PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGuire in the Hall of Fame?

TravEX
07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
He's up for nomination next year. Do you think he belongs in the Hall of Fame? This morning on ESPN the Sports Reporter were kicking this around.

dreadhed
07-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Hell no. He did not do it on his own. I really don't watch sports but what does that say if he gets in the hall of fame.

TravEX
07-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Hehe, I say put him in. I don't care what he took. They can't prove anything. He gave people what they wanted, hitting balls out of the park. Hell, Babe Ruth was intoxicated sometimes in games and doing stupid stuff off of the field, he's in there.

While we're at it, put Pete Rose in there too (as a player, not coach). I really believe he belongs in there.

They all take something to help their bodies heal and maintain health for the long seasons. In the NBA, players get IV fluids and meds pregame to boost their bodies ability to perform. There needs to be clear cut rules on things. Back in Big Macs and Canseco's days it was shady what was allowed and not. These guys are overpaid way too much, and they have a LOT of pressure to perform and live up to the hype and put butts in the seats. I am not saying it's right, but in everything everyone looks for an edge, and to bend the rules as far as they can to get an edge, whether is springs in NASCAR, steroids in MLB and NFL, or steel shin protectors in soccer.

That's my opinion and thanks for yours,

Travis

SYKO
07-30-2006, 07:44 PM
hey i have his rookie card signed by him, think I can sell it for 5 bucks?

KASEY
07-30-2006, 11:37 PM
without a C.O.A ITS WORTH ABOUT $5 lol i have a box of his rookie cards too,,,,,

firehart
07-31-2006, 12:07 AM
I'd like to see them Pete Rose in as a player too. Don't you think he's suffered long enough. The people forgave Jane Fonda for going to Viet Nam.

TravEX
07-31-2006, 08:14 AM
That's right, Charlie Hustle BELONGS!!! hehe.

Back on Mac, they polled the sports writers who have Hall of Fame votes, only 8 of the 50 said they would vote Mac in.

Travis