07-30-2006, 07:25 AM
I am looking at getting a Compaq presario notebook features
celeron m processor 410
reads/writes cd&dvd
512mb ddr memory
80gb hard drive
its $450 @ circuit city
I mainly use my computer for surfing the web and ebay buying and selling
Does this soun dlike a good deal? anyone had a compaq before? I have no idea about computers thanks everyone for your help:beer

nouseforaname90
07-30-2006, 11:21 AM
eh it sounds like an ok deal. Personally I would get a good high dollar computer that I know will last a long time. But for $450 that sounds like an ok deal. I don't think the processor is very fast tho. Let me check on a few computers for you.

nouseforaname90
07-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah that computer sounds like a good deal. Sometimes the cheaper computers tend to freeze up more and not last as long, but for the price you probably can't beat it. For $450 all dell can give you is a 40GB harddrive and 256mb of RAM. The Celeron M processor is only 1.6 or 1.7GHz which is ok for online I guess.. but not the best for gaming. Uhm do you happen to know if the notebook you are looking at has a wireless card in it? If you are going to be online with it, you will probably want to get a wireless router and wireless card.. it will make your life alot simpler without wires. I recommend wireless N because it has a longer range and faster speed.. but wireless G is good as well.

yyz4208@aol.com
07-30-2006, 12:28 PM
it has wireless card
can I use a dial up connection for that? I still use dial up
is gateway still a good brand?
what do some of you think I should get for $450 range