about two hours south of me. I just found out that I am getting promoted to Sergeant on 01AUG06. That, and I'm coming home twenty-five days later. I'm also trying to become an officer, but not comissioned, I want to be a Warrant Officer Aviator. My goal is to fly UH-60 Blackhawks. It's not the easiet thing in the world to do (what is in the Army?), but the rewards will be worth the effort.

85hondaatc125m
07-22-2006, 01:02 AM
A field Artillery officer, so you will be working in a field eh, you can be "outstanding in your field" of work, get it?

LonesomeTriZ
07-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks you all. I am looking forward to it. I was kind of hoping for Cavlery, but I htink this works out a little better. I am going to have to find out who all lives in the area and set up a ride once I get settled in.

3 weelin geezer
07-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Bring a gameboy. I knew a guy that did that. He was all excited until I asked him just WHAT is it that he does. He said he spent most of his time cleaning the damn gun than firing it...and that came once in a blue moon. The rest was just down time in the sun. But I guess if you are an officer you may have more to do, eh?

farmerc
07-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrat on your job in the Artillery. I was stationed there to and was in artillery too. Had a blast there. Alot of good swimming holes around there and some good rock jumping places. I was with the 2nd and 36th field artillery C battery. Good Luck with it and don't let some gun bunny give you any crap

LonesomeTriZ
07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I am sure being an officer will keep me busy. If the terrain is that nice, I bet there are some good riding spots as well. I hope any way.

firehart
07-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Have you got to drive a Humvee yet?

jsimonh
07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I am sure being an officer will keep me busy. If the terrain is that nice, I bet there are some good riding spots as well. I hope any way.

I'm 30 minutes up the H.E. Baily Turnpike from Fort Sill. Lawton is a nice place, plenty of stuff to do. I'm not sure about riding spots around Lawton, but there are 2 decent riding parks around me here in Chickasha. If I ever get my Tecate running your more than welcome to come ride it.

SpeedBump
07-23-2006, 01:00 AM
gun bunny

I was gona use that ONE!!! Anyway, congrats...Careful where you AIM that thing....Don't point that thing at meee!!!!

Jeffro33
07-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Ft. Sill sounds good to me. When do I get to start moving!!!!!

firehart
07-23-2006, 10:09 AM
I picked this licence plate up from a junk store awhile back.

LonesomeTriZ
07-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Firehart

Yep, I have been in the military for a while. I have driven a few different models. I still think they could use a little tuning. I was eriously considering Armor. But I did not want to deal with the crap those guys have to do in the rear.

jsimonh

Thank you for the offer. It will still be several months before I head out there. Hopefully I will have a machine or two with me, so you CAN expect a call from me soon after our arrival.

Speedbump

No worries, I am a pretty good shop. But then again, with something that big, I do not think it is nessaccary.

Jeff

Plan on it being a while. I am still in holding here. After OCS they said I may have to go to jump school and Ranger school. I do not really want to go to either, but I'll go if I have to.