PDA

View Full Version : just utility quads?

kevys350x
03-31-2003, 08:41 PM
I've been looking at atv club and trail websites and they all have pictures of their rides.... but they all ride 4x4's. no sport quads or 3 wheelers in sight. i'm just wondering if these groups are any fun. has anyone been on any group trail rides? is anyone a member of any atv clubs? just curious. :?:

lisnup65
04-03-2003, 09:04 AM
I ride with a group that is all 4*4's. Their is me on either the 350X or my 250R, and 1 other guy on a Scrambler 500 2*4. The guys are alright to run with, but they are into mud pits and bank climbing with their winches. They are not into speed and leaving the ground in true sport style. I do know that my R has gone through everything they have though!! :-D
The 4*4's cause serious rutts though. We have a couple MX style short tracks that they destroyed in less than 2 months :evil: . These tracks were racked and groomed, but now they are rough and dangerous to actually hold races.

kevys350x
04-03-2003, 11:33 AM
thats very interesting. the groups out here seem to be all about treading lightly, but what can i say, i've never been on a ride yet.

ps. i was just in lake geneva. i like that area out there.

lisnup65
04-03-2003, 01:00 PM
thats very interesting. the groups out here seem to be all about treading lightly, but what can i say, i've never been on a ride yet.

ps. i was just in lake geneva. i like that area out there.Lake G is OK. I am about 20 minutes from there.